“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Plano, Texas, United States
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We only stayed 1 night, but it was a great stay. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was fabulous! The chef prepared our food exactly as ordered and the service was outstanding! The young man overseeing the dining room was attentive, polite and professional. A very pleasant way to start the day! Thank you, Hilton! I'll be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are happy that you found our staff helpful and courteous and your room, clean and spacious. It is also great to hear you thought our breakfast was fabulous! We think you are also fabulous and are looking forward to your next visit!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Some room issues. I had two rooms during my stay. Both had lamp shades that needed to be replaced (obvious - shouldn't be missed by housekeeping / maintenance).

Note: King rooms have shower only - no bath tubs. Apparently, this is some type of policy from HGI Corporate. I'm not a fan. I want a tub, not just a shower (personal preference here).

Location: Not close to anything in terms of walking distance. Very much a suburban Austin experience.

This hotel want to charge you now for "enhanced" WiFi access. Not clear what that will actually get you ($4.95 per DAY). There is a "basic" access for free. I'm using my own MiFi from Verizon, so I can't provide any feedback as to quality of either offering.

Ever since Blackrock bought Hilton things just aren't the same. Isn't it enough I'm paying $170 a night for the room? This development, along with the King shower only mandate has permiited me to conclude this was my last stay at a Hilton. I'm going to Courtyard from now on.

Room Tip: King - Shower Only Double Queen - Shower/Tub Odd Numbered Room face Freeway.
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that your stay was not as expected from the Hilton Garden Inn. We certainly appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that you have chosen to stay elsewhere. If you would like to talk more about your experience, please fill free to contact me at the hotel- 512-339-3626. We would love to win back your loyalty. Thank you again for your review.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Your hotel was a pleasure to stay and work in. Alli has to be one the best front desk personnel that I have had the pleasure of working with. We stay in 4 Hiltons a week all across the country. The location is not easy to find. GPS has trouble finding the location which doesn't help us get our customers in the door.

• 5 of 5 stars
Mark, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We enjoy hosting your meetings and are thrilled that you think Alli is one of the "best front desk personnel". We have shared your comments with the team and are looking forward to your next meeting. I apologize that the GPS has a difficult time finding us. I have learned that if you spell out "Interstate Highway 35" instead of our posted address, "IH-35", most of the time, the GPS will be able to locate the address. Thank you again for writing a review. We will see you soon!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here on business. They were great. I had meetings with some senior executives and had to print some material for the meeting. I called the front desk and asked about the business center and if they had a color printer, they didn't. Fortunately, I was not too surprised and asked where there was a Kinkos, the front desk manager, Jeff, said he's call me back wiht the address and directions. When he called back, their internet was down and he couldn't get me the information. He never even paused before he said that since he couldn't get the information but he knew where Kinkos was, he would take my jump drive and go to Kinkos for me and get my infomation printed. AND HE DID!! He was back in an hour or so with all of my documents. I was running late to my meeting and didn't have timne to stop for lunch so Ashley got me some fruit and peanut butte and a muffin so I could get to my meeting with some food on board. I'll stay here every time I'm in Austin now, Jeff and all of the staff here really know customer service. Steve and JD in the restaurant, Jeff, Tyree, Ashley, and Allie at the front desk. Across the board, all very friendly and service oriented. I travel a lot and their service was much appreciated. And of course all of the usual amenities you expect from a good hotel were just fine. A great omelet for breakfast too! KEEP U THE GOOD WORK, GUYS!

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate your kind words. It is good to know that our entire team delivered the service you deserve when visiting the Hilton Garden Inn. We strive to make every stay an excellent one and always want our guests to want to return. We are looking forward to your next visit and appreciate your loyalty!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent and very clean facility and they have QUEEN beds unlike the Hiltons in the Atrium area with the undesirable double beds. Great made to order breakfast too with good variety of choices and good fruit too. Staff was very courteous late at night and the following morning. Rooms are fairly good size and properly prepared upon our arrival. Bathroom was very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We definitely appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know that you found your room clean and spacious and you were able to take advantage of our full, cooked-to-order breakfast. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

this was the best Hilton in ATX area. I will absolutely be back time and time again. The staff is awesome! the food is amazing. The Bar is perfectly stocked and the rooms are clean, quiet and spacious!

Room Tip: must visit the hotel bar. spend the extra for the suite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Racktravler
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I am thrilled to know you consider us "the best Hilton in the ATX area"! We think you are pretty awesome as well! I am glad our team took good care of you and we definitely look forward to your next trip! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located next to interstate, one of the handful of hotels along the same stretch. There is a mall across the interstate, and the Chinatown is fairly close by along the road behind the hotel. So, location wise it is not too bad, not too far from Austin downtown too.

The only hiccup is, the staff at the cafe seem more interested in watching the TV than serving guest. I had to get coffee on my own. The made to order breakfast is a nice idea, but having egg based made to order breakfast everyday is a little too much for someone who stay for a period. Good thing I only stay 3 nights, but being on the road for 10 days in different Hiltons, I have enough of eggs.

There is a quiet lake behind the hotel, good to take a quick workout outdoors. Self service laundry is conveniently located next to the lift on level 1.

Room amenities need to be improved, as no soap was provided throughout my stay... Not even on day 1.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are continuosly striving to make every experience an excellent one and the voice of our guests are our best resource. I apologize that you had to get your own coffee. I have followed up with our team ensuring we are taking care of the guests and not watching television. I also apologize that you were not provided with soap during your stay. This is a routine amenity expected to be in every room every day. It is good to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and the nice running trail located in our back yard. Thank you again for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip!