“excellent business hotel next to UT campus”

AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Ranked #22 of 203 Hotels in Austin
southern california
“excellent business hotel next to UT campus”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here while visiting UT. I do not know the rate as UT booked and paid for the room.
My room was new and clean and reminiscent of a Westin room. It had similar linens and similar scented shampoos (white tea). There was a lush terry robe hanging in the closet. The bed did not feel quite as nice as the Westin heavenly bed but still it was good. I would say the room was very similar to a higher quality Westin or Hyatt or Hilton. The fitness center (pictured) was not large but had a decent assortment of cardio equipment, stack weights, and free weights. I used all of these. The floor of the fitness center has the long horn logo in the tiles. I had breakfast in the restaurant (not the buffet) and this was also very nice. I do not know if they have room service I did not try to order anything. Free wifi worked fine. Overall an excellent property I would stay here again if visiting UT.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got a high floor inner courtyard room that was quiet. Although it had...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on a college visit recently. Great service, very helpful from the parking guys to the concierge to the front desk. They allowed us to have a late checkout when we really needed one. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Gorham, Maine
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Beautiful hotel built especially for conferences. The meeting rooms were comfortable and well lit. The whole layout was great. The food was excellent. My room was beautiful and very comfortable. Great trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 5, 2013

It is a true testament to a great hotel when the management is as helpful and understanding as Matt. I have stayed at many other hotels and resorts and have never had such great flexibility and understanding from the hotel management.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The AT&T hotel and conference center is not only a central location to the University of Texas campus and downtown Austin, but is also, and always, a home away from home. Every detail is superb, every need met. From the awesome and comfy beds, to the dining choices, friendly and helpful staff and views of campus. I love the decor. I feel like a celebrity every time we stay, but there is no pretentious tone whatsoever. It feels like a luxurious getaway, yet you can go downstairs to the bar and have bottles of beer and queso. We walked to the Clay Pit for dinner (another awesome Austin must) and came in the relaxing quiet of a huge and spacious, CLEAN room. Stay here if you find yourself in the great city that is Austin.

Room Tip: Staff will do it's best to meet your needs. We always prefer a quieter room--if that is your des...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our trip to Austin was a rare weekend away as a couple, leaving the kids behind. Some friends recommended we booked through Hotwire and we did, thinking we'd try saving a little money and happen into a new (to us) hotel in Austin. This was listed as a 4-star on Hotwire. We were fooled. The lobby and public areas are very nice and the staff is very helpful and friendly. The valet parking is convenient and fooled me into thinking we were in for a great weekend of relaxation and pampering. On our first night we were in a nice enough room but were awake every 15-30 minutes by a rowdy wedding party. I'm not exactly sure why security was not patrolling to handle this issue (didn't they know there was a drunk wedding party in the hotel?), but we got very little sleep. The next day we requested to be moved and we were, to a room with a broken refrigerator, broken closet door hinges, a leaky faucet that gave us wet feet, stained sheets, you get the idea. We had already moved once so I chose to not complain again. The second night was a better rest. The third night was New Year's and we expected some noise. We did not expect that there would again be no security in the hallways to break up the drunken party outside our door at 3 AM. It went on for over a half hour before the drunks decided it was time to pass out in their rooms. I did more than complain- I was quite upset and sleep deprived- and the manager was nice about it. He covered our valet and offered a follow up weekend. I declined, I will never stay there again. It was hands down the worst hotel experience I've ever had. And believe me, in graduate school we stayed at Motel 6 and Value Inn A LOT. This was worse than that and unfortunately, I had the expectation that I would at least get a decent night's rest.

Room Tip: If you must go here I'd recommend going in the middle of the week so that you can avoid the peop...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
UT_Hotel, Manager at AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear sbr_Lubbock_TX:
I am so sorry you did not have the experience you were expecting with us. I certainly know the value of some time away from the kids and the need for peace and quiet. While we are generally regarded as one of the quietest hotels in town, it looks as though the holiday cheer got the best of some of our guests during your stay through New Year's Eve. Our staff patrols the guest room floors throughout the night and issues warnings if they hear noise or get complaints. As for the condition of the room, we have already had our maintenance crew and housekeeping staff bring it back to it rightfully perfect state. While my explanations don't make your stay better, I sure you hope you will come visit us again to take us up on our offer. You will find that we are a far cry from a party hotel and perhaps your next experience with us will be more like some of the others with reviews found here. With all that being said, we appreciate the feedback, public or private, and will continue to listen and improve.
Tom Rice
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The name sounds boring but this hotel is AMAZING. Rooms are beautiful and look like they were just renovated. SUPER clean, maid service is great, everyone at hotel (from check-in to bartenders) were super friendly. Close to everything (museums, restaurants, etc). Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room (shared) for a great view of UT tower and capitol bldg.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple