“Worth it!!”

Hotel Saint Cecilia
Ranked #71 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous. The staff was amazing - the bartender made us delicious cocktails and stayed open an extra hour just for the few of us who were hanging around. The suite we had was spectacular and the Le Labo bath products were a nice touch. Loved that the pool stayed open 24 hours. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mackkt
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for the kind review, it was our pleasure making your stay memorable and we are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you back again soon--we'll have a cocktail waiting for you.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I absolutely LOVED this boutique hotel. I travel quite a bit for work and so I'm in and out of your typical hotel pretty often. The St. Cecilia feels like you are a guest in someone a close friend's home. If you have some disposable income (it's very pricy) it's worth checking out. The bar is cozy, the pool is awesome and the soundtrack around the property made me want to take notes for future relaxation playlists. I left feeling pampered and relaxed.

Room Tip: We stayed in Suite 1 - a three room suite with one king sized bed. We had 4 girls - 2 in the bed, o...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jaime P
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words Jaime -- we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to email emily.waldmann@hotelsaintcecilia.com and it would be our pleasure to send you some of the tracks on our playlists so you can enjoy at home until the next time we see you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spent an evening, my only evening in Austin, at Hotel Saint Cecilia and it was fabulous. The room was private and charming. Every room has a record player and you can borrow records from the lobby adding to the romance of the evening. The staff were very friendly. We weren't there long enough to enjoy the pool although it looked so inviting or the loungy outdoor restaurant area which was also very inviting. The hotel was a block away from a busy street but you felt like you were completely away from that. And having that busy street so close was great - there were fantastic shops, restaurants and patios to sit back and relax. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: We were in room # 8 which was two flights up and the only room at the top of the stairs, great for p...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KellyC007
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you so much for joining us, it was our pleasure having you. Next time we hope you can stay long enough to enjoy the pool and the lounge. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently stayed at Hotel St. Cecilia for a bachelorette party for my sister. We had three poolside bungalows 9,11 and 12. Can I just say wow, I will have to make a point to come back with my husband.

The hotel had a genuine cool feeling, not pretentious or over hyped at all in my opinion. The service was fantastic and the staff was constantly asking if they could do anything to improve our stay.

The grounds were beautiful and for a different occasion, I would have been content to just hang out at the hotel all day. Also-the beds- wow. So ridiculously comfortable.

Of the three rooms, 12 was the best, it was an upper bungalow and had a very large, deep tub, which the others didn't.

Hotel St. Cecilia was pricey, but it made the occasion and was well worth every penny.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Gausdenk

From all of us here at Hotel Saint Cecilia, we are so glad you enjoyed your time here and the evening was memorable. Since you enjoyed the soaking tub in Pool Bungalow 12, Suite 1 may also suit you for a different feel on a future visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I think St Cecilia is probably the patron saint of the rip off.
My room rate was $700 plus and for that i got stay in, what i felt, was some dudes basement. Little to no natural daylight and nik-nakky crap from second hand stores - and oh yes a groovy turn table. If these things are the reason my rate was high then it was a waste of time buying them, i was scared to touch the in room beverages and chocolates - probably would have to sell my car! Next time it will be downtown for me - the waitress was nice who served me my $8 coffee but overall the staff were a little "too cool to serve".
A total disappointment after hearing great things - hype maybe?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Saxa V
Lisa M, General Manager at Hotel Saint Cecilia, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Hello Saxa V. From all of us here at the Saint Cecilia, I am truly sorry you were so disappointed with your stay. I would love the opportunity to have you back in a different room type with more air and light. Please feel free to email me directly at lisa@hotelsaintcecilia.com or call 5128522423 to discuss options the next time your travels bring you to Austin. We'd love a second chance to leave a better first impression.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel alone is worth a trip to Austin, and if you live in Austin, it feels like a getaway in the city. I honestly can't say enough great things about this little gem of a hotel.
It's located about a block off South Congress, but in a reprieve of Live Oak trees, so you feel a world away from the hustle and bustle.
The rooms are super cool, with big, comfortable beds, interesting snacks/bar items, record players and fabulous bathroom products.
One of the best parts of this boutique hotel is the intimate bar with outdoor seating. When the weather is nice, it's a perfect location for a pre or post dinner drink.
We only stayed here one night, but I wish I could have stayed a week. I LOVED this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #7 above the bar. It has it's own private patio overlooking the grounds, and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SarahDallas222
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I loved the feel of this place. Very Austin- a little retro, but done tastefully. I loved the chosen furniture as its not your typical hotel furnishings. The tiling in the bathroom was really beautiful. You can tell the owners put a lot of attention into every detail to make sure it was high quality. I took a lot inspiration from this place for my own home remodel because it was the right amount of cool and comfort. Its also in a great neighborhood but still walking distance to some fun places. My only complaint was that they didn't have food service at certain hours. I got in around 2pm and they didn't have a cook there. The woman at the desk did prepare the most amazing cheese plate for me though. But salad or some other options are nice when you are traveling and not in the current time zone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo