“Beautiful Hotel in a Great Location”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 203 Hotels in Austin
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Beautiful Hotel in a Great Location”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel located on the campus of the University of Texas. It is in a great, central location in Austin and allows you to walk to various restuarants and attractions in the area. The hotel itself is quite nice, with granite and marble in the lobby. The front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. We had booked this room through an online site, so they gave us a room with two queen beds instead of a king that we requested and the room seemed crowded with too much furniture. The room was very clean and the bathroom area was as well. The bathroom had the feature where the sink was outside the room and the toilet and shower were in a separate room. The shower area was a bit cramped for space but it was nice not waiting for the sink to get ready. There is no breakfast included at this hotel, but they do have a couple of restaurants in the downstairs lobby. You have to pay for parking in their garage. Great place for business travel and of course if you child is attending the university.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mrsblue
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2009
Dear mrsblue,

Thank you for the kind words in your review of the AT&T Conference Center and Hotel. We use reviews from TripAdvisor to improve our product offerings and services by sharing them with our staff. We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide feedback on your stay. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Austin.

Tom Rice
Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Milan
Reviewed September 26, 2009

As they say: location, location, location. I loved this hotel, however a warning: the best reason to stay at the At&t is having some errands at UT. There are some other hotels not far from campus, but this one is directly on it. For me, that was the reason it was worth the price.
Downtown is not far, and At&t's location is slightly quiter than the hotels stacked around 6th Street, where all the nightlife is. You would still want to take a cab/car to reach it.
Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant at all odd hours. At&t made sure the hotel carrying their name is state of the art in terms of technology: TV, very high speed internet, sleek business feel all around. The style is modern, but understated. More elegant than your average chain.
The room was spacious, I especially appreciated the sheets and the bathrobe.
The pool was disappointing, however I appreciated they did not oversell it on their website. The gym is not impressive, but more than satisfactory.
I waited some time to get my room service order, but the steak (and homemade fries) ended up being worth it.
My only real complaint is the layout of the hotel; it's very, very confusing.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank EagerEuropeanTourist
Dear EagerEuropeanTourist ,

Thank you for the kind words in your review of the AT&T Conference Center and Hotel. I'm sorry for the delay on the room service order, but glad Chef Josh Watkins could provide a meal that was worth the wait. Next time you stay with us, UT allows our guests access to the Rec Center that has several pools from Olympic to lounging. Thanks again!

Tom Rice
Director of Rooms
california
Reviewed September 17, 2009

My two teenagers and I spent a couple of nights at this hotel while looking at UT Austin as a potential college for my son. It is directly on the campus. The hotel is beautiful, it looks brand new! We had wonderful service, the staff is very friendly and extremely helpful. The restaurant has excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Austin to look at UT or on business, it is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank where2nxtmac
Virginia
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I have visited Austin a number of times on Business and have had a very difficult time finding a good hotel. I was very happy when I found the AT&T Conference Center, which I have been to twice.

New facility, friendly staff, good service, spacious rooms which are clean and have room to work. The only disappointments are the bathrooms, which are small, and the lack of a reliable shared printer in the business center. Great location between the University of Texas and the State Capitol.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Let me preface this by saying, most of my family went to the University of Oklahoma, so I have never been a fan of anything related to the longhorns! This hotel on the UT campus has totally changed my generalization about my rival school. I just returned from a stay in the ATT Conference Ctr. August 22, 2009. It is a lovely hotel with the best customer service I have experienced at ANY hotel, hands down. We stayed in a double queen room with a tower view. The rooms are a nice size, have safe, coffee, Aveda products, fridge, 2 phones per room, free wireless. The casual restaurant, Gabriel's, is great. Great drinks including freshly made fruit infused vodka. We ordered breakfast in the room, steel cut oatmeal and fresh granola was fabulous. The staff is a pleasure to work with. Omar is a shining star! The customer service is top-notch, from the bar, to the front desk, to the valet. They have a free shuttle and they offered to take us the few blocks to our dinner date. They promptly picked us up with a simple phone call. All this and they were swamped with families staying in the hotel as their kids moved on campus for the school year! The price was fabulous and the service was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know. Makes me want to visit Austin more often.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Stayed 2 nights in mid-August for under $100/night, almost $75/night less than the hotel's online reservation quote. Great location adjoining campus (south end) and a short cab ride to 6th Street. Worth noting: check-in on 2nd floor (take the elevator); $14/day self-parking (all underground); mini-fridge but no microwave; Aveda bath products. Only negatives during my stay: although is was over 100 degrees outside, the A/C was not on in my room when I arrived; on second day, I had to get a new "zap" key to open my room; and, despite the sophisticated television system's own advertising, there was/is no "on demand" available. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again at the rate I paid but probably not at the rack rate.

Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank DavidMcTier
Arlington, TX
Reviewed July 31, 2009

I stayed one night and had a one day conference on site. The staff were friendly and helpful and knew the area well. The conference rooms were very nice and comfortable with great business center access and nice break areas and lounging areas.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business