You stay at a chain hotel because you’re not a gambler, and chains should have a minimum standard of expectations. At an HGI (and at $120+pernight in Austin), those expectations should reasonably include:
• The possibility of a AAA discount
• Your room being ready when you arrive at 3PM (especially when you’re a Gold Hilton Honors member)
• Not having to ask for your complimentary bottles of water on check-in
• A soap dish in your bathroom
• A functioning alarm clock
• Keeping your coffee cup full at breakfast
• The evening desk clerk and the bartender not having to be the same person
• Not having the bartender confiding to me that he knew who I worked for (Creepy!)
I’ve stayed here several times in the past, and have seen some of the above symptoms before, but I got the full gamut this time, and won’t be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Austin North hotel is located 8 miles north of downtown Austin, offering close proximity to the Texas State Capitol, downtown entertainment district, and University of Texas. Guest rooms offer a refrigerator, microwave, adjustable Garden Sleep System beds, complimentary Wi-Fi, and 32" TV. We also feature an outdoor swimming pool, fitness room, and on-site dining and full service bar at The Garden Grille. Our renovated meeting rooms can accommodate up to 100 people and is the ideal choice for your next event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Austin North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Austin North Hotel Austin