“Great Experience”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 9, 2010

This hotel was great. Skip the valet and park in the garage for $14. Yes, the charge is annoying, but it's the norm now for just about any hotel. Rooms were very nice and updated. Lobby was beautiful. The staff was very professional. It's a little removed from the heart of the city but we'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 31, 2010

This place is absolutely awesome! The staff is wonderful and very friendly and helpful. The hotel manager Mr. O'Neil is absolutely awesome. He knew we had requested an early checkin and although no room was available at the time he accomodated us in another room until our room was ready and then moved us! The view of the Tower was breathtaking! The rooms and hotel are very clean! I loved the entire decor of the hotel. It really doesn't even feel like your traditional hotels at all. I have no negative comments, and my husband and I can't wait for our next UT game getaway. We know where to stay now:o) P.S!. Thanks Mr. O'Neil for recommending the Turkey BLT at the hotel sports bar, it was absolutely delicious! Also, the guy at the coffee bar was super sweet and friendly the next morning!

1  Thank Beagle13
Reviewed January 18, 2010

We were a little dismayed when the AT&T blah, blah, blah came up in our Hotwire confirmation for a 4 star hotel. Never having heard of an AT&T "hotel" we were pretty apprehensive on our trip into town. Those concerns quickly vanished upon our arrival. This property is a legit 4 star "hotel" with all the amenities including a heated pool. Located just north of the state capital and on the edge of the UT campus the location is just a walk or cheap cab ride to anywhere you want to go in downtown. As usual these days parking is ungodly expensive. Valet $24 and underground self park $14. In addition, the underground parking is bizarre with the LOWEST clearance I've ever encountered in 30 years of travel. The roof rack on my FJ Cruiser actually hit the directional signs. Ate in Gabriels 2X's on our visit. Food and drink were good and very reasonably priced. Huge flat screens perfect for watching the Cowboys get their butts kicked.....again. Fitness center and pool are above average.

Reviewed January 17, 2010

This is an awesome hotel. The room is very good and the location right on the UT campus is perfect. The people working there were all very kind but the 14 day a day charge for parking is the dumbest thing I have heard of. In this kind of economy to charge 14 dollars a day is just plain wrong. I was there only one night but multiple nights would have been over the top. Hotels need to think of thier consumers instead of making cheap money off their good paying customers.

1  Thank dwallner
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I stayed here for business and brought a brand new camcorder that I gotten that day. I left it charging in the room and forgot to take it with me when I left. I called later that same day and gee, no camcorder was found. Big Surprise! To make matters worse, I was told that no one had a key to lost and found the day I was there, so why not just keep the dang thing. There was no safe place to keep it. I know I left my camera there! It would be nice to be able to be rest assured that I can trust the people working at the hotel I stay at. So now this 1 night at this hotel has cost me way more and I wont have a camcorder to record my wife and baby when she is born in the next couple of weeks. THANKS FOR NOTHING!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank 86christinh
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2010

Dear tbears8,
I show a forgotten camcorder was shipped out Monday morning two days after the guest's departure and received Tuesday morning. If this is indeed the same incident, I certainly apologize about the delay in getting your forgotten property to you, as we experienced a delay in the processing of lost and found on that Saturday. We have a separate protocol for high value items that ensures the safety of those items and to date have not had an instance of theft in our hotel. As an added measure of peace of mind we provide in room safes and safe deposit boxes at our front desk. I hope that this delay wouldn't keep you from staying with us again as the rest of your stay seemed to go well.

Reviewed December 9, 2009

This place is a joke , its overpriced , the management was rude and not only do you pay out the butt for the dated rooms you also pay for parking , i would recommend not staying here because you just dont get the bang for the buck .. I HAVE STAYED IN SUPER 8 HOTELS THAT ARE BETTER ..

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2009

Dear JaylaLexKy,
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your stay. I'm sorry you feel that we did not meet your expectations. I welcome you and any of our guests to contact us directly so that we can learn from mistakes and improve our products and service.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

I booked two rooms through hotwire, after taxes it cost $150 per room per night. It was on campus at the south end, nearly downtown, about 5 block walk to the Capitol. The valet parking was a bit expensive at $24, but was quick and efficient. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was quiet and comfortable. The place was full during a football weekend, but the crowd did not cause any breakdown of good service. It is a good place to stay for anyone visiting U. Texas.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends