AT&T Hotel and Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$133
$170
$189
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
All reviewsut campustower viewsliding doorparking garageroom serviceguest roomsstate capitolself parkrooms are comfortablevery nice hotelthe location is perfectbusiness tripdowntown areavisiting austinexecutivecarillonatt
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We "won" this room on a very last minute bid through Priceline for the fourth of July weekend. We've stayed all over Downtown Austin over the last ten years or so, and we both agree these are the nicest rooms. And very "green" too!

The parking was only so-so convenient, but other than that absolutely no complaints. We will certainly be back, hopefully for some collegiate sports activities.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Great location if you're doing business on the UT campus. Staff was courteous and polite. But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the bug bites I went home with. I slept comfortably, but when I woke up I noticed a bad rash on my shoulder. I just assumed it was an allergic reaction or something. Turns out something bit me... twice! I still have a mark on my shoulder one week later. No big deal, really.. just kind of annoying. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a conference over Memorial Day weekend. The rooms were clean and attractive. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful--we asked for dining suggestions several times--and responsive to the slight problems we encountered. You can self-park in the garage under the hotel for $14 a day with in & out privileges. We never saw the garage even close to full, but maybe that's b/c it was a holiday weekend. The hotel has a good location: we walked all around the UT campus & environs and also to the Texas history museum. The food provided for our conference meals was amazing and extremely abundant. The conference facilities were top-notch. Also, there are some great spaces to sit and lounge around the hotel & in the courtyard. I'd love to stay here again and explore Austin more fully.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2011

The hotel is located right on the edge of the University of Texas campus, and as such is ideal for any occasion involving a school related activity. Ironically enough, our trip was not school related - we just wanted access to downtown Austin and Lake Austin. Overnight self parking added $14 to our bill, but was convenient and allowed in and out privileges. We walked straight over to tour the Capital building and then continued down Congress Avenue towards Town Lake. There was a biker rally in Austin that weekend so plenty to see as we walked past 6th street and across the Congress bridge to the Hyatt, where we rented a canoe and paddled around the lake for an hour - which seemed short, I'd recommend at least two so you can see a bit more of the lakefront. Slow going in a canoe, but only cost $10. Upon our return we had some drinks on the Hyatt patio and waited for dusk to watch the spectacle of millions of bats pour out from under the Congress bridge in search of dinner. We walked back to our hotel, which maybe took an half hour (?) and got cleaned up for the evening in a very nice stand alone shower (no tub). The provided soaps and shampoo were "free" of all things evil and harmful. The flat screen TV programming included at least 100 channels including a dozen HBO's as the AT&T Uverse programming was standard at the mothership facility. We were too pooped to go out on the town again, and ate a late dinner in the hotel bar/restaurant which offered a limited, but tasty menu and was open until 11pm. The staff was very nice and courteous including fielding our call from Houston the next day asking if they could mail our phone charger back since we left it plugged into the very conveniently located wall plug by the room table. If we would have received the promised follow up phone call to let us know if they found our charger and were sending it back, it would have been the customer service icing on the cake. But alas, our plea apparently fell through the cracks. Altogether a very clean, quiet strategically located hotel. Would stay there again on future visits. It helped that we got a price break on the room via Hotwire, as the standard rates were a bit more than we wanted to pay. Kind of lucked out in that regard.

Room Tip: Ask for a Tower view- watch it lite up if UT wins!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is the best hotel I've stayed in in this price range - ever. The rooms are immaculate, the service friendly, and the amenities enjoyable.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business