“great staff!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Long Beach, California
“great staff!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very attentive staff at a wonderful location! Had only a couple of nights to spend in Austin and unfortunately got sick upon arrival. The staff quickly realized my condition and did whatever it took to make sure that I was as comfortable as possible. Even one of the hotel managers came to my aid when he saw me getting ice in the hallway. Room service was prompt and when I ordered something that was not listed on the menu they quickly obliged. The location is fantastic and we had a view of the water so at least I had something to look at while in my room the entire time. With its proximity to "bat bridge", I was able to see the bats fly out, en masse, from under the bridge which is a sight, to say the least! I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot... Several times a week and when I mixed business and pleasure and brought my family with me to the Four Seasons Austin- I was not disappointed.

The hotel is beautiful from the art glass in the lobby to the manicured lawns in the back "yard" with hammocks to relax in.

The staff was top notch in attitude and service. From receiving ice cold bottled water at the valet to the check in process with fresh fruit and attentive staff. Most impressive!

At the gorgeous pool, despite a good crowd there from a wedding party, the excellence in service continued.

Live music in the bar area in the evenings- topped off with a scoop of the BEST homemade ice cream I have EVER had- sea salt caramel! Wow! Just the ice cream would be worth making the trip again.

We were traveling with our 9 year old son and small touches like the pool "noodles" already at the pool and Rice Krispy treats available from room service- made him happy to be there...

And our room, the view? Beautiful! We left from our 3 days and 2 nights SPOILED- and unwilling to stay anywhere else in Austin! Looking forward to our next trip!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We frequently stay in Austin and the Four Seasons is consistently the best place to stay. The location is perfect. We love being downtown and so close to Town Lake. The service is excellent, rooms are very clean, staff very helpful. The food at Trio is always good. The Lobby Bar is the best place in Austin to see and be seen. It's the little things that make a hotel great and the Four Seasons Austin does all the little things well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

As an EA to a multi-billion dollar equity firm, I've worked closely w/ FS Austin to host multiple corporate board meetings and couldn't be happier w/ them! Planning was a breeze w/ Megan & the catering/event staff handled every request immediately with smiles on their faces. I highly recommend hosting our next corporate event with FS Austin!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Regardless of my destination, FS is always my of hotel of choice. Not because of esthetics or name value, but rather SERVICE. Four Seasons Hotel Austin delivers the most consistent example of 5-star service. This is the reason I will pay a bit more for a stay. A room is a room, by their service cannot be beat.

Room Tip: Any room is great, just enjoy your stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Location is great! The grounds are nice (with the exception of the pool). The pool along with the rooms are quite plain, small, and outdated. The hotel and rooms were clean and comfortable, but nothing was beautiful or opulent. This would have been fine if it was not the Four Seasons. The staff were quite friendly, but for the first time at a Four Seasons Hotel I consistently had to express my needs, and even then I found details were overlooked. For example if I asked for no ice in a drink- it came with ice. If I requested both hot sauce and Ketchup one was forgotten. We would often need to get the attention of staff to make our needs known. Turn down service came between the hours of 4:30- 8:30!?! If this was a Hilton I would have given this an all around excellent review! I think this was my major issue with it. It was a four star experience. We did have a great time, and the locals all agreed this is the best hotel in Austin. However one block away a JW Marriott and W Hotel are being built and I do believe that as soon as they open this hotel will no longer be number one.

• Stayed September 2013
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Rachel,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive details regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I appreciate the comments about our location and grounds, especially since these are two things I feel set our property apart from the competition. The third, however, is service, and from your review it appears we did not deliver on our mission to provide the best service in Austin. For that I sincerely apologize.
Internally, we frequently talk about how we can better anticipate and meet the needs of our guests, so I will be using your review as fodder for upcoming training sessions to ensure such lapses do not occur going forward. I will also share your comments about the rooms with our owners as we finalize discussions about a potential rooms renovation next year.
In the meantime, I would invite you to let me know if you have any future visits planned to Austin. As you note, we have several competitors coming into the marketplace so we would welcome the chance to show you what a typical Four Seasons stay can and should be.
Rob Hagelberg
(512) 685-8034
rob.hagelberg@fourseasons.com
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Service is always good. Public areas are great. Trio is wonderful. Sitting out on the patio for an after dinner drink is wonderfully relaxing. Breakfast on the deck was great! Rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business