“Nice hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin North
Ranked #43 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel clean and well decorated. The staff were very helpful and the beds comfortable. There are lots of malls and strips near by, so it is easy to find so eh we're to eat and shop.

Room Tip: Nice at back of hotel overlooking the jogging track.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for your review! We are happy that you found our hotel clean and well decorated. It is also great to know that our staff was helpful and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree just south of here (6505 IH 35) for one night and had a terrible experience from a service perspective. I then checked in to this HGI and everything was wonderful from the hassle free early check-in, to the hassle free late check-out. I didn't get a chance to get everyone's name but one employee that really stood out was Tabitha at the front desk. She was great and I would hire her in a second.

Also, the location was ideal. It's right off of I35 so getting around was a breeze and there are lots of great restaurants in the area. To the guest that thinks this is a "Sketchy neighborhood," it's not at all, you just have bad luck. Something like that could happen anywhere, at any business.

The letter in my room recognizing me as a Hilton Honors member was a nice touch as well!

When I travel to Austin, this will be the location I stay at.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you for the great review! It is good to know that my team provided you with the service you expect when visiting Austin. I have shared your comments with team and Tabitha, who were thrilled to know you had such a great stay! We definitely enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

I had stayed at this hotel about 4 years ago and it is a typical, consistent HGI. No complaints there. I stayed one night and to my surprise, my truck the window smashed out and everything taken. OK, so I realize that could happen anywhere.

Fast forward to this week, I had a reservation at this hotel again. As I pull into the parking lot, to my surprise, a glass company van is in the parking lot making window repair to a truck. I approached the guy and asked if the truck had been broken into and he said yes - it was one of two.

I walked in and cancelled my reservation and went down the road to another hotel. The management of this hotel has a problem on their hands and I believe they need to hire some security.

3  Thank Matt B
Property11, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You can imagine our surprise when we walked the property the morning of your arrival and found that two vehicles had been broken into. It is not a common occurrence for a break in to take place. I can assure you that we have management walk and drive the property several times a day to ensure standards and safety are met. We were proactive by contacting the glass company and arranging for repairs while our guest were able to conduct their business with minimal delays.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Room were great, the staff was exceptional and the breakfast was remarkable and cooked to order. The WIFI was quick and fast and delivery options from other restaurants was great they new the place without a problem. The cookies down stairs are cooked to order and free and its a great greeting when coming from a long flight! Love this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

...and we love having you!! Thank you for the review! I am glad that my team was able to provide exceptional service and that you were able to take advantage of our Complimentary WIFI as well as our Cooked to Order Breakfast. We will be sure to have fresh cookies for your next visit as well!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just completed a business trip to Austin and staying at this HGI. Clean quiet rooms, attentive staff, good breakfast, business center. Just what I expect when I choose to stay at HGI. If you stay there, it is a bit hard to find due to location on Frontage Road.

Room Tip: Although it fronts I35, I didn't hear the interstate at all. Might want to request a room not f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your comments! It is good to know that we are able to provide the quality you come to expect from Hilton Garden Inn. We hope that you will stay again and give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations. Thank you again for your review. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband & I stayed in town this past weekend for Tough Mudder. The hotel was very clean & well kept. The receptionist, however, was probably the best part of our stay. She was extremely friendly & accommodating. We asked for dinner suggestions both nights & she gave us excellent choices. My only complaint would be that she give customers a heads up on the price - because one of the restaurants she sent us to was somewhat expensive. But, the food was fantastic & the atmosphere was perfect so ultimately, we were thankful for the suggestion. Great stay & we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments! The weekend of the Tough Mudder was definitely a fun one and I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of some of Austin's best restaurants while you were in town. You are correct, we should consider prices when offering recommendations in the future. We are always looking for ways to improve and thank you for the advise! We enjoyed having you and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I stayed at the HGI on the recommendation of a colleague. Also, it is one of my company's approved hotels for travel. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Pros:
1. Very courteous staff. They called me by name on the second day. Always greeted me when I arrived, and were very accommodating;
2. The hotel offers a 'breakfast made to order'...essentially, you can order whatever you like for a hot breakfast. I always had egg white omelets and they were consistently very good. They also have a variety of juices, yogurts and wonderful FRESH FRUIT (pineapple, water melon, cantaloupe, etc.);
3. They have fresh baked cookies, coffee and fresh fruit in the afternoons;
4. The room service staff was very efficient and polite;
5. LOCATION - if you have a 24 Hour Fitness membership, they have one literally next door and it is hardly busy, EVEN DURING PEAK HOURS. Additionally, the staff there are exceptionally friendly. I recommend JT for a personal training session. He is awesome! Also, across the freeway, you have a variety of restaurants as well as grocery stores.

Cons:
1. The "pool" is extremely small and located right next to the entry. So, you really are on display. Additionally, it didn't appear to be very clean;
2. The maid consistently forgot to leave hand/bath soap, so I was constantly having to ask for soap;
3. The last couple of days, I noticed ants in the bathroom. It wasn't like an infestation, but it was bothersome;
4. I was on the non-freeway side of the hotel, but still could hear considerable noise;
5. The hall light comes in under the door, so I placed a towel there each night.

I am returning for work this upcoming week and planning on staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the non-freeway side are much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Property11, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin North, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for your comments! I am glad that our team was able to provide an experience to remember. It is also good to know that you were able to take advantage of our Cooked To Order breakfast as well as our convenient location, directly next to 24 Hour Fitness. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our pool. I have shared your comments with our Maintenance team to ensure the pool always looks it's best. I have also followed up with our Housekeeping department about amenities left during routine cleaning. We are always looking for ways to improve and definitely appreciate first hand information from our guests. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to your next visit!