“We couldn't ask for anything better!”

Staybridge Suites Austin NW
Ranked #94 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Houston, Texas
“We couldn't ask for anything better!”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

This weekend we took our family to the A Day Out With Thomas in Burnet. We wanted to stay somewhere that wasn't too congested and easy to get to Burnet. The room was great and the dining area was very clean. We all took our baths the first night and the water remained hot for all four of us. The staff was very polite and attentive. Whenever we head back to the Austin area, we will definitely make sure we stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We were so pleased with this hotel. We have done quite a bit of traveling this summer, from a cabin in the woods to cheap motels to high priced hotels and all have had issues that made the stay unpleasant in some way, not this place. Everything was in great shape, comfortable bed, quiet, good shower, friendly staff and for our needs a perfect location.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
san antonio
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed in Austin for a wedding. We usually stay at Holiday Inns, but the wedding party was staying at the Staybridge Suites so we stayed too. The Staybridge Suites was more than we expected. Upon arriving into our room, the maid service had left a towel in the shape of a lying dog on our bed! The towels were soft, fluffy and textured differently than the other hotel towels. The room offered two types of pillows for your sleeping pleasure. We tried them both out and couldn't decide which was better since they both were comfy! The pool was clean and well kept. The continental breakfast was outstanding! We are used to a "continental breakfast" consisting of ceral and pastries, and sometimes a waffle machine. Staybridge Suites breakfast had hot eggs, sausage, homemade oatmeal, fruit bar, french toast and much more! Next time we travel we will definitely be staying at a Staybridge Suites! Goodbye Holiday Inns!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank friendtoyou
philadelphia area
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The staff here were so nice to me, a woman who was wrangling three kids when my husband was at a business meeting. I asked a few favors of the receptionist and she was very accommodating and even went beyond what I asked. The maintenance man saw my kids swimming in the pool and went and fond some pool tools that were locked away. He even watched one of the kids when my younger one had to go to the bathroom while we were at the pool.
Our room was huge. I requested a 2-bedroom and it was gigantic. It may because it was wheelchair-accessible but everything was convenient. My only complaint was lack of dining table but maybe it wouldn't fit because of the wheelchair needs. My bathtub could have been a little cleaner but I am being nit-picky about that.
My only complaint is the breakfast set up. There's not enough tables for guests. It was raining when we were there so there were tables outside that nobody wanted to sit at since they were soaked. But there was not enough room inside for half the people.
The food was decent and there were ok number of choices but the breakfast room was very small and oddly set up so people were constantly running into each other in the awkward flow of traffic. The poor attendants were doing the best they could with the situation.
They do have trays so you can take your breakfast upstairs. I was alone with three kids (7 and under) and knew I couldn't juggle all the drinks and food with a toddler. We also had no dining table in our room and I was afraid of the mess that could have been made.
Other than the breakfast, the hotel was convenient and perfect for our needs. I'd have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank elawson
Hertford UK
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We chose this hotel in order to visit our son who has recently moved to Austin and we were there for 17 nights. In the UK we don't seem to have comparable long stay suites and we were very impressed with this arrangement. The location was superb for us with easy access to downtown and particularly the new Domain centre. We were particularly impressed with the standard of service and hygiene and although we hadn't expected a maid service at the w/e they did come in every day. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.The included buffet breakfast was beyond our expectations, the free internet facility and laundry were an added bonuses.The attractive outdoor pool was another delight during what was to us Brits rather high temperatures !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JeanGB
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks. The staff was friendly and helpful.
It was cozy and clean. I don’t have any at the time, but I love animals and I love that they allow pets. However, I don’t think they should charge for them, they get enough off of you as it is. I got to play with some of the guest’s dogs which was great for me. They have a great breakfast and a sundowner social with complimentary snacks/appetizers, beer, wine and soft drinks T-Th. (very nice) They also have a tiny pantry. The rooms are like having a little home away from home, but you pretty much have to take care of yourself as the maid service is very low. You can’t find one on the weekends at all, when you do find one they are not friendly, not even a smile. The room was clean and comfortable, but we had no bath soap and I found trash under the bed. The bed was not all that comfortable, but that’s not saying much for me. I don’t get much comfort on anything. If you bring a lot of clothes you won’t have much closet space it is very very tiny. When you hang your clothes you can’t shut the doors. We had formal wear so this was difficult not to smash everything, so we left it opened. The biggest complaint I have, is the walls are extremely thin. You will get no rest if you have children next door that scream at the top of their lungs all the time, and a herd of elephants above you moving furniture around and stomping everywhere like we did. I don’t understand people not having any respect for others and not teaching their children. Anyway, this is not the staff’s fault, it’s the owner cutting corners and hiring sorry builders. Other than that I would say it’s a pretty nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 2nutsontheroad
jcrace, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Austin NW, responded to this review, April 19, 2010
Good Evening

Great to hear from you guys. Thank you for taking the time out to respond on this site to give us some feedback about your most recent visit. We are definitely pet friendly and love the fact that our brand accepts pets! It’s great to have the option to bring your pet and the fee is actually for the cleaning after checkout. Home away from Home is exactly what we are trying to offer each and every guest and I am glad we were able to make you feel at home. The breakfast and Sundowner go over really well and I am glad you were able to take advantage of this wonderful amenity. In regards to the housekeeping service, I do apologize for your experience and will be working directly with my team on preventing a future occurrence. I am truly sorry for this experience and hope you give us another opportunity the next time you have hotel needs in the Austin area. If you have any questions or need anything at all please consider me at your service.

Adam Kipple
Texas
Reviewed April 6, 2010

This was our first experience with the Staybridge brand and we really chose the location because of the proximity to our daughter. The hotel was a great surprise. The rooms were mini suites with a sitting area and small kitchen, the beds had my wife asking the brand of the comfortable mattress.. There was a full breakfast each morning and dinner with wine and beer four nights. The staff was well trained and gracious and the hotel and rooms were clean and well maintained., We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Good Evening,

I wanted to first thank you for taking the time out to let us know how your stay was while in the Austin area. We are truly honored that we were the first experience you had with the Staybridge brand and it was great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We know there are many choices when looking for a hotel and we are excited you stayed with us and will be back the next time you are in Austin. If you need any additional information on our beds, just let us know. They are very comfortable and it would be my pleasure to help in anyway.

Have a wonderful day and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Adam Kipple