“Quirky and Elegant”

Hotel Saint Cecilia
Ranked #74 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This property is the perfect stay when in Austin. The grounds are beautiful and include a relaxing pool area, dining nooks, lovely lighting and fun music. Speaking of music when checking in take advantage of the record album library. Each room has a phonograph so you can lay back and enjoy some retro tunes. The bar serves up interesting drinks and snacks. We were in room 8 and enjoyed a good view of Austin and a private balcony. The check in with Eric was fast and friendly. I wish we had been able to stay longer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LOL305

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Hotel Saint Cecilia is one of the most gorgeous hotels I have stayed...I love the beautiful sprawling property with the beautiful bungalows - we had one opposite the swimming pool. Another good reason to go to Austin. Before this, I always tried to stay at the San Jose and now it will always be a toss up. The decor is gorgeous and the service impeccable. Liz Lambert's hotels spoil you in how classy they are and make you never want to stay in a mainstream hotel again! I wish more hoteliers were this creative in how they design spaces - would make me want to travel more.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I spent the weekend enjoying the comfort of Saint Cecilia.

Only a block off Austun's South Congress, this hotel sets the standard for all in the city.

Our breakfast serves on our private balcony over looking the Austin skyline was spectacular.

The atmosphere and service around the pool made for a relaxing Saturday afternoon.

The hotel is a bit pricy however is a special place for special occasions.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I wish that I could stay here all the time, actually I think I wish that I lived here.

The grounds were fabulous and I regret not having more time to spend there. We checked in around three, took a walk around, got a drink while waiting for the cab to take us out.

I got the ginger mojito and it was pretty good, but oppressively expensive. I mean, come on, for the price of the rooms I think you can calm down a little with the drink prices. But hey, traveling is sort of a willful suspension of reality, right??

Our room, room 3 was kind of dark unless you opened the curtains, and if you did that your neighbors could see in the room as they walked to theirs. The bed was aaaawesome and we both slept great.

There wasn't an iron, which I didn't realize and would have liked, I also didn't find the blowdryer until it was too late - kept in the closet by the bed in case you're looking for it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sara O
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I also thought about titling this review The Million Dollar Motel. I'm always skeptical of hotels costing this much money, as very few things can live up to this price range. I've stayed in several hotels recently for many reasons within many budgets. This hotel ranks among the middle of the pack, though it was the most expensive. The stay was shortly after a trip to The Waldorf in Boca Raton, and my experience here was far less pleasurable. The grounds are phenomenal - that ranked among the best I've seen within a city. The location is perfect, too. The problem was rude service, a lack of amenities, and a serious lack of cleanliness. Half of the staff was very helpful, but those who were rude were extremely uppity and lacking basic communications skills. The amenities did not include anything more than soap, shampoo and conditioner, body wash, and lotion. For $300-500 a night I'd at least like an iron in lieu of the tacky attempt to up-sell everyone on ridiculous "designer" toiletries. As for the cleanliness and the title of this review, the furniture that was supposed to be chic was just old and/or worn. Not worn in a charming way, but stuffing-coming-out-of-the-couch worn. The shower had the same ball of hair in it during our entire trip, though they did remove the dead roach quickly. The shabby rug in our bathroom did little to cover the moldy grout lines, too. Overall, the hotel isn't nearly as bad as I make it sound, but for the price I would expect so much more. I would not spend the money again, nor would I suggest anyone else take the risk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ArkansasExPat
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Our stay at the Hotel Saint Cecilia was flawless and we wished we had booked more nights just to stay at this beautiful hotel.

The staff were friendly and professional and was always willing to go the extra mile to make our stay more pleasant.

The room was amazing with views of the Austin city, fantastic decor and amenities. It is a short walk to all the great shops and food trucks on SoCo but quiet and secluded when you want to escape.

One comment is that there are no elevators to the rooms so if you have very heavy luggage or have difficulty taking stairs, let them know in advance.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Upon arrival there had been a mistake made on my reservation. The Guest Relations Manager resolved the issue and we were escored to a pool bungalow. It was like a tree house with lots of windows and a beautiful 2nd floor view of the "Soul" pool. Truly one of a kind. Greatly appreciated the Manger making things right with the original error on my reservation. If you want convenience, understated elegance, a distinctly Austin atmosphere, peace and privacy- look no further.

Room Tip: Pool bungalow 14 was peaceful and had a treehouse vibe. Large, sunny and quiet.