“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dover, Delaware
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

It made our stay in Austin more delightful. Our room was spacious with a view of Lady Bird Lake and the trail...Beautiful!!!
The service was exceptional and genuinely friendly. The hotel location was convenient to downtown.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted to hear our service and accommodations made your trip to Austin a memorable one. I hope you won’t wait too long to visit us again in the future!

Rob Hagelberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

This property is at the low end of the four seasons brand and really disapointing. The exterior of the building looks more like a travelodge from the 80s than a 5 star property in 2013. The lobby and bar areas are nice but not spectacular in any way. The rooms are rather small and not distinguishable from any Marriott or Hilton room.

The bathroom is three star at best. It is small and has an awkward shower/tub combination that is just odd.

The whole property is in dire need of an update. Or a better option would be to replace the property with one that would be better suited to compete against the W in town or the new J W Marriott that is under construction.

The staff is nice and professional as you would expect from the four seasons.

Room Tip: Request a room on high floor with a balcony if you can't get a room at the W.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank frogbog
Dear frogbog,
Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I appreciate your kind accolades regarding our staff as we pride ourselves on providing exceptional service.

Your feedback regarding our physical property is also appreciated and I am pleased to inform you that we're working diligently with our owners and a team of designers to finalize the freshening up of our guestrooms - with a significant focus placed on our bathrooms. I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Austin in the future to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Should you have any additional comments that you would like to share, it would be my pleasure to speak with you personally.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you are looking for an unforgettable experience, you must stay at the Four Seasons Austin. It is without a doubt the best hotel in Austin. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The staff is what truly makes this hotel shine. They do not consider great service to just be a part of their job, but they each make it a personal priority to make sure you have a fabulous time. The staff goes above and beyond to not only accommodate you, but to exceed your expectations. They love to know why you are visiting the hotel, and they take it upon themselves to celebrate the occassion with you in a memorable way. I love visiting this hotel and always feel rejuventated when I leave. Marlon Davis, Lauren Vosbein and their respective teams are doing an extraordinary job of making guests feel special.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the lake at the time of booking.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lisa,

It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear they continue to exceed your expectations. It’s always appreciated when guests send us positive feedback and I look forward to sharing your compliments with both Marlon and Lauren. To hear you enjoyed your time with us and felt so attended to throughout your stay has made my day! I hope we’ll have the pleasure of your company with us in Austin again soon.

Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Austin Four Seasons offers great views of the Colorado River, access to miles of jogging trails and is within sight of the daily "Bat Flight" from Congress Street Bridge. Within walking distance of the Convention Center, 6th Street and many restaurants, it is very convenient. The staff is polite and accommodating; and, everywhere. Porch dining overlooking the river is relaxing, the Sunday Brunch was deliciously tremendous. The bar was lively with conversation and greetings each night. We saw several wedding parties that graced the hotel with a simple elegance that reminded you that you were someplace special.

Room Tip: Face the River! Elevators are fast so stay on the top floors for the view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Coke B,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel grounds and location and that you received such accommodating service during your stay-this is something we strive to provide for our guests. Brunch at TRIO continues to be a personal favorite of mine as well; I’m delighted you enjoyed it! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Austin again soon.

Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the restaurant TRIO is fabulous. Fantastic food and wonderful service. The view out of TRIO is also wonderful. Makes it for a very enjoyable dining experience. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear TXI0,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I’m delighted you enjoyed your TRIO experience so much and the views from the patio- they are some of my favorites as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Four Seasons hotels, and, truly, Austin's staff is the very best of all of them. The Concierge and Trio staff were simply amazing, and I can't say enough good about them. Little things make a difference, and the concierge team worked hard to help me find a sombrero for my disabled son back in NJ.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear BethRG,

It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our Concierge and TRIO teams left such a favorable impression. I will be sure to pass along your compliments-I hope your son is enjoying his sombrero!- and I hope we will have the pleasure of your visit again in the near future!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend a meeting held in the private room off the side of TRIO (the hotel restaurant) and enjoyed my visit.

Like the other Four Seasons Hotels I've been to, parking is valet only so don't try to park the car yourself. The food was good for meeting food, but not some of the best restaurant food in Austin (but it should be noted that Austin's food scene ranges from world class down to horrific and TRIO is definitely in the upper quadrant of the restaurants). The food has definitely improved from the last time I dined there (about 4 years before), but still has a ways to go as far as fine dining goes. Again, the appetizers and small plates served during our meeting were amazing for meeting food, but not necessarily something that I would feel would be amazing food had I been ordering it as part of my dinner.

The room had large opaque glass sliding doors which blocked exterior noise effectively and the table was a large beautiful wood table that would work well as a banquet table as it did as a meeting surface to gather around with food and paperwork. At one end of the room was a flat screen TV which we utilized by hooking a laptop up to the AV connects and worked through a presentation as well as viewing some internet videos.

Service slipped in and out of the room (those large heavy glass doors slide soundlessly) and provided discrete and comfortable service. My favorite thing about Four Seasons is the blend of elegance yet unpretentiousness that their staff seems to be trained to have and the staff members I interacted with on this visit seemed to take that to heart making us feel welcome (lots of "hellos", "thank yous", and smiles) but still comfortable.

Since I live in Austin, I have not found the opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons, but we will definitely consider it as an option for a staycation in the near future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear mhchu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m thrilled to hear you found the TRIO Private Dining Room a recommendable location for your business meeting and that the attention and service of our staff helped make it a successful experience. I always appreciate when guests send us feedback regarding their time on property, so I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope you’ll visit the hotel again soon!