“north of town, but not inconvenient”

HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
Ranked #32 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Suites Arboretum in Austin on New Year's Eve. The hotel was pristine upon our arrival, and we were allowed an early check-in. I was skeptical that the hotel was north of downtown Austin, but in the end, it worked out perfectly. I paid a third of the price for a HUGE SUITE, and we enjoyed the amenities and surrounding restaurants and cinema.
While in Austin, we went to the Barton Springs Pool. This is A MUST for any visitor to Austin, and the fact that we woke up early New Year's Day to see a bunch of young, old, and in between folks running and jumping in to the freezing depths of the Barton Springs pool was an exciting and delicious way to begin a new year. The Zilker Park winds along the river and lake, and it just glorious with it's hiking trail, wide open spaces, and park features such as resting rock features and again, the Barton Springs Pool. Go to Austin. Visit the Hyatt, and don't pay too much.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iheartannarbor
Brian L, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to Austin in general. We appreciae the positive feedback on Austin,

Thanks Again,

Reviewed December 9, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from 11/24 - 30 and could not have been happier. We checked-in late afternoon on Thanksgiving day the and the clerk at the fron deask could not have been more plesant. Check in was very smooth and she informed us about the free breakfast and weeknight social hours.

We had a nice 1 bedroom suite with a very nice kitchen. The sofa and chairs were very comforatble as was the bed. Morning breakfast vaired by day but they always had eggs potatoes and meat... along with juices, coffee, muffins, bagels and bread for toast. They also had fresh fruit, oatmeal and cereal. There was always plenty to eat. One day the attendent brought us out some bacon and appoligized that he had put out sausage 2 days in a row. He recognized us from the day before and that showed the attention to customer service the hotel has.

The whole stay was a pleasue and will return the next time we are in Austin

There were only 2 small things that I noted.

1. We were in building 1 on the secind floor street side and there is a bit of road noise... it do not prevent me from sleeping but may cause some lite sleepers issues.

2. The electrical plug under the window was "worn" out so plugs would not stay in. The power cord from my laptop would just fall out. It was not a huge deal and I just plugged in my computer elsewhere.

I hva no doubts that if I would have alreted the hotel about the plug they would have sent a maintenance man to fix it... that is just how good they were

Room Tip: The street side room do get a bit of road noise from Capital of TX Highway..
4  Thank RonJac
hyattssaustin, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you so much for the positive feedback and also noted are the things we shall repair. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on the hotel as well as give us things to think about moving forward. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year,

Reviewed November 28, 2011

If you are looking for a comfortable and clean suite hotel in Austin this is a great choice. Excellent location just off Freeway.

1  Thank seanmage
hyattssaustin, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you so much for the response, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and we wish you a Happy New Year,

GM

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We are staying at this hotel over Thanksgiving and are very happy. The rooms are small (we are in a 1br king suite) but our family of 2 adults and 2 boys under 5 has everything we need. The hotel might be new, although it doesn't appear so on the outside. Inside, however, there has been an obvious recent renovation. Carpet and appliances are all very clean and in working order. Staff has been incredibly friendly and we got a great price through an online travel site. We are right in the middle of the Arboretum shopping/dining area and can easily get to 2-3 major highways to get around Austin. It's not a luxury hotel by any means, but it's a great value for a clean, affordable, comfortable and convenient week long stay.

Room Tip: The main building faces Capital of TX Hwy and you can get a lot of road noise. The back buildings ar...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
hyattssaustin, Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a response, we really appreciate the feedback. I would however like to know what you feel would make us more luxiourious in your eyes that is the biggest impact? I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great Christmas and Happy New Year.

brian.long@hyatt.com

Reviewed November 17, 2011

I had reservations of staying at this property because of an earlier review reporting bed bugs that was never verified. Our family occupied four rooms to attend a family wedding and found the rooms and the overall hotel spic and span, quiet, comfortable beds and a very courteous staff. I found the GM both working in the kitchen and installing a new printer in the business center within a two hour period. A breakfast buffet is offered with both hot and cold items along with fruit, breads and juices to start off your day and the hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants with easy access to the expressway.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on your visit. I apologize it has taken so long for the thanks as I have been locked out of the response option for about two months. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit and we appreciate the positive posting.

GM

Reviewed October 21, 2011

I always use this hotel when I trip to Austin.
This hotel has a laundry room,so I can wash my clothes by myself. And also has not only laundry wash machine but also drying tumbler.
Talking about the meal, complementary breakfast is served, and if I want to buy and cook something, Gateway shopping center is located in 5minutes by foot, and have a easy kitchen in the room.
There is a free internet service. But in my room, wireless connection is unstable, so I can't access to the information on the internet which I want to access. This is a bad point.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank YukihitoHARA
Hyatt1234, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we continously look for ways to improve the quality in the eyes of the customer. I will work with my IT team and try and troubleshoot the scenario you experienced on the internet and we will come up with a good solution. Again I appreciate your feedback,

SIncerely,

Brian Long GM

Reviewed October 14, 2011

we stayed for four nights in a suite, it was quite clean and spacious in space. Well equipped including big TV screen. The staff was friendly and professional. Breakfast was good. we did not use the pool but it looked clean though small. I f you do have your own car choose this location.

Room Tip: a suite can sleep 3
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

I appreciate the review, I see that you had trouble with no transportation and we realized that as we started to grow. We have now added daily shuttle from m-f in the hours of 7am-11am and 4pm-10pm. We hope you will return and get to enjoy it. I appreciate your time in completing an online review and hope to see you again,

Brian Long (GM)