“Complete disappointment”

Ranked #21 of 35 Austin B&B and Inns
austin, tx
“Complete disappointment”
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I have never written a negative review of a hotel or B&B, until now. I couldn't have possibly endured a night's stay at this B&B. I made a reservation based on the pictures on the website - what a mistake! Upon entering the Yellow Room there was a giant stain on the carpet and the room reeked of strong air freshener. While I know that the view of the low-level LakeTravis cannot be controlled, the room was overall very depressing. A cheap-looking bed and linens, ugly mini-blinds and exposed wire shelving as a make-shift closet all contributed to the low-end, dirty hotel room feel. I left immediately and asked for a refund, but the owner felt that I didn't deserve one since I didn't stay the night. Why would I wait 24 hours to tell him I wasn't satisfied when I wasn't satisfied immediately? I would NOT recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank gizm0123

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We had a wonderful "retreat" at this Bed and Breakfast. I had stayed there for the night of my honeymoon and had had such a wonderful experience, I recommended it to my girlfriends when we were looking for a place to have our weekend get-a-way. The owner was very accomodating. We were given the run of the house and we had a chat session in the living room area, drinks out on the deck, morning coffee outside, etc. Everything was excellent. We even got up for a morning walk around the lake and I chilled in the sauna when we got back. The owner turned on music and let us play our own personal cds when we were in the jacuzzi. We had planned to go out down town, but decided to stay in, because we were having such a good time. I love this place! I have recommended it to all of my friends. We are actually planning another get-a-way and we are definetly going back to this place...soon. I had a very pleasant experience and would not have changed a thing!

• Liked — The room was beautiful and it was made to acommodate a large group of women.
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank sritcherson
Discobulldog
Reviewed September 2, 2008

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!

Dear Friends,

After traveling many hours to join our friends at a gathering to celebrate Labor Day Weekend at Lake Travis in Austin, TX , we were SHOCKED and DISAPPOINTED!!!

Rolisbb.com promotes itself as "a very elegant", "relaxed", "hip" and chic upscale Bed and Breakfast. WE DIDN'T FIND THAT WE WERE WELCOMED AS OLD FRIENDS....WE WERE WELCOMED WITH DOZENS OF STINKING SHOES IN A $200.00 a Night Bedroom. Owner "Rolando" uses his underage daughter to man the phones and handle reservations. After arriving we were invited to stay in "Rolando"'s master bedroom.

We were disgusted to find that this was literally someone's living quarters. Personal items of daily use were everywhere! Clothing of every sort! THE WORST WAS AN UNBELIEVABLE ARAY OF DISGUSTING STINKING SHOES....WELL OVER A DOZEN PAIR.

We had cancelled a reservation at Austin's Barton Creek...which was a huge mistake...to stay on the lake. Don't make the same mistake!!!

WE WERE COMPLETELY DECEIVED!!!! AND ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND WITH A HOME GAME IN TOWN FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS.

WE LEFT IMMEDIATELY...WILLING TO GO HOME RATHER THAN STAY THERE!!!

rolis bed and breakfast IS DISGUSTING!!!

PHOTO'S TO FOLLOW!!!

we are an honest young couple. not overly angry...just disgusted!

• Liked — Having enough self respect to LEAVE!
  • Disliked — Being Deceived!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
8 Thank Discobulldog
rolisbb, Owner at Roli's Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
Management response from rolisbb, Manager/Owner
(Management representative)
Sep 29, 2008
Dear Travelers;

I beg to differ with the assessment and criticism this couple has made about Roli’s B&B. Prior to their arrival to Roli’s B&B, they negotiated a discount with my daughter Gisela, that although she looks like a teenager, she is not underage. She is a professional graduate from Texas A&M. Go Aggies!! Unfortunately for us, the gentleman that wrote this review has a serious temper problem. After he arrived to Roli’s B&B and went out to have drinks with his friends, he called us yelling all sorts of incoherent claims and shouting threats; it was obvious that he was extremely intoxicated. He tried to negotiate another discount, but we told him that that was not an option. He then decided to come to Roli’s B&B to pick up his bags. In the process he again yelled and threatened anyone that came across him in our property and wrote threatening and duty comments on the book that all of our guests have written very nice things about Roli’s B&B. His fiancée, from the safety of her car, watched everything he did at the B&B. After he was done with his yelling and threatening, his fiancée got out of her car and apologize to the lady that takes care of the B&B. She apologized to her for his abusive temper and attitude. We even had to report this ugly incident to the local authorities for the protection and safety of our guests and employees.
I invite you to visit us and check our B&B for yourselves.

-Rolando Osorio

Travelers are raving about these Austin hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Austin
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin NW - Four Points
#9 of 35 in Austin
The Cove BNB
The Cove BNB
#4 of 36 in Austin

Been to Roli's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!