“Wonderful experience”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #7 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is absolutely gorgeous and the restaurant TRIO is fabulous. Fantastic food and wonderful service. The view out of TRIO is also wonderful. Makes it for a very enjoyable dining experience. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear TXI0,

Thank you for your kind review; we truly appreciate every bit of feedback from our guests. I’m delighted you enjoyed your TRIO experience so much and the views from the patio- they are some of my favorites as well! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rob Hagelberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,886)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have stayed at many Four Seasons hotels, and, truly, Austin's staff is the very best of all of them. The Concierge and Trio staff were simply amazing, and I can't say enough good about them. Little things make a difference, and the concierge team worked hard to help me find a sombrero for my disabled son back in NJ.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear BethRG,

It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our Concierge and TRIO teams left such a favorable impression. I will be sure to pass along your compliments-I hope your son is enjoying his sombrero!- and I hope we will have the pleasure of your visit again in the near future!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the opportunity to attend a meeting held in the private room off the side of TRIO (the hotel restaurant) and enjoyed my visit.

Like the other Four Seasons Hotels I've been to, parking is valet only so don't try to park the car yourself. The food was good for meeting food, but not some of the best restaurant food in Austin (but it should be noted that Austin's food scene ranges from world class down to horrific and TRIO is definitely in the upper quadrant of the restaurants). The food has definitely improved from the last time I dined there (about 4 years before), but still has a ways to go as far as fine dining goes. Again, the appetizers and small plates served during our meeting were amazing for meeting food, but not necessarily something that I would feel would be amazing food had I been ordering it as part of my dinner.

The room had large opaque glass sliding doors which blocked exterior noise effectively and the table was a large beautiful wood table that would work well as a banquet table as it did as a meeting surface to gather around with food and paperwork. At one end of the room was a flat screen TV which we utilized by hooking a laptop up to the AV connects and worked through a presentation as well as viewing some internet videos.

Service slipped in and out of the room (those large heavy glass doors slide soundlessly) and provided discrete and comfortable service. My favorite thing about Four Seasons is the blend of elegance yet unpretentiousness that their staff seems to be trained to have and the staff members I interacted with on this visit seemed to take that to heart making us feel welcome (lots of "hellos", "thank yous", and smiles) but still comfortable.

Since I live in Austin, I have not found the opportunity to stay at the Four Seasons, but we will definitely consider it as an option for a staycation in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear mhchu,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m thrilled to hear you found the TRIO Private Dining Room a recommendable location for your business meeting and that the attention and service of our staff helped make it a successful experience. I always appreciate when guests send us feedback regarding their time on property, so I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope you’ll visit the hotel again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just stayed here for 2 nights for work. The facade of the hotel looks a bit dated, but the rooms were elegant, understated, and in neutral colors. Bed was extremely comfortable. Shower was fine but not exceptional. Tons of welcome counter space in bathroom and nice hairdryer. Every interaction with staff was terrific- they are all obviously well-trained. The catered food for on-site meetings was of much a much higher quality and creativity level than you normally encounter, especially for vegetarian options. Great location right on Lady Bird Lake trai (and for seeing the bats!)l, and nice grounds. Appreciate the green touches like in-room recycling bins and compost bags. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake. Mine was city-view and it was fine, but I assume the other side is...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear CBASmith,

Thank you for the positive feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I am happy to hear that our accommodations and service left a memorable impression on you, as these are things we strive to provide for our guests. I will also be sure to pass along your compliments to our Banquets chef regarding his creative catering-he will be most flattered. Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to Austin again soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We put together a regional meeting on short notice and the Four Seasons once again came through for us with flying colors! The service was exceptional and you would have thought they had been working on our event for months. Everything was perfect and we cannot wait to return! Thank you Four Seasons Austin Team! Your the best!

Room Tip: Lakeside has a great view!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear John5s,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! I’m thrilled to hear your regional meeting came together without a hitch and that you received such helpful service- this is what we pride ourselves on at the Four Seasons Austin. Visit us anytime; whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

My original review was going to be about some problems we encountered while staying at the Four Seasons Austin. I decided, instead, to write about the dedication the Staff exhibited in trying to find a solution to make us happy. There is no question, this is an older property with some issues but upon hearing our concerns, we were contacted by Danielle Brillhart, Director of Rooms. She said they wanted to try to find us a room that was more satisfactory and she even ended up comping the first night. We later found out that 3 Managers went up to our original room to check out the concerns we pointed out and, as I understand it, a couple of the issues were taken care of immediately.

Later, we met up with Ali Mohseni, Front Services Manager, who showed us a much nicer room and we agreed to stay…but the service did not end there. Ali listened to our every concern and was not just empathetic, but responsive. Ali offered his card and told us to contact him at any time with any issues at all. He even offered to personally drive us to the concert we were in Austin to attend!

This kind of service extended down to Liz & Daisy at the Concierge Desk as well. In fact, Liz was the one who sent engineering to our room to fix one of the maintenance issues we had. I’ve never had a Concierge do something like that in our 20+ years of travel. We also encountered a problem with some concert tickets and we called to see if Liz could help us out with new tickets to the sold out show. We ended up getting things resolved through the original ticketing agent but Liz kept on it and there was even a cheer for us when she told them we got in to the event. This staff really cares! Mind you, this was all happening when the very famous entertainer we were in Austin to see, and his entourage, were all staying at that hotel! It made us feel even more special that it was so important to the Four Seasons staff - and Ali, in particular - to make sure we were happy there, with all that was going on.

Ali asked us to contact him when we checked out (we were given late check out for the trouble we encountered, as well). He made some further adjustments to our bill and made sure we felt that we paid a price we felt was fair under the circumstances. We did. Ali then personally took ALL our luggage out, retrieved our car, wiped the inside down from the pouring rain we were dealing with that day and made sure we had 2 bottles of cold water for our trip to the airport. I have never encountered service this attentive anywhere - period.

Yes, you pay a premium to stay at Four Seasons properties to experience nice facilities, good food, quality drinks, etc. but, for me, it is essential that a hotel of this caliber offer service like no other. The Four Seasons Austin is lucky to have people like Danielle and Liz and especially people like Ali Mohseni. Thank you Ali, for not only saving our stay but doing everything possible to make it special.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Terrifically located hotel right on Lady Bird Lake. Excellent service and restaurants but the rooms are straight from the 80's and really need to be updated. Everything is immaculate and the beds are very comfortable but the style is stultifying. Except for service, doesn't really feel like a Four Seasons. The lovely oval pool area, hidden down the hill and overlooking the lake, is a great place to relax as the sun starts to set and after the children have gone -- order a drink and frozen grapes for a refreshing start to your evening. The spa isn't much, there are much better spas in Austin close by.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear AnnBR,
Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback about your recent stay at our property. We truly appreciate the compliments about our service, pool and restaurant and have made sure to pass the kudos on to our teams.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding our guestrooms and am excited to inform you that we are currently in the design phase of a rooms renovation that we hope to break ground on later this year. We believe that this new design will not only impart a fresh and modern look but also provide a true sense of Austin. I look forward to sharing the results with you in the coming months.
I am also interested in your feedback regarding The Spa and would appreciate specific details about what you felt was lacking. Our goal is to provide the best spa experience in Austin so such information will only help us improve the experience for you - and other guests - in the future.
Should you have further feedback that you would like to share on The Spa or any other area of the Hotel, please feel free to contact me directly.
512-685-8034