Hotel Saint Cecilia
$258
$219
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$140
$137
  • Breakfast included
$195
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown(Austin)
$251
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
Agoda.com
W Austin(Austin)
$279
  • Restaurant
All reviewspoolside bungalowboutique hotelsouth congressoutdoor showersoftest bedgrounds are stunninghuge tubclaw foot tubweekend nighthomemade granolaflights of stairsthree roomsgreat boutiquethe main housethe location is perfectturn down servicemini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here last month and loved it. From the moment you check in you know that you've arrived somewhere extraordinary. Grab your room key and a collection of your favorite LPs to play on the record player in your room that's hooked to a sound cube. Settle in to your room and you'll see that the sophisticated whimsy that greeted you at checkin was just the beginning. Also make sure to enjoy some snacks or a cocktail at the lounge and if you have friends in town be kind and invite them to join as it's nothing on the grounds is open to the public. The grounds are quiet and stylish, it's the perfect stylish hideout just outside of the bustle of South Congress.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Lots of cool factor, sure. But all sizzle and no steak. Rooms were lovely but, not luxurious. For $500, here is what you don't get -- assistance with baggage, an iron in your room or even a bottle of water on a hot day. (You get nickel-and-dimed for $9 on top of your $500 for the h2o.) The entire room was an obnoxious display for upsells -- buy the soap! buy the liquor! buy the cookies! Love Austin and love this location but, take the Hotel San Jose for half the cost.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank SecretaryofTourism
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Due to my job, I'm a heavy traveler, and I spend about 50 nights per year in a hotel. I typically stay in Westin's or W's or Sheratons and occasionally a Hilton or Marriott. So when I read reviews claiming the St Cecilia is so special, I was a bit skeptical. Nonetheless, I canceled my reservation at the Austin W and decided to spend a night at St. Cecilia. Now, I'm a believer. What a special hotel the St Cecelia is. The grounds are gorgeous, the room filled with one of a kind pieces (and of course a stereo and turntable like every room at the St. C), and the pool is so cool. We also loved the bar and the service, across the board, was superb.

With the corporate discount I typically get, the St C costs 2x to 3x depending on the room. But for a really special stay, this hotel is really the only choice. The difference is in the details - and the St C nails it.

I'm checking my calendar now for a visit in the fall. My new home away from home in Austin.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is my 3rd time staying at Hotel Saint Cecilia and I am here to tell you this is one of the coolest hotels in the country. It is so stylish without being pretentious.

We stayed in a room near the pool and it was nothing short of amazing- good sized with our own private patio and firepit. The service has always been amazing and personalized and this visit was no different. We enjoyed everything about our visit- from wine in the courtyard to just lazing about in the room listening to records. It was THE PERFECT getaway. The hotel is expensive but it's worth it and the location is great as you can just walk to South Congress. My only suggestion is the lighting- the rooms can be a bit dark- I am all for ambiance but it needs a little more light.

I am looking forward to the next time we can go back to Saint Cecilia!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ashmack
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I booked a pool room for two nights recently based on the lovely pictures on the website. Now, as I have seen before, many hotel chains usually show their best rooms to sell the category, but, this really was a bit of a misrepresentation. The room looked bright, full of windows with views of the gardens. So, imagine my shock when I was ushered into a dark basement room with a view so bad they had all the shades drawn!(the view was of a tiny patio and a fence.) The lighting was very dark as well. So dark I could barely see myself in the bathroom mirror!! It seems they use either 25 or 40 watt bulbs in there and there are just prison slits for windows. I asked the person checking us in if there was anything else available as this was really unacceptable and was abruptly dismissed as there was nothing. The a/c went on and off all night and was so loud it kept me up most of it. There are mini bars in both the living room and bath loaded with overpriced amenities many in packages ragged from guests looking at them and putting them back. Room service is delivered by a waiter who hand the tray to you at the door and says, "here you go!" And, the "free" wi-fi doesn't work in this basement because the signal is too weak. Not once was my dissatisfaction addressed by any hotel employee, but, instead all chose to hide from me in a small office behind the front desk. They even followed up with a complimentary note hoping I enjoyed my stay. Sleeping in a musty smelling noisy basement for two nights in Austin, TX for a thousand bucks??? What do you think. Stay away from room "13"!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 13 and make sure you call them in advance and get a room that is in their web brochure.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple