“What a Pleasant Surprise”

HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
Ranked #27 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“What a Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent three nights at the Hyatt House in Austin over the weekend. This was a huge surprise.

The receptionist was knowledgeable and efficient. She quickly gave us the room we needed.

When we entered the room, we could not have been more pleasantly surprised. It was nicely size; plenty of room. We did not expect such a well appointed kitchenette. everything was clean and worked well.

The included breakfast was more than adequate.

The value-for-money worked out really well.

Thanks Hyatt.

We would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone, for business or family use.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor can be larger. Ask for one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bheintz, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear HappyHackerNo1,

It is nice to see the subject read "What a Pleasant Surprise". We stive to provide "Authentic Hospitality" as well provide a place where our guests feel like a welcome resident. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return.

In the Spirit to Serve,

Bryan Heintz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Linden, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Going to austin every 2 weeks for the last 7 months we have stayed in many different flavor hotel chains comparable to this one. By far the best breakfast of any hotel. By far the best service of amy hotel in austin. They actually mean it when they say if there is anything they can do to make ur stay better. They went to store and got a newspaper for no cost. Nice lg clean quiet room. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Tigertech6886,

Thank you for taking the time to review and provide feedback on your stay at the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind comments regarding the service you received. We strive to provide the best possible service because we know that is what will set us apart from the competition and provide an opportunity to obtain repeat business. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt house Austin Arboretum and we look forward to your return.

In the Spirit to Serve,

Bryan Heintz
Silverton, Oregon
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I loved everything about my stay at the Hyatt house! It was so nice to have a mini-apartment for our long weekend in Austin. It felt like we were on a real vacation with all the extra perks: free hot breakfast, free wi-fi, decent gym, and a free weekday "happy hour" of a light snack and free wine/beer! The hotel was super clean and the staff was incredibly friendly. I was in town for an interview and the staff went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable. The man who checked me in even printed paper directions to help me get to my interview! (Without me even asking!) My first night I had a ground level room and the person above me seemed to have led feet as they walked. So I asked to be moved to a 3rd floor room...and voila, no questions asked, they found a 3rd floor room for me to move in to. After the move I realized that I left a pair of brand new boots in my old room...they were waiting for me at the front desk when I called. The only danger of this hotel was the close proximity to excellent shopping. (hence the new boots). It's close to Nordstrom Rack, DSW, Old Navy...the list goes on. Lots of decent Texas chain restaurants nearby, too (Rudy's BBQ, Lupes, etc...) The outlet mall isn't far away either. To top it off, we were able to walk to North by Northwest Brewery for a good meal...and each enjoy an extra beverage without having to worry about driving. And getting downtown to 6th street/Town Lake was super easy, just a quick 15 minute drive! I would definitely stay here again....for the incredibly spacious suites, the wonderful service, and excellent prices (nearly $100 less/night compared to downtown hotels I looked at)!

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room if you are looking for a more quiet space!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you so much for the response I am glad I was able to assist you personally during your visit. We look forward to your return!
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Room and location are great, but I'd you have paper thin walls it would be smart not to ever use the room next to the breast buffet. Every morning awake at 6am listening to every conversation. Just don't even use that room anymore.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank TravelMuchPlease
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some valuable information. We will be converting that room shortly to a different area of the hotel. Look forward to a return visit and if I can be of any further assistance please let me know,

Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Nice surprise, the location was great easy acess to 360 loop or Jct 1 here in Austin. The service was great from check in (Amy at the the front desk was friendly and very helpful). It is set up more for business, but we have 8 & 9 year old boys so the suite set up with the full kitchen was very nice. They have comp warm breakfast in the morning Eggs Bacon Waffle plus the usually continental typs stuff. We will stay here agian when in Austin.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side can get a little loud
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
We greatly appreciate your time in completing a review. I look forward to your return,

Bonham
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My annual conference is at the Renaissance/Arboretum but I prefer the Hyatt. LOVE the kitchenette; the other place charges too much for meals either in the room or restaurant. I don't have to fight for an elevator.
Hyatt is always very clean. The front desk staff is always accommodating and very friendly. Breakfasts are fresh and hot and FREE. It changes daily. Pool looks clean as does the gym and full sized laundry. The only thing that keeps it from being perfect is that twice now the ice maker in the full sized fridge didn't work. This second time I stayed in Building B (which I recommend), it has a very nice ice maker in the laundry room. Beds are a little firm for me, but usually motel beds are. I love the full sized closet, ironing board, hair dryer; plus the microwave, dishwasher sink with garbage disposal. It is just like home, probably better with maid service!!

Room Tip: Building A is closer to breakfast and pool; Building B offers gym, full sized ice machine and full s...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback, we look forward to hosting you and the conference attendees again.
Houston
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I figured this for the normal business suite set up, which really, it sort of is. What makes this different is service. From check in to check out and everything in between, great service. This wasn't a really business trip per se, I had the family with me. My family had a nice stay, met other families and for the business I needed to conduct, it all worked out well. I'll be staying there on my future trips to Austin.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We are thrilled to hear you and the family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.