“Mark with Aston Marketing Group.”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
Ranked #40 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Mark with Aston Marketing Group.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Your hotel was a pleasure to stay and work in. Alli has to be one the best front desk personnel that I have had the pleasure of working with. We stay in 4 Hiltons a week all across the country. The location is not easy to find. GPS has trouble finding the location which doesn't help us get our customers in the door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Mark, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We enjoy hosting your meetings and are thrilled that you think Alli is one of the "best front desk personnel". We have shared your comments with the team and are looking forward to your next meeting. I apologize that the GPS has a difficult time finding us. I have learned that if you spell out "Interstate Highway 35" instead of our posted address, "IH-35", most of the time, the GPS will be able to locate the address. Thank you again for writing a review. We will see you soon!

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed here on business. They were great. I had meetings with some senior executives and had to print some material for the meeting. I called the front desk and asked about the business center and if they had a color printer, they didn't. Fortunately, I was not too surprised and asked where there was a Kinkos, the front desk manager, Jeff, said he's call me back wiht the address and directions. When he called back, their internet was down and he couldn't get me the information. He never even paused before he said that since he couldn't get the information but he knew where Kinkos was, he would take my jump drive and go to Kinkos for me and get my infomation printed. AND HE DID!! He was back in an hour or so with all of my documents. I was running late to my meeting and didn't have timne to stop for lunch so Ashley got me some fruit and peanut butte and a muffin so I could get to my meeting with some food on board. I'll stay here every time I'm in Austin now, Jeff and all of the staff here really know customer service. Steve and JD in the restaurant, Jeff, Tyree, Ashley, and Allie at the front desk. Across the board, all very friendly and service oriented. I travel a lot and their service was much appreciated. And of course all of the usual amenities you expect from a good hotel were just fine. A great omelet for breakfast too! KEEP U THE GOOD WORK, GUYS!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate your kind words. It is good to know that our entire team delivered the service you deserve when visiting the Hilton Garden Inn. We strive to make every stay an excellent one and always want our guests to want to return. We are looking forward to your next visit and appreciate your loyalty!

Dallas
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent and very clean facility and they have QUEEN beds unlike the Hiltons in the Atrium area with the undesirable double beds. Great made to order breakfast too with good variety of choices and good fruit too. Staff was very courteous late at night and the following morning. Rooms are fairly good size and properly prepared upon our arrival. Bathroom was very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We definitely appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know that you found your room clean and spacious and you were able to take advantage of our full, cooked-to-order breakfast. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

this was the best Hilton in ATX area. I will absolutely be back time and time again. The staff is awesome! the food is amazing. The Bar is perfectly stocked and the rooms are clean, quiet and spacious!

Room Tip: must visit the hotel bar. spend the extra for the suite
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Racktravler
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! I am thrilled to know you consider us "the best Hilton in the ATX area"! We think you are pretty awesome as well! I am glad our team took good care of you and we definitely look forward to your next trip! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is located next to interstate, one of the handful of hotels along the same stretch. There is a mall across the interstate, and the Chinatown is fairly close by along the road behind the hotel. So, location wise it is not too bad, not too far from Austin downtown too.

The only hiccup is, the staff at the cafe seem more interested in watching the TV than serving guest. I had to get coffee on my own. The made to order breakfast is a nice idea, but having egg based made to order breakfast everyday is a little too much for someone who stay for a period. Good thing I only stay 3 nights, but being on the road for 10 days in different Hiltons, I have enough of eggs.

There is a quiet lake behind the hotel, good to take a quick workout outdoors. Self service laundry is conveniently located next to the lift on level 1.

Room amenities need to be improved, as no soap was provided throughout my stay... Not even on day 1.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are continuosly striving to make every experience an excellent one and the voice of our guests are our best resource. I apologize that you had to get your own coffee. I have followed up with our team ensuring we are taking care of the guests and not watching television. I also apologize that you were not provided with soap during your stay. This is a routine amenity expected to be in every room every day. It is good to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and the nice running trail located in our back yard. Thank you again for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel clean and well decorated. The staff were very helpful and the beds comfortable. There are lots of malls and strips near by, so it is easy to find so eh we're to eat and shop.

Room Tip: Nice at back of hotel overlooking the jogging track.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We are happy that you found our hotel clean and well decorated. It is also great to know that our staff was helpful and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Orlando
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree just south of here (6505 IH 35) for one night and had a terrible experience from a service perspective. I then checked in to this HGI and everything was wonderful from the hassle free early check-in, to the hassle free late check-out. I didn't get a chance to get everyone's name but one employee that really stood out was Tabitha at the front desk. She was great and I would hire her in a second.

Also, the location was ideal. It's right off of I35 so getting around was a breeze and there are lots of great restaurants in the area. To the guest that thinks this is a "Sketchy neighborhood," it's not at all, you just have bad luck. Something like that could happen anywhere, at any business.

The letter in my room recognizing me as a Hilton Honors member was a nice touch as well!

When I travel to Austin, this will be the location I stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for the great review! It is good to know that my team provided you with the service you expect when visiting Austin. I have shared your comments with team and Tabitha, who were thrilled to know you had such a great stay! We definitely enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!