“Great Place to Stay in Austin”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
Ranked #38 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent and very clean facility and they have QUEEN beds unlike the Hiltons in the Atrium area with the undesirable double beds. Great made to order breakfast too with good variety of choices and good fruit too. Staff was very courteous late at night and the following morning. Rooms are fairly good size and properly prepared upon our arrival. Bathroom was very clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We definitely appreciate your feedback. We are happy to know that you found your room clean and spacious and you were able to take advantage of our full, cooked-to-order breakfast. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

this was the best Hilton in ATX area. I will absolutely be back time and time again. The staff is awesome! the food is amazing. The Bar is perfectly stocked and the rooms are clean, quiet and spacious!

Room Tip: must visit the hotel bar. spend the extra for the suite
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Racktravler
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your kind words! I am thrilled to know you consider us "the best Hilton in the ATX area"! We think you are pretty awesome as well! I am glad our team took good care of you and we definitely look forward to your next trip! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Hotel is located next to interstate, one of the handful of hotels along the same stretch. There is a mall across the interstate, and the Chinatown is fairly close by along the road behind the hotel. So, location wise it is not too bad, not too far from Austin downtown too.

The only hiccup is, the staff at the cafe seem more interested in watching the TV than serving guest. I had to get coffee on my own. The made to order breakfast is a nice idea, but having egg based made to order breakfast everyday is a little too much for someone who stay for a period. Good thing I only stay 3 nights, but being on the road for 10 days in different Hiltons, I have enough of eggs.

There is a quiet lake behind the hotel, good to take a quick workout outdoors. Self service laundry is conveniently located next to the lift on level 1.

Room amenities need to be improved, as no soap was provided throughout my stay... Not even on day 1.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are continuosly striving to make every experience an excellent one and the voice of our guests are our best resource. I apologize that you had to get your own coffee. I have followed up with our team ensuring we are taking care of the guests and not watching television. I also apologize that you were not provided with soap during your stay. This is a routine amenity expected to be in every room every day. It is good to know you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and the nice running trail located in our back yard. Thank you again for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel clean and well decorated. The staff were very helpful and the beds comfortable. There are lots of malls and strips near by, so it is easy to find so eh we're to eat and shop.

Room Tip: Nice at back of hotel overlooking the jogging track.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you found our hotel clean and well decorated. It is also great to know that our staff was helpful and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree just south of here (6505 IH 35) for one night and had a terrible experience from a service perspective. I then checked in to this HGI and everything was wonderful from the hassle free early check-in, to the hassle free late check-out. I didn't get a chance to get everyone's name but one employee that really stood out was Tabitha at the front desk. She was great and I would hire her in a second.

Also, the location was ideal. It's right off of I35 so getting around was a breeze and there are lots of great restaurants in the area. To the guest that thinks this is a "Sketchy neighborhood," it's not at all, you just have bad luck. Something like that could happen anywhere, at any business.

The letter in my room recognizing me as a Hilton Honors member was a nice touch as well!

When I travel to Austin, this will be the location I stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for the great review! It is good to know that my team provided you with the service you expect when visiting Austin. I have shared your comments with team and Tabitha, who were thrilled to know you had such a great stay! We definitely enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago and it is a typical, consistent HGI. No complaints there. I stayed one night and to my surprise, my truck the window smashed out and everything taken. OK, so I realize that could happen anywhere.

Fast forward to this week, I had a reservation at this hotel again. As I pull into the parking lot, to my surprise, a glass company van is in the parking lot making window repair to a truck. I approached the guy and asked if the truck had been broken into and he said yes - it was one of two.

I walked in and cancelled my reservation and went down the road to another hotel. The management of this hotel has a problem on their hands and I believe they need to hire some security.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Matt B
Property11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You can imagine our surprise when we walked the property the morning of your arrival and found that two vehicles had been broken into. It is not a common occurrence for a break in to take place. I can assure you that we have management walk and drive the property several times a day to ensure standards and safety are met. We were proactive by contacting the glass company and arranging for repairs while our guest were able to conduct their business with minimal delays.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Room were great, the staff was exceptional and the breakfast was remarkable and cooked to order. The WIFI was quick and fast and delivery options from other restaurants was great they new the place without a problem. The cookies down stairs are cooked to order and free and its a great greeting when coming from a long flight! Love this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

...and we love having you!! Thank you for the review! I am glad that my team was able to provide exceptional service and that you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary WIFI as well as our Cooked to Order Breakfast. We will be sure to have fresh cookies for your next visit as well!