“Wonderful location for a very nice hotel.”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #25 of 202 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed here for a wedding. Being a UT alumni, made this stay even more special. Fantastic location adjacent to campus. Excellent service and friendly staff. I hope I can visit again real soon. Rooms are spacious and beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stay at the ATT several times a year, and in one Austin hotel or another almost every month. The ATT is a mixed bag. Rooms are clean and large, but not particularly comfortable. The work desk is better than usual, but there is no chair other than the desk chair. The beds are nice and firm, but the pillows and linens are OK but not up to four star hotel standards. The bathroom is very basic. towels are mediocre. The internet is blazingly fast. Truly remarkable.

The public areas and restaurants are attractive and pleasant. Nice barrister staffed coffee bar in the lobby. The fancy restaurant, the Carillon, is overpriced and declining in quality. Used to be a notable Austin white tablecloth establishment. Lunch buffet was attractive but mostly tasteless. On the other hand, the sports bar was excellent, with nice service and innovative quality food. Room service is not 24 hour.

So, if you are doing business at UT, this is the best option you have - and a very good one at that. otherwise, you will do better other places.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

This place was barely adequate. Although the location is nice, I would not stay here again. The noise from other rooms was too loud. The staff is young and inexperienced. They quickly become bothersome rather than helpful. The Carilon restaurant is way overpriced for the weak food and small portions you get. The front desk would not match a rate I found on line for a second night, so I went to a different hotel which turned out to be less expensive and a better place,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear HoustonDavid:

While I'm happy you stayed with us and took the time to submit a review, I'm disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. As I do not know the circumstances surrounding your experience I invite you to reach out directly so we can learn what happened as to avoid it in the future. We are generally regarded as a quiet hotel as compared to other downtown locations and The Carillon was recently ranked 5th best restaurant in the city by Austin American Statesman's food critic Matthew Odam. This doesn't mean we can't slip up from time to time; We just like learning from our mistakes. Hope to hear from you.

Tom Rice
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The conference center is generally well designed with a good hotel and good meeting space. The staff is very pleasant, and the two meals I had at the main restaurant (breakfast and lunch) were good. There is plenty of sitting space to meet with people. The hotel room I had was large, but with a great deal of wasted space. It was clean and well appointed, but some of the design suggested that the designer never stayed in a hotel room before and had no idea how to set up a room. For one, this is a business hotel, and there is a desk and comfortable chair. BUT, there was only one accessible power outlet hidden behind the desk and hard to get at. This attached to several power strips (as far as I could tell) on the floor but both were filled with plugs and very hard to get to even to disconnect some of the things to use the plugs for one's own electronics. There are plenty of other free outlets in the room, but none convenient to the desk.

Then there is the lighting. One has to turn on every lamp in the room to get some level of brightness. The TV is modern flat screen with lots of channels, but it is a smaller model and far from the bed. Perhaps a younger person, with better eyesight, can see and read the screen when lying in bed, but the size of the room (large) deserves a larger TV.

The bathroom is large and good counter space (the closet is in the bathroom) but there are two things that are kind of ridiculous. First, there is a towel bar in front of the sink and this keeps one from getting close enough to the sink so that a short person might actually have trouble reaching the faucets. The second thing is the very large shower (enough for 3 or 4 people). The entrance to the long and rectangular shower is at one end, and the shower itself is at the other end. The only way to turn on the water is to stand under the shower, and get soaked while waiting to get to the proper temperature.

Overall, a decent hotel that has some limits in design.

Dear Fishperson:

Thanks for staying with us and taking a moment to review your stay! We will be certain to share your feedback with the previous designer as well as future ones so that we get it right in every room. Many rooms have ample power outlets available at the desk, but the room type you stayed in does not. Knowing the room type by your description of the shower, please know that we only have eight of those rooms. It is our intention to fix the flaws in them during our next renovation. We look forward to having you again and we'll be sure to assign a different room for you when you stay again.

Tom Rice
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We almost always stay at this hotel when in Austin if we can. It's got a great location on campus. The question is what's going on on campus that day. You can easily pay 3 times as much for same room depending on events.

It's clean, safe, convenient and well equipped. Gym could be larger. Food is good. Rooms are starting to show miles in some cases.

Room Tip: Tower views worth paying for...once.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I booked this place on Hotel Tonight after a debaucherous evening on the Eastside....damn I wan't expecting it to be so swanky!!!! The staff was friendly even though I was clearly not 100% sober....they were also helpful when I had to call for more specific directions cause you can't always trust google maps. (I was in a cab when I called so stop being judgey)

The interior was meticulous and well taken care of...although it was big and confusing to navigate....why is the lobby on the second floor?

My room was spacious and very clean and the bed was perfectly comfortable......the (very large) TV remote was a bit cumbersome but I won't look down on the facility for that. That's just poor engineering on LG's part.

I enjoyed my stay here so much that I actually didn't even want to sneak out for a walk of shame.....I woke up so happy I even took the woman who joined me to brunch the following morning.

Check out was easy and again the staff was extremely friendly and non judgmental when I had to ask my "friend" what her name was.

I would definitely stay here again if I could snag another deal like I did.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Room and staff were all quite good. TV was a bit more advanced and needlessly confusing. The bar was fine - food, ok. Concierge was a bit full of himself and generally useless - either not-knowing or bad advice. Gym was very good and location excellent for university activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking university street for views of campus.