“Go to hangout!”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: South Austin
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

Food is avg, typical bar food. But atmosphere and the volleyball courts are great. The league night volleyball makes it enjoyable for spectating as well.

Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

So I'm biking around Lady Bird Lake and I need to stop, cool off, have a beer and grab some grub. The bar is nice and cool, the beer is cold and the food is your typical bar food menu. Good place to stop, but nothing exceptional about it unless you want to play sand volleyball in downtown Austin.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Just had drinks but the bartender was good. Walking distance from our hotel.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We went to this restaurant because it was near our hotel and we were hungry. If we had known that it would take nearly 45 minutes to get our food (on top of the nearly 15 minutes it took just to get our beverages and order our food) we would have just ordered room service (it would have cost just as much). A table next to us sat down AFTER us, was served BEFORE us and left BEFORE us. Very, very frustrating. Our waitress was friendly enough but she seemed either distracted or something else, as she forgot simple requests, like water.
Our order, after finally getting it, was wrong and I had to wait even longer to get the correct item. You would have thought given how long we had to wait and that the order was wrong that the manager or someone else on her shift would have comp'd something but nothing was said by anyone. My daughter ordered a Caesar Salad and it was the saddest looking salad I had ever seen. If you're looking to have this as a meal I would recommend asking if you can add chicken to it (if you're not vegetarian). The same can pretty much be said for everyone else's food. It was just OK - nothing special.

Maybe we went here on an off night, or the waitress was having an off night, but we will definitely NOT be back again.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

Classic rock, good food, good service. What more could you ask for? I'd recommend this place to my friends.

Been to Aussie's Grill & Beach Bar? Share your experiences!