“Very nice, good for an extended stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

HYATT house Austin / Arboretum
Ranked #21 of 197 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lansing, Mi
“Very nice, good for an extended stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

This hotel is nice, and our room was just as pictured online. Pool was small, but well kept. Breakfast was not great, but decent, which is typical of "free" breakfast hotels.

We only stayed 3 nights, but it would be a great hotel for an extended stay as the rooms have great little kitchenettes, fully equipped with dishes, microwave, stove, and refrigerator.

The location of this hotel was decent for the price. We paid $85 a night and had to drive about 20 to get to downtown Austin. The cheapest hotel that wasn't a dump downtown was pretty much double that, so we thought the drive was fine. There are plenty of stores, and restaurants around the hotel, but mostly chain stuff, so if you want to experience local food and shopping you'll have to venture out. However, "Baby Acupulco's" is a great restaurant around the corner with live music a great food.

We would stay here again.....

Room Tip: All rooms at this hotel are suites
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabetham
hyattssaustin, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I wanted to see if I could get anything particular that you could reccomend we do better with breakfast as we are always looking for ways to improve? Thanks again and I hope we see you again real soon,

Brian Long
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is an older hotel that while still very nice, is kind of starting to show it's age. I was put in a handicapped suite. The shower pressure was pitiful, but other than that, I really enjoyed it. The room was very quiet, the kitchen very functional, and the bed extremely comfortable! The TV was not as nice as some other Hyatts I've stayed at, but it was OK.

The Internet connectivity was very fast!

I didn't use it, but there is a small pool here. Looked pretty nice from what I saw.
Overall, you can't go wrong with this hotel, just check your shower pressure when you first get in the room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank frekwentflier
Hyatt1234, Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
victoria texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2011

Very very clean rooms. No hair or dirt anywhere. Had a full kitchen, nice tv, dvd player (don't see these very often) and was just very clean. Had a breakfast buffet each morning and a dinner buffett in the evening. Good value for the money. Only complaint is that you can hear doors shutting at night, but this is very common.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank fastdog22
Hyatt1234, General Manager at HYATT house Austin / Arboretum, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your feedback.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

I enjoyed my stay here. The kitchen is better stocked with pots, pans, utensils, glasses,etc than most places. Everything was clean and comfortable. The bed was really great, as it usually is at all Hyatt places. Having the bedroom separated from the rest of the room turned out to be very handy, as my friend and his wife needed a place to stay one night, so I gave them the bedroom so that they could have privacy. It's conveniently located with TONS of shopping all around, and there is a great Whole Foods just down the road. I picked up food there several times and used the kitchen to make meals. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank KManTraveling
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I just got back from staying at this hotel only to come home, thinking I had a rash from the detergent at the hotel when my wife informed me I had bed bug bites all up and down my arms and on my shoulders. I am completely disgusted. Not only that I had things crawling and feeding on me while I slept, but Hyatt still hasn't responded to my concern when I emailed them 3 days ago. I know hotels can't help who stays there and if that person brings bugs along with them, but they can employ good cleaning techniques to make sure they aren't hiding under the mattresses.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank PrabhuTA
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our hotel. We are so sorry for any inconveniences you experienced while staying with us but please know we’ve been working very hard to ensure that every cutomer leaves satisfied. I apologize for no response as I am the new General Manager and would love to hear from you.

Brian Long
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

My husband and 10 year old stayed at this hotel the weekend of the 4th of July. The staff was amazing, from the front desk to the staff out on the grounds. It was very clean, and well maintained. The beds (as in most Hyatt's we have stayed in) were very comfy. Our 10 year old slept on the pull out couch and said it was very comfy...as evidenced by her sleeping very late each morning!

The breakfast provided had plenty of variety each day from breakfast meats & eggs to waffles, french toast, bagels, english muffins, toast, fruit, cereal, etc.

The kitchen was well stocked with all one would need to prepare meals if you chose to.

Previous reviewers complained about the pool size. This is not a resort, but more of an extended stay type of accommodation. The pool is not resort size, but we felt even on a long holiday weekend met the needs of the guests.

There is plenty of shopping of all varieties close by. Although I wouldn't recommend walking to most, you can walk to a nearby Whole Foods as well as some restarants and small shops if you are up to a short walk on a busy street.

We absolutely would (and probably will) stay at this Summerfield again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MzPrissAZ
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

nice cozy suites for single/couples traveling for long durations.. nice small kitchen with all the basic amenities.. less options in breakfast but provides snacks in evening as well.. pool is for kids.. free wifi is added advantage..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business