“Hotel management done right”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 199 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Hotel management done right”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

We were at the Four Seasons Austin for 2 weekend nights in mid October. It's a nice property-downtown and right on Town Lake. It's a very easy walk to the convention center and some restaurants but a short and cheap cab ride to South Congress Ave and other great spots. Unfortunately, we were booked into a room adjacent to some guests who were part of a wedding held at the hotel. While it was a little noisy the first night, it wasn't too bad and we didn't say anything to management. That changed the second night when the room next to us became the site of an all night party. I need to say that I'm not a stick in the mud and still like to have a good time (I'm almost 40) but what was happening was just unacceptable. I won't go into detail but when the manager came to the room next door to ask them to quiet down, the guests in that room decided they would argue and fight with the manager and hotel security. We didn't stick around to see what happened; they moved us to another room and comped us about $300 worth of spa treatments, which I though was perfectly acceptable. After we returned home, I emailed the manager with a question about a charge on our bill that I missed at check out and to thank her for the complimentary spa treatments and was very surprised to get an email back stating that our entire stay had been comped.

While the property is nice and certainly up to par for what Four Seasons should offer, what is most refreshing about this property is that the management went above and beyond what was necessary to ensure that we left with a good impression of the property, which we did. Their extra effort to make us happy has earned my business, both at this property and other Four Seasons in the future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TX99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (562)
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2009

Stayed for business at the convention center.

The staff were great at all times. Obviously very well trained. Great attention to detail in all facets of the stay.

I enjoyed the beautiful location on the river.

A famous Austin attraction are the bats of Congress bridge that come out at dusk every night March to November. I thought I would not have time to go out and find the bridge during my trip. It turns out it is right behind the Four Seasons.

There are grander hotels in the downtown with newer more impressive buildings in busier areas. i.e. the Hilton and the Driskill.

I liked the quiet seclusion of the Seasons.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank wi_traveler_1966
Anywhere and Everywhere
Reviewed October 17, 2009

It is up to the Four Seasons standard in a great location. You can walk to good food and nightlife choices and the staff are very helpful. I also enjoyed the fitness and pool facility and walking on the grounds is peaceful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
boston
Reviewed October 12, 2009

last minute reservation due to disappointment with austin lake spa. excellent service,room, dining and bar service. Spa staff friendly,efficient and skillful . easy to sightsee from location. Reasonable price for a luxury hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Thanks to the wonderful website Whatahotel.com, we were able to stay at the Four Seasons at the last minute. We were initially booked at another top tier Austin hotel for three nights, but after the first awful night we were desperate to find alternative accommodation... Thank you to Ivonne from Whatahotel.com who arranged everything for us. The package at the Four Seasons was pricey, however, it did include breakfast both days, lunch at their Trio restaurant which was excellent, and an upgrade to a lake facing room. It was the best decision we made, and definitely enhanced our visit to Austin!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
fort worth
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Hello Fellow Travellers -

My family and I recently stayed with the Four Seasons in Austin, TX and we were less then thrilled. I was warned that the decorating needed a redo but didn't think much of it until I arrived in my room. We paid for the upgrade, the "More Package", gives you a $100 credit at the spa or Trio, the restaurant.
The room was really small and the bathroom was so small the door actually hit the sink when you opened it. There was no seperate shower and bathtub it was an all in one.
It was a game weekend and not all of us went to UT we actually wanted to watch our football games but once the UT game was over the TV was wheeled out of the lobby...
SO, we went to the Radisson next door to watch the Notre Dame and U of Iowa games.

I had always had good experiences with the Four Seasons. For example, Whistler was beautiful!! We stayed with FS in Maui, wonderful! We also stayed with the FS in Exuma last year. It's no longer open I heard...
Anyway, I hate to be negative but I would never stay here again. You're better off at the new Hilton for the price.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
tsegesta, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you for providing feedback relating to your family's recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin. We re-invest in the hotel through our capital program every year and are thankful that our guests are interested in helping us focus on areas for improvement. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Tom Segesta
usa
Reviewed July 29, 2009

I love FS and I always stay there when possible. Their attention to details is unbelievable and they really make you feel at home.

I recommend the berry Mojito by the pool on a hot TX day.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business