“A steak and a view!”

Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 3,871 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 620
Description: Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is a 14,000 sq ft restaurant built on a mountain over looking Lake Travis. We have three levels, four bars, and three outdoor dining areas with breath taking views. All steaks are hand selected Prime beef cuts, seasoned, broiled to order and topped with our house butter blend with caramlized shallots and chives. It is the perfect destination any night of the week.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We tried this steakhouse for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. The appetizers were great (queso for the kids and calamari and artichokes for the adults). The steaks were well prepared and the sides were a nice touch. I wouldn't write home about the salad . . . the caesar was bland and kind of wilted. The wine list was really pretty good and they even have a great selection of sparkling wines including prosecco. We elected to sit on the patio because the weather was AMAZING and the view was AMAZING . . . that was until it became dark and we literally had to use the flashlight app on our i-phone to be able to find our plates. If they are going to offer outside dining at a steakhouse, I would recommend some LIGHTING and get rid of the cheesy plastic tables . . . for the prices they are charging, details matter and these two points need attention. However, for the food . . . I give them high marks.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

While my wife and I were visiting her daughter & family in March 2012, they took us to Steiner Ranch Steakhouse. The location is fabulous with a view of some of Austin's hills. The steaks and sides were delicious and service quite good. I rated Steiner Ranch a '5' despite the very high price, but you get what you pay for. I would dine there again .... the true test for a 4* or 5* rating.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Every time I come to Austin I have to go to Steiner Ranch for a nice steak. The place is really nice, elegant, with live music, and absolutely delicious meat. Service is fast and efficient and I would die to know how to cook a steak like they do! I do not know about the rest of the food because usually I get there starving and order the 22 or 24 oz steak. After that, nothing else goes in :)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Steiner Ranch Steakhouse sits on a beautiful patch of prime Texas property. It is a casual place with lots of friendly people. My colleague and I sat at the bar and had a few cold Shiner Bock’s while we waited a short time for our table. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel at home. Don’t miss the large deck out back where there was live music and a great view of the sunset. The smoked Texan ribeyes were mouth wateringly delicious. I hope to return someday and bring my family.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wow, good food does exist in Austin!
The staff, setting, food and music were all lovely.
We had the Ahi Tuna appetizer, and it was perfect in every way.
Then we had a couple of other dishes which were also very good.
The waiter excelled himself.
The singer and band ware great and we had a lovely evening.

The location is on a hilltop a little out of town - you will need a car and probably a navigator.
It has lovely views out over the lake and is a step above most of the other restaurants in the area.

The prices were also a little higher but not too bad - appropriate to the service and quality.