“Great steaks & service; lovely view; VERY pricey”

Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 3,816 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: HWY 620
Description: Steiner Ranch Steakhouse is a 14,000 sq ft restaurant built on a mountain over looking Lake Travis. We have three levels, four bars, and three outdoor dining areas with breath taking views. All steaks are hand selected Prime beef cuts, seasoned, broiled to order and topped with our house butter blend with caramlized shallots and chives. It is the perfect destination any night of the week.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

While my wife and I were visiting her daughter & family in March 2012, they took us to Steiner Ranch Steakhouse. The location is fabulous with a view of some of Austin's hills. The steaks and sides were delicious and service quite good. I rated Steiner Ranch a '5' despite the very high price, but you get what you pay for. I would dine there again .... the true test for a 4* or 5* rating.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Every time I come to Austin I have to go to Steiner Ranch for a nice steak. The place is really nice, elegant, with live music, and absolutely delicious meat. Service is fast and efficient and I would die to know how to cook a steak like they do! I do not know about the rest of the food because usually I get there starving and order the 22 or 24 oz steak. After that, nothing else goes in :)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The Steiner Ranch Steakhouse sits on a beautiful patch of prime Texas property. It is a casual place with lots of friendly people. My colleague and I sat at the bar and had a few cold Shiner Bock’s while we waited a short time for our table. Our waiter was very attentive and made us feel at home. Don’t miss the large deck out back where there was live music and a great view of the sunset. The smoked Texan ribeyes were mouth wateringly delicious. I hope to return someday and bring my family.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Wow, good food does exist in Austin!
The staff, setting, food and music were all lovely.
We had the Ahi Tuna appetizer, and it was perfect in every way.
Then we had a couple of other dishes which were also very good.
The waiter excelled himself.
The singer and band ware great and we had a lovely evening.

The location is on a hilltop a little out of town - you will need a car and probably a navigator.
It has lovely views out over the lake and is a step above most of the other restaurants in the area.

The prices were also a little higher but not too bad - appropriate to the service and quality.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Went there for a spiel occasion. The food, service & atmosphere were perfect. They had a great band playing on the patio as well. It's now added to our favorite list for Austin. We'll return for sure..

Been to Steiner Ranch Steakhouse? Share your experiences!