WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hotel Saint Cecilia

Hotel Saint Cecilia
Ranked #70 of 200 Hotels in Austin
Austin, Texas
“The best place to stay in Austin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is my favorite place to get away in my hometown. Totally Austin. Record players in every room. You can check out records up front. Beautiful pool and grounds. The rooms are amazing!! I've stayed in 4 different ones. Each is unique, some with deep tubs, outside showers, big yard, porches. Great staff and cocktails. Walking distance to Continental Club and Perlas, Botticellis..
Check out the pictures. My words can do justice to the decor and the overall vibe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CynthiaC45

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

An absolutely gorgeous little boutique hotel in Austin. So much thought put into the layout and comfort of the guests. We stayed in the "studio" which when booking made it sound small, but it was a massive room with a full couch, balcony, full table/chairs and massive bathroom. Pool area is exclusive and lovely. Great to sit and read and stay cool in Austin.

Where we had some issues was with the ridiculously overpriced drinks and products on sale. This is not a cheap hotel, and while we get there is an "image" to uphold, there were multiple cocktails on the menu for $20 and others ranging from $15-18 as well. This is Austin TX. I live in NYC and almost no bar no matter how swanky charges this much for a cocktail. It really put us off because you can walk 2 blocks outside the hotel to Perla or another little restaurant on S Congress and get a great cocktail for $10 or less. It just feels forced and almost insulting go charge so much for drinks just because you know most of your guests are likely not want for $$. The Breakfast menu was even more silly. $28 for french toast, $20+ for a few eggs and the list goes on. I'm sorry, but again, it's just stupid to charge so much for items like this when there are great places walking distance down the street with amazing breakfast/brunch for half the price.

Again, we loved the property. But we really think St Cecilia should look hard at how they price drinks/food and don't try to take your guests for a ride with the assumption that staying at your hotel means getting railed on cost to actually have a drink or eat at your beautiful hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roam_again
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your visit with us and appreciate your feedback. Whenever possible we feature local and organic Texas farms and artisans to create our food menus items. Our signature cocktails are also made with local and organic spirits and infusions along with house made syrups and mixers presented in vintage glassware. If you do choose to stay with us again I would love to invite you to enjoy a round of drinks and 2 breakfast menu items on us in order to fully experience what our food and beverage options have to offer. Please feel free to contact me directly via email at lisa@hotelsaintcecilia.com or call 5128522423 to book your next stay. It would be our pleasure to have you back.
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous. The staff was amazing - the bartender made us delicious cocktails and stayed open an extra hour just for the few of us who were hanging around. The suite we had was spectacular and the Le Labo bath products were a nice touch. Loved that the pool stayed open 24 hours. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mackkt
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind review, it was our pleasure making your stay memorable and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back again soon--we'll have a cocktail waiting for you.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I absolutely LOVED this boutique hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and so I'm in and out of your typical hotel pretty often. The St. Cecilia feels like you are a guest in someone a close friend's home. If you have some disposable income (it's very pricy) it's worth checking out. The bar is cozy, the pool is awesome and the soundtrack around the property made me want to take notes for future relaxation playlists. I left feeling pampered and relaxed.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 1 - a three room suite with one king sized bed. We had 4 girls - 2 in the bed, o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaime P
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words Jaime -- we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to email emily.waldmann@hotelsaintcecilia.com and it would be our pleasure to send you some of the tracks on our playlists so you can enjoy at home until the next time we see you again.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spent an evening, my only evening in Austin, at Hotel Saint Cecilia and it was fabulous. The room was private and charming. Every room has a record player and you can borrow records from the lobby adding to the romance of the evening. The staff were very friendly. We weren't there long enough to enjoy the pool although it looked so inviting or the loungy outdoor restaurant area which was also very inviting. The hotel was a block away from a busy street but you felt like you were completely away from that. And having that busy street so close was great - there were fantastic shops, restaurants and patios to sit back and relax. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were in room # 8 which was two flights up and the only room at the top of the stairs, great for p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank KellyC007
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you so much for joining us, it was our pleasure having you. Next time we hope you can stay long enough to enjoy the pool and the lounge. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Hotel St. Cecilia for a bachelorette party for my sister. We had three poolside bungalows 9,11 and 12. Can I just say wow, I will have to make a point to come back with my husband.

The hotel had a genuine cool feeling, not pretentious or over hyped at all in my opinion. The service was fantastic and the staff was constantly asking if they could do anything to improve our stay.

The grounds were beautiful and for a different occasion, I would have been content to just hang out at the hotel all day. Also-the beds- wow. So ridiculously comfortable.

Of the three rooms, 12 was the best, it was an upper bungalow and had a very large, deep tub, which the others didn't.

Hotel St. Cecilia was pricey, but it made the occasion and was well worth every penny.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Gausdenk
From all of us here at Hotel Saint Cecilia, we are so glad you enjoyed your time here and the evening was memorable. Since you enjoyed the soaking tub in Pool Bungalow 12, Suite 1 may also suit you for a different feel on a future visit.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I think St Cecilia is probably the patron saint of the rip off.
My room rate was $700 plus and for that i got stay in, what i felt, was some dudes basement. Little to no natural daylight and nik-nakky crap from second hand stores - and oh yes a groovy turn table. If these things are the reason my rate was high then it was a waste of time buying them, i was scared to touch the in room beverages and chocolates - probably would have to sell my car! Next time it will be downtown for me - the waitress was nice who served me my $8 coffee but overall the staff were a little "too cool to serve".
A total disappointment after hearing great things - hype maybe?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Saxa V
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Saxa V. From all of us here at the Saint Cecilia, I am truly sorry you were so disappointed with your stay. I would love the opportunity to have you back in a different room type with more air and light. Please feel free to email me directly at lisa@hotelsaintcecilia.com or call 5128522423 to discuss options the next time your travels bring you to Austin. We'd love a second chance to leave a better first impression.