“Really nice”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Really nice”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here. The kitchen is better stocked with pots, pans, utensils, glasses,etc than most places. Everything was clean and comfortable. The bed was really great, as it usually is at all Hyatt places. Having the bedroom separated from the rest of the room turned out to be very handy, as my friend and his wife needed a place to stay one night, so I gave them the bedroom so that they could have privacy. It's conveniently located with TONS of shopping all around, and there is a great Whole Foods just down the road. I picked up food there several times and used the kitchen to make meals. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KManTraveling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I just got back from staying at this hotel only to come home, thinking I had a rash from the detergent at the hotel when my wife informed me I had bed bug bites all up and down my arms and on my shoulders. I am completely disgusted. Not only that I had things crawling and feeding on me while I slept, but Hyatt still hasn't responded to my concern when I emailed them 3 days ago. I know hotels can't help who stays there and if that person brings bugs along with them, but they can employ good cleaning techniques to make sure they aren't hiding under the mattresses.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank PrabhuTA
Hyatt1234, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure that every cutomer leaves satisfied. I apologize for no response as I am the new General Manager and would love to hear from you.

Brian Long
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and 10 year old stayed at this hotel the weekend of the 4th of July. The staff was amazing, from the front desk to the staff out on the grounds. It was very clean, and well maintained. The beds (as in most Hyatt's we have stayed in) were very comfy. Our 10 year old slept on the pull out couch and said it was very comfy...as evidenced by her sleeping very late each morning!

The breakfast provided had plenty of variety each day from breakfast meats & eggs to waffles, french toast, bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit, cereal, etc.

The kitchen was well stocked with all one would need to prepare meals if you chose to.

Previous reviewers complained about the pool size. This is not a resort, but more of an extended stay type of accommodation. The pool is not resort size, but we felt even on a long holiday weekend met the needs of the guests.

There is plenty of shopping of all varieties close by. Although I wouldn't recommend walking to most, you can walk to a nearby Whole Foods as well as some restarants and small shops if you are up to a short walk on a busy street.

We absolutely would (and probably will) stay at this Summerfield again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MzPrissAZ
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 24, 2010

nice cozy suites for single/couples traveling for long durations.. nice small kitchen with all the basic amenities.. less options in breakfast but provides snacks in evening as well.. pool is for kids.. free wifi is added advantage..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank forpriyank
Chicago, IL
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Good place to stay for business near to intersection of highways 183, 1, and 360. Huge room includes living area, sleeping area, walk-in closet, kitchen, 32-inch TV. Relatively quiet location, close to some shopping and restaurants. Friendly staff. Excellent breakfast. Evening socials (free beer/wine and snack bar). I liked that place very much and recommend it to everyone staying on business at that area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Great place to stay if your visiting/working in the northwest side of town. Easy access to both MOPAC and 183 and an easy 20 minute drive to the airport. Located in the middle of a wide variety of shopping and restaurants: Arboretum and the Domain are minutes away.

The suites are clean and comfortable, with a nice 32in flat screen and roomy closet.

Breakfast, which was quite tasty, was included: eggs, bacon, sausages, waffles, etc. There's also a happy hour type spread with free fingerfood, which I didnt indulge in, because I was boozing it up at a microbrewery across the street.

The staff was very helpul and friendly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank elguapo_8
Murrieta
Reviewed October 20, 2009

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield for two nights while attending a friend's wedding. I was pleased with this hotel, the studio suite I reserved was large and easily fit myself and three other travelers with room to move around. The room was very clean. The kitchen had everything we needed and we were pleased that the room included an extra vanity area with sink and electrical sockets (perfect for a group of women!). Lots of closet space, extra storage areas, and comfortable beds were also appreciated. We also had a large tv and a dvd player. The color scheme in the room and the rest of the hotel was very nice and the resulting atmosphere was relaxing. The breakfast was good each morning with plenty of selections, and the other travelers were pleasant (I had heard some other extended stay style places in Austin had questionable characters living in the hotel - some other guests experienced that at their hotels but it was definately not the case here). Parking was convenient and the buildings were accessible through a few entrances which made getting in and out easy. Friendly staff rounded out the whole experience. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends