“NexGen Style of Accommodation”

aloft Austin at the Domain
Ranked #82 of 201 Hotels in Austin
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We regularly use Best Western Inns as our go to place for accommodations away from home. But with all the buzz about ALOFT in WIRED, we decided to give it a try for a one day get away. We were impressed! From the moment we checked in we felt like valued guests. Our room, while appearing small, was organized to optimize the space. This made it feel comfortable. Everything in the room, from bedroom to bath, was modern and functional. And, right there in the magazine rack in the bathroom was a current issue of WIRED!! The king size bed was comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the towels were super soft, not rough from numerous washings. Checkout was a breeze. Turned in the key card and the desk clerk emailed the hotel receipt; no paper involved! There was just one minor drawback during our stay. Our room was on the sixth floor and there was notice of construction on-going at the hotel. While I didn’t hear any construction noise, there was a constant exhaust fan noise from the bathroom. I looked everywhere for an off switch but could not locate one. Anyway, it was a highly pleasant stay and will consider ALOFT again while traveling.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear STEVEN D,
Thanks for taking the time to share such positive feedback about our hotel with us. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed our unique hotel and decided to stay with us on your most recent visit. We're also glad you found our staff to be welcoming and enjoyed all the extra perks in your guest room. We apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced due to the vent fan in your room though, I have made a note of this to the hotel management team so we may look into the issue further. We hope you will once again stay with us on your next visit to Austin!

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I was really excited to stay here
I've heard aloft hotels are great but.....
I am disappointed :(
The good: the bed was very comfortable and clean and the white linens were nice
The sink kohler tech.
I liked the sliding door/full length mirror to separate the shower/toilet from sink area.
There is a visible safe one can easily find.
Yum 2 bottles of complimentary water! And the room size is pleasant.
TV is nice. So is a cute retro analog clock.
I am NOT impressed with:
The drab carpet- I've become accustomed to indigos wood composite floors. The walls here, are drab too
The ahem closet is a Formica cubicle with a rod and you guessed it --- a DRAB piece of wool to pull across the "closet" to "close" it.
Shampoo mixed with conditioner is a dispenser doesn't work for me despite being bliss.
No shower cap either
A tiny
MR coffee with coffee mate - which is NOT healthy to use :(
No robes or slippers :(
So
If this is indicative of all aloft hotels
The given the choice
I'd stick with the happier indigo
IMHO
Just sayin.......

• Stayed: June 2013
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear thegetawaygurl,
Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with us. While we are pleased to hear you enjoyed certain aspect of our hotel and hotel accommodations, we apologize for any features or areas you were not satisfied with. We appreciate your comments so we may use this information as a means to improve in the future and hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights for business travel. Very new and trendy style hotel. Close to dining (walking distance), shopping, and interstates. Rooms are modern, clean, and plenty of space. Good stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JTM_FSU
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear JTM_FSU,
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback on our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear of your satisfaction during your stay and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed two nights over a weekend while the kids were at the grandparents'. This was a sort of staycation, as I work close by, but it was lovely! The staff took great care of us and even provided complimentary beer and snacks to my husband in the room when we checked in. We were recognized and remembered by the front desk staff during our stay. Definitely recommended and we'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cat2102
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear cat2102,
Thanks for sharing your experience of our hotel with us. We're pleased to hear you found out staff to be so friendly and helpful as this is very important at Aloft. We hope when you come back to Austin you will once again stay with us!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for a few weeks on business. The hotel is very modern, the staff is very friendly, the location was great (for me), it's close to a high end mall and it had all the amenities a hotel should have (internet, bar, snakes, etc.).

The rooms were a bit small but very clean and modern. This is aLoft so you will not have certain services their larger hotel brands have like valet parking, bell service, etc.

Overall I was really happy with my stay.

Chris

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear ChrisChris79,
Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you appreciated our modern style but also felt comfortable at our hotel. It's also great to hear you found our location to be extremely convenient to the Austin area. We hope to see you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think I've decided that I'm more of a tranditionalist when it comes to hotels. I like plushy and elegant and less modern. That being said, aloft was a decent hotel, a great location, and the staff was extremely friendly. My only complaint is the lack of signage. I had to ask where to find ice, which was two floors down. When I got to the floor, no signs to point me in the right direction. Same when we tried to find the clothes dryer to dry our beach towels. Luckily I speak Spanish, so no problem with talking to the cleaning staff that pointed me in the right direction when I looked lost, walking around. Gym is well equipped and new. Entire pool is only 3 ft. deep? But it's not really for kids, more like so drinking adults don't drown. Sunday mimosas at the Park, which is a restaurant/bar right by aloft is a rowdy all day party. Hallways are a little noisy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mel_Garber, Starwood Hotels at aloft Austin at the Domain, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear TouristaDeTejas,
Thanks for sharing your feedback on our hotel and for being a loyal SPG member. We value your feedback greatly and are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first stay at Aloft and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. We hope you will consider staying with us again o your next visit to Austin.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the second time to stay at the aLoft. I stayed there once with the first opened and again last week. The hotel is a bit quirkily and definitely modern. Those wishing for a traditional hotel experience, such as room service, bell service, valet parking, etc. should not stay here. However, if you’re looking for a nice, quiet room in a hotel with courteous and professional staff in an excellent location, the aLoft is for you. The location is in the Domain area of Austin, a relatively newish upscale development with several nice restaurants and shops. While the restaurants are not of the same caliber you’d find downtown, they are mostly independent and serve excellent food (no Chilies or Applebee’s here). The shops range from casual such as JCrew to Niemen’s. Back to the hotel, for me a quiet and comfortable room is a must, and in the regard, aLoft shines. The room was cold, blankets warm and the noise non-existent.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business