“Loft Style Hotel”

Ranked #75 of 203 Hotels in Austin
TX
“Loft Style Hotel”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was very open and very contemporary in the loft style. A frosted window lets light in the shower from the room, a wool blanket is used to cover the closet. The desk is integrated into a bench into another table across the far end of the room with two windows instead of just one.

The one negative is that I heard the elevator mechanics all night long - and I wasn't near the elevator. In fact, I was in Room 203, almost to the end of the building and across the hall from the elevators in the center of the building. Evidently all that concrete set up a conductor system for that noise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Loft at Domain over the weekend. We found it to be excellent.
The front desk staff were so helpful.
We were in town for a funeral and needed to be in several different areas of Austin.So needed help with our GPS and maps.
Greg,Will,Travis, Mich
Everyone was so helpful,they went out of their way.

Stayed September 2012
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I"m a Marriott fan, but this was a nice change of pace... From inside to out, it was nice being out of the corporate structure. It was a bit noisy when I checked in. But the process was fast. the woman who checked me in gave me a nice overview of the hotel .

I liked the decor of the room, the bed was a little low for this overweight baby boomer, but I slept well. The location was okay, Austin is one of my favorite town and the front desk was knowledgeable.... The demographics in my opinion is narrow, older people, may need the corporate look, and I'm not sure this is a place for young families... But I loved it.... It was a nice change.... and I will return... and my wifi was a snap.... dare I say it Holla!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
texas
Reviewed September 20, 2012

this is a very modern hotel; beds are super comfy;room was very clean; showers were nice; super bar in lobby; pool was nice after a day of shopping; they have a golf cart shuttle to take or pick up at the shopping center if you can't walk anymore:)they even had water dish and treats for your dog! Austin is super pet friendly always !
the shopping was spectacular! lots of shopping; eating, bars, and local musicians playing at night; the Cake Ball kitchen had the best food and drinlks and cake balls to die for !! it's a must !

Room Tip: everything was pretty quiet:)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Recent my husband and I traveled to Austin to visit our daughter who goes to UT. Our daughter also has a job at an adorable store in the shopping mall called The Domain. We decided to stay close to the Domain which landed us at The Aloft. Not Only was the Alift the perfect location, the accommodations and service can't be beat. The hotel
Is ergonomic and green. We decided to try to be green also and opted not to have our sheets changed everyday. By doing this we received a small perk. A $5 certificate to be used in the refreshment area. Coffee of course is free so we used our $5 for delicious muffins and some fruit. Something we would have purchased anyway. The rooms are very comfortable. Every staff member we encountered was not only friendly but engaging. We will go back every time we are in Austin.

• Stayed September 2012
Hinsdale, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times and they never disappoint. Clean rooms, modern amenities and a super friendly staff that is eager to please. The Domain has a lot going for it and downtown Austin is just a short trip down Mopac. Wifi connection was a snap and worked great. Aloft Domain is a perfect example of what makes the Aloft line such a great concept.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

i stayed at the aLoft the last week of August and wasn't exaclty impressed. I had trouble connecting the the WIFI network on both my laptop and iPad. After half an hour on line with tech support, I was essentially called stupid by the tech. I've stayed at numerous hotels in the past month and this is the only one that didn't work. I was happy that the front desk did their best to make it up to me. If you've never stayed at an aLoft, it is a normally a nice trendy hotel. I didn't get a chance to go to the bar adjacent, but will on my next trip. Due to the front desk staff, I have decided to stay again on my next trip to Austin and give the aLoft another try.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business