The hotel is one of two in the Domain area (other being Westin). I didn't realize it until after I checked in, but apparently all aloft hotels look pretty much the same. That is, a room in the aloft Beijing looks pretty much the same as a room here in Austin.
Biggest gripe was that the towels in the room were dirty. Don't bother trying to seek recourse via their Twitter account. They pretend like they're there, but it's mostly scheduled tweets. Other pros/cons:
- AC makes the room very cold when it's on, and the room is hot when it's off. It's also very loud.
- Parking lot isn't right next to the hotel. You have to park across the street and lug your stuff over.
- No HBO -- they have Showtime, but no HBO.
- Water pressure in the shower is really weak.
- Toilet's flush is VERY loud. Not so great when you have a sleeping toddler in the room.
- Bed/pillows aren't that comfortable.
- Plenty of outlets.
- Location at the Domain mall is convenient. Also very close to the highway, making it about a 10 minute drive to downtown.
- There is a bar downstairs that looks pretty popular.
I wouldn't mind coming back here, but maybe I'll try the Westin next time. That said, not a bad choice for Austin at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Aloft Austin, located at The Domain, which is known as the second downtown in Austin. You'll find some of the best shopping, dining and entertainment at our doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your aloft Austin at the Domain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Austin At The Domain Hotel Austin