“A Loft Experience in Austin”

aloft Austin at the Domain
Ranked #83 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel in the Domain area of Austin is a unique loft experience. It takes the traditional hotel stay and twists it so that it is now a loft type room. Personally, this is not my type of room but overall the hotel was very welcoming and accommodating to this typical weary business traveler. The staff goes above and beyond to make all guests feel at home. The lobby / bar area is very “hip.” I guess at my age it is kind of lost on me. However, I am sure there are many other guests who really love the vibe. I just prefer a more traditional type of hotel and I know that is a personal preference and therefore no reflection on the hotel. I know that in the future if I am in Austin I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room above the bar located outside of the property. The bar can get very load at n...

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for 1 sat night while in town for an event. Checkin and parking were very easy and loved how dog friendly the place was. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable enough for 4 adults and the dog. Shower was amazing and beds were much more comfy than any suite type hotel we could have chosen. Only complaint was that the "nightclub" downstairs got packed and since we were on the 2nd floors music was loud. We thought it looked further out of town but honestly only a 10-15 min drive from east 6th street where our event was. Would definately stay again!

• Stayed: October 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Rebecca H,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive sentiments about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable beds and dog friendly accommodations. We hope to welcome you and your furry friend back very soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights on a business trip. Modern design with nice reception area, comfortable and good size rooms, relaxing bar and well equipped gym. It felt compact in that nothing was that far from the lobby area. The breakfast offering is OK if you want a light breakfast but wasn't for me so I walked down to the Westin a block away for a cooked breakfast. The A/C is very noisy (I was on the second floor - can't speak for other floors) and my colleagues said the bar next door was very noisy at the weekend so my room tip is to get a room at the other end of the hotel from the bar next door. The staff were universally very pleasant and helpful and the hotel had a relaxed feel which I liked.

Room Tip: See above - ask for a "quiet room" - the staff will know what you mean...

Dear Chris P,
Thanks for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We're pleased to hear you found our hotel to be convenient to nearby attractions and that you enjoyed the atmosphere. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very cool hotel, located in the "Domain" off Mopac (TX Highway 1) with easy access to everything Austin style. It's not downtown, but is only 20 mins away in a car if you need to visit. The Domain has everything you need from shops to restaurants, bars to gyms.

The hotel is great, staff friendly, efficient and keen to please. Hotel has a pool, gym, bar, snack shop.

Rooms are large, and in the same floorplan as every other 'aloft' I've stayed at. Everything you need in one trendy little package.

I love this chain. Still with the hip'ness of it's bigger brother the 'W' but slightly less pretentious and with a lower cost attached. Of course I still love the W, that's a given, but the 'aloft' group is always 2nd on the list.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. Try not to get a room directly over the outside bar though as it's VERY...

Dear jandrewsesq,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and our hotel accommodations and we hope to see you back very soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

First time to try the aloft concept. The lobby areas are very cool and inviting and the rooms look great at first glance. However, the A/C was too loud and the room was never comfortable. I will give the concept another try and hope for a better experience.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property like al the a lofts is a trendy loft style property located in the center of a great shopping area including many of the high end boutiques. The area is also rich in restaurants. The hotel was clean and quiet, just what we needed. The views are ok but its suburbia so not fabulous. We have a great time

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Charles V,
Thanks for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here only one night, but it was to just unwind from our flight in. I needed to return something at Zara, so this hotel provided what we needed. It is your standard business hotel - nothing more, nothing less. The location is great if you need to do shopping since it is a part of a big outdoor mall. Also, visit TopGolf if you enjoy driving ranges.

Stayed: October 2013