AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
  • Restaurant
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsut campustower viewsliding doorparking garageroom serviceguest roomsstate capitolself parkrooms are comfortablevery nice hotelthe location is perfectbusiness tripdowntown areavisiting austinexecutivecarillonatt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice hotel right next to UT University. My husband was here for a conference and it is really spacious with both indoor and outdoor areas for large groups. I was able to walk to the TX History museum which is close by. If you want to get to the downtown Sixth St. area , it's a $10 cab ride (including tip) one-way. There's also a city bus stop that goes from SOCO thru downtown to Guadalupe St. and W. 20th Street where you can then walk a very short distance to the hotel entrance. Bus costs $1. Rooms are nice with in-room safes, coffee makers, etc. All the employees were very friendly from the bartender @ Gabriel's to the front desk, valets, cashier @ the Spirit Gift shop and OneTwenty5 Coffee Bar. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Pitiful! I've stayed in many hotel rooms and I have never experienced such paper thin walls. We could actually make out the words our neighbors were speaking. Our wake up call was the sound of one of them coughing. And that was followed by multiple sounds of running water presumably from people's showers. Our sink kept making a gurgling sounds as water passed through the pipes. If you're going to stay here, wear some heavy duty ear plugs.

We arrived at our room at approximately 2 o'clock on a Saturday and we noticed a few dirty dishes in the hallway. Nobody was capable of cleaning them and they remained there until at least noon the next day when we were leaving. I'm not interested in looking at other people's mess on the way to and from my room. Nor do I care for the laziness that allows this to occur.

Upon paying my bill at checkout, I was not informed by the front desk that we need a separate card to be able to exit the parking garage. So of course when we tried to leave, the gate wanted payment although I had already paid for parking at the front desk. If the front desk attendant sees that I'm paying for parking, I feel like it's his or her responsibility to make sure I have the necessary card to be able to exit the garage. But I guess once the hotel has my money, why bother...

I have never posted a review about anything ever. But this disappointing hotel stay compelled me to do so. It was definitely NOT WORTH the nightly fee. I will say the room itself was very clean and looked nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear PKInfinity,

I'm so sorry that you did not have a great experience with us and it lead you to writing your first review. There are no excuses for the lapses in service you experienced, but by letting us know we are able to use your feedback as training topics for our staff. We do hope you will give us another chance so that you can have the great experience that so many others have had.

Tom Rice
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel was lovely and all our events were very well- managed. Rooms were clean and well-appointed with one rather serious exception. The coffee they provide in the room to brew is really, really bad. I couldn't drink it and I'm usually desperate enough to struggle thru one cup until I can find something else. Not this stuff. I recommend eliminating the in room coffee service altogether or at least get coffee that is drinkable

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. It is a part of the University and is staffed by college students. It is clean and well maintained. The rooms are attractive, nicely furnished and comfortable. They have a cute little gift shop with a nice variety of products to choose from. The breakfast buffet which is offered in The Carillon, was varied and delicious. The place that I enjoyed the most was Gabriel's Café which is a sports bar. TV's surround the room so that you can watch "the game." The drinks were well made and the food was good. One thing that needs work is that the kitchen is on the floor above Gabriel's Café so it sometimes takes a while to get your order. My wish list would be that they find a resolution to this.

The conference rooms were well lit, clean and in good condition. Audio Visual worked well as well as set up and breakdown. All in all it was nice and I would visit again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank WorldTraveler95
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was a great pick for my family & I. There are queen beds, which give a lot more room, the hotel is very eco friendly, with recycle bins everywhere, which is a nice feeling. The staff was courteous & friendly & helpful in getting information for getting around Austin and finding food within walking distance. This hotel is located next to UT campus, which makes it a great choice if you are visiting the campus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family