“The Four Seasons Hotel Austin is a Titan of the hotel industry because of their commitment to making their guest feel valued an”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vieques, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was immaculate. From the time that the valet opened our car door, to the time that we checked out, it was nothing but extreme commitment to making our trip as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. Our room was extraordinarily clean and comfortable with a beautiful view of the river. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The pillows and sheets were so soft and of very high quality. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They treat everyone with curtesy and respect. Stay here and you'll be glad that you did!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
Foster City, California
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just visited Austin and stayed at Four Seasons. The hotel is nothing to complain about, and would be great for a regular hotel, but I expected so much more for a FS property. If their room in Austin, which is not a major travel destination, at least outside of any special events, costs around $500 or more, I would expect something extraodrinary, and thi swas a great stay for about $200 a tthe most. The room was fine, the bed was nice, the bathroom was small and very average, the plumbing was old and even the sink in the bathroom wasn't draiing well. The pool was indeed very small and not that inviting... The lobby areas cramped, and again, this is a great experience for $200/night tops, but not for what they are charging... I also read one of the responses of the management about the upcoming remodeling, but that is just an admision that something is wrong and yet the price is still the same.... I am not even complaining, just stating the facts :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My best friend and I stayed there for my Birthday, when we arrived everything was well taken care and staff was immediately welcoming. I love that I instantly felt like a VIP guest the second I arrived. This is my 3rd time staying at this hotel and I will always stay whenever I go to Austin. The rooms are great, the food is amazing, location is perfect but most importantly the staff is incredible. Totally worth every penny, I can never go back to staying at another hotel after staying here.

Room Tip: Lake view is the perfect way to wake up!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Austin
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This place is amazing. Incredible staff, superior service, and great food! And the lobby lounge is a great venue for drinks (and the occasional star sighting). I would highly recommend the Four Seasons for a weekend getaway or just a night on the town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Mexico
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Four Seasons Austin to celebrate her recent college graduation. When we arrived, the manager had sent a personal welcome note---and lovely handmade chocolates. The staff was extremely helpful. Our concierge, Steve, booked dinner reservations for us----and supplied a beautiful complimentary starter, shrimp cocktails. Our room overlooked the lake with spectacular views. The hotel is centrally located to shopping, restaurants, and the beautiful walking/biking trail that runs parallel with Ladybird Lake. We also rented kayaks to experience the views of the city from the lake. The wildlife viewing is spectacular---turtles, swans, and spectacular bird life in the middle of Austin. Don't miss the bats emerging from Congress St. bridge at sunset---We could view from our room.
This was my first visit to Austin in many years. I will return again soon!---This is a terrific hotel experience--beautiful amenities, great service, great dining in and around the city, and truly wonderful staff and service. Put this one on your list!

Room Tip: Ladybird Lake View is spectacular.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Jack,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel location and amenities and that you received such accommodating service during your stay-this is something we strive to provide for our guests. Seeing the bats emerge from Congress Avenue Bridge continues to be a favorite pastime of mine as well; I’m delighted you enjoyed it from the comfort of your room! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Austin again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 10, 2013

For another hotel, I would have given this a 4 star rating. But it's the four seasons, hence the need to be tougher. If you are paying $554 a night in summer in Austin, one should expect great things.

Location and grounds: B+
- Beautiful grounds with (smallish) pool out back. Right on the lady bird lake so easy for walking or running. It's not near any shops or major restaurants, so you have to walk a bit to get to those, hence only a B+ rating.

Rooms: B
Nothing spectacular. Big room and comfy bed. But bathroom was small, and nothing special for a four seasons.

Check-in: C
Check in woman was nice enough, but check in is off the bar/lounge area that is all open. We checked in at night around 10 pm and parties were going on. We had to scream back and forth with the associate to hear each other. Not cool.

Restaurant: B
We ate at Trio only for breakfast. Both times we had to wait a while to be seated as the workers were no where to be found. Breakfast was good and wait staff attentive.

Overall it was good for any other hotel chain, but for a four seasons you expect a lot. I think there are hotels that are closer to the action and you can get the same service for less money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the back instead of the street.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank njgalinbos
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear njgalinwt,
Thank you for the thorough report card telling us how we did on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Such information is invaluable to us so I really appreciate the descriptive comments, as well as the compliments for our staff and Hotel grounds.

I do want to note that we are in the final design stages of a bathroom remodel so hopefully on your next visit this space will meet your expectations of how our bathrooms should be. I have also forwarded your comment regarding the wait times in TRIO to our restaurant manager. As you noted, such delays are not up to Four Seasons standards so I apologize and will personally see that this is addressed with the team.

Thank you again for your insight. Now that we know the areas that could have improved your experience, we will work diligently to ensure "straight A's" on your next visit!

Dover, Delaware
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It made our stay in Austin more delightful. Our room was spacious with a view of Lady Bird Lake and the trail...Beautiful!!!
The service was exceptional and genuinely friendly. The hotel location was convenient to downtown.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear our service and accommodations made your trip to Austin a memorable one. I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future!