“Great stay”

HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
Ranked #31 of 205 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was travelling for business and stayed here on the recommendation of Trip Advisor. Wasn't let down. Nice clean and comfortable rooms, friendly service. My TV wasn't working and whilst I was out they fixed it and left a note saying I hoped all was ask. Would recommend if you're ever visiting Austin.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bheintz, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay to include the service provided by our associates as it is our goal to provide "Authentic Hospitality". Your positive feedback will be shared with the team as it is through positive reinforcement that we continue to grow. I look forward for your return visit to our hotel when traveling to Austin in the future.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We are very familiar with the Austin area since we go multiple times a year. We usually stay in the downtown area but this time we needed a hotel near the Eddie V's at Arboretum for a family gathering. This place was just amazing! I don't think I have ever experienced the comfort of a hotel like this place did. The concierge was very nice and professional, wish I remembered her name. Our room was spacious, clean, had a fully equipped kitchen, had a separate vanity area (which was good since we were three people in that room. One could just use the bathroom vanity), and had a sofa. I simply just loved it.

The pictures I took are not that great, but still wanted to share. Excuse the people that show.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building B on the third floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a memorable experience and I am happy to see the your experience was "Wonderful" and "Amazing". Your positive feedback will be shared with the team and certainly goes a long way in ensuring we continue to move forward and provide Authentic Hospitality for all of our future guests. We look forward to your return to the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is an older property, but has very large rooms with kitchens , living room etc.

Good location near mall shopping between 183 and Mopac. clean , good staff. If you need room and don't care about the latest fad a good place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I was happy to see you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the feedback provided. We strive to provide our guests with an experience of Authentic Hospitality where our guests feel valued. We look forward to your return to the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum in the future.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, elegant, clean and roomy. Staff are knowledgeable, professional and attentive. Hotel is in close proximity to major shopping (DSW, Chicos, Dillards, Coldwater Creek) and a plethra of restaurants. Daily happy hour with great food and drinks. I could of moved in OK!

• Stayed: February 2013
bheintz, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Gwen17Dayton,

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum and taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I sincerely appreciate the positive feedback regarding not only the rooms but also the service you received from our team. I will certainly pass along your kind comments which assist us in continuing to moving forward doing what we love to do, provide "Authentic Hospitality". We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent three nights at the Hyatt House in Austin over the weekend. This was a huge surprise.

The receptionist was knowledgeable and efficient. She quickly gave us the room we needed.

When we entered the room, we could not have been more pleasantly surprised. It was nicely size; plenty of room. We did not expect such a well appointed kitchenette. everything was clean and worked well.

The included breakfast was more than adequate.

The value-for-money worked out really well.

Thanks Hyatt.

We would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone, for business or family use.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor can be larger. Ask for one.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear HappyHackerNo1,

It is nice to see the subject read "What a Pleasant Surprise". We stive to provide "Authentic Hospitality" as well provide a place where our guests feel like a welcome resident. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Going to austin every 2 weeks for the last 7 months we have stayed in many different flavor hotel chains comparable to this one. By far the best breakfast of any hotel. By far the best service of amy hotel in austin. They actually mean it when they say if there is anything they can do to make ur stay better. They went to store and got a newspaper for no cost. Nice lg clean quiet room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Tigertech6886,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback on your stay at the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind comments regarding the service you received. We strive to provide the best possible service because we know that is what will set us apart from the competition and provide an opportunity to obtain repeat business. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I loved everything about my stay at the Hyatt house! It was so nice to have a mini-apartment for our long weekend in Austin. It felt like we were on a real vacation with all the extra perks: free hot breakfast, free wi-fi, decent gym, and a free weekday "happy hour" of a light snack and free wine/beer! The hotel was super clean and the staff was incredibly friendly. I was in town for an interview and the staff went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. The man who checked me in even printed paper directions to help me get to my interview! (Without me even asking!) My first night I had a ground level room and the person above me seemed to have led feet as they walked. So I asked to be moved to a 3rd floor room...and voila, no questions asked, they found a 3rd floor room for me to move in to. After the move I realized that I left a pair of brand new boots in my old room...they were waiting for me at the front desk when I called. The only danger of this hotel was the close proximity to excellent shopping. (hence the new boots). It's close to Nordstrom Rack, DSW, Old Navy...the list goes on. Lots of decent Texas chain restaurants nearby, too (Rudy's BBQ, Lupes, etc...) The outlet mall isn't far away either. To top it off, we were able to walk to North by Northwest Brewery for a good meal...and each enjoy an extra beverage without having to worry about driving. And getting downtown to 6th street/Town Lake was super easy, just a quick 15 minute drive! I would definitely stay here again....for the incredibly spacious suites, the wonderful service, and excellent prices (nearly $100 less/night compared to downtown hotels I looked at)!

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room if you are looking for a more quiet space!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Thank you so much for the response I am glad I was able to assist you personally during your visit. We look forward to your return!