“Great location, good services”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 202 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Southern california
“Great location, good services”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

If you are going to be weekending in Austin and want to splurge, the Four Seasons gives you a perfect location to use as a springboard. The property is a bit aged in terms of decor. All of the essentials are in place though, in typical Four Seasons style. If you enjoy running or walking, you can access Austin's fine waterfront trail system right out back. That is a world class playground at your doorstep. Cocktails can also be taken out on the lawn out back, although there is no service off the patio. The staff were very helpful. We did not eat on property to I can't speak to the food. The Four Seasons Austin isn't flashy, but it's solid and steady and if you have limited time and want to experience Austin, this is a great place to start.

Room Tip: If you want to enjoy the river view, you must get room up a few floors. Ask when reserving.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Socalicouple
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Socalicouple,

I’m delighted to hear your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin was a memorable one, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Being located on the banks of Lady Bird Lake is one of the wonderful features we get to share with our guests and having the jogging trail just outside our door is one of my personal favorites. I’m glad you enjoyed. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Rob Hagelberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
Austin
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Seriously, the staff was amazing. The bed, OH MY DEAR GOD, the bed! Amazing.

When we ordered room service in the morning, the girl also brought us Prosecco and Orange juice, with Chocolate Dipped Strawberries on a plate that read, "Congratulations" (we were married the night before)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaATX
Dear Amanda,

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I’m delighted to learn we played host to such a memorable weekend, and that you enjoyed the small touches we strive to provide through our service. I look forward to sharing your comments with the staff and hope we will see you again in the future-maybe for an anniversary?

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I've had a long running working relationship with Four Seasons Austin since 2008 when I was introduced to Jasper Neath, their Sr. Sales Manager who oversees all Four Seasons Austin corporate clients. I've placed many senior executives who visit Austin here, who rave about the hotel and it's downtown proximity to the 6th Street bar scene, the convention center (across the street!), Lady Bird Lake trail for running, and the general neighborhood - especially during SXSW. They have wonderful meeting and event facilities as well - staff, food and AV is top-notch. TRIO is excellent and a great place for business lunches and dinners. This review is overdue as I came here back in September of 2012 for a quick, personal weekend trip. The goal was to eat my way through Austin BBQ - or whatever I could pack in (literally) during a two night, two day stay. Jasper and the FS staff did not disappoint with wonderful restaurant recommendations, a generous room upgrade and overall making my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: Hotel is generally pretty quiet but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask for the river view. If you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarinS600
Dear Karin,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin another memorable one. Thank you for taking the time to share. It’s nice to know our service and location (not to mention our proximity to an endless supply of fabulous BBQ) continues to impress even our most seasoned travelers! I look forward to sharing your compliments with Jasper and hope we get to see you again soon.

San Antonio
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I needed a couple of nights away to celebrate our 20th Anniversary, without the time to travel afar, so we drove up I-35 to the Four Seasons.

Staff - The staff here is really very good and they are very well trained as we had the opportunity to observe. They were kind, courteous and attentive from the moment we arrived under the porte cochere to the time we left.

Trio - Upon arriving late, we hurried down to Trio to have a nice dinner. Mark, the sommelier is really super top notch, extremely knowledgeable, and, well, fun. Olivia, our server, was also just outstanding and the restaurant's ambience and furnishings are really nice. The food didn't quite live up to the rest, as our fish dish was decidely overcooked and the pork was very unevenly cooked. The presentation was very nice, but again, the food quality was not tops.

Lobby Bar - Loud. But very, very active if that's what you want. Live music was present both nights and it's a happening place. Bartenders and servers are very, very well trained. We watched as a new server shadowed an experienced server both nights, and it was intensive training.

Room - Our room was very nice, very clean and well appointed. It was nice and the only comment in the room would be that we couldn't get a thinner pillow, and their pillows are very big and very full. Also, we had requested a quiet room away from elevators, stairs, etc., and ended up across the hall from the ice machine and the housekeeping room (both of which have a formal door) and one door down from the elevator. The door to the housekeeping room is a normal looking room door (so normal it took us the full stay to figure it out), including a card key lockset. And it squeaked. Loudly. So, every time the staff came and went, which was a lot and beginning at about 8 am, it was a constant squeal/squeal/clunk. If you want to sleep in, well, don't bank on it.

Location - Perfect. That about says it all on that subject in our book.

So, nice place, but at $450/nt., we didn't see the real value.

Room Tip: Absolutely get a room as close to either end of the building (away from the ice machine and housekee...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Four Seasons Austin was amazing. The staff and overall hotel outlay made my trip extremely enjoyable. While I was there mainly for business I found the location easily accessible to Austin's night life.I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Both the river view and city views were amazing.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Samuel,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests feel welcomed and at home when on property so I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope we’ll see you again soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We booked the Four Seasons for a Mother Daughter Sorority get together. We did a block of 100 rooms on Friday and Saturday night. We held a Style Show in the Ballroom Friday night for 380 people. The Four Seasons did the whole event and it was fabulous. They were incredible. The event was fabulous. They were there to help us with anything we needed. I have stayed their
many times as a normal hotel guest and was treated the same. Whether it was a small group or a large group they will do anything you ask. Always where I stay in Austin. Location right on Town Lake is so worth the price you pay. No other hotel in Austin is in such a premier location.

Room Tip: Again the Lake is gorgeous and if they have any lake views available, it is so worth it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m thrilled to hear the attention and service of our staff helped make your sorority style show a successful one. Whether for another Mother-Daughter event or a simple weekend getaway, I hope you’ll visit the hotel again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is an older property that needs some serious updating. Classic four seasons decor but just old and outdated feeling. The phone on the wall of our bathroom looked like it was straight from the 80s. Our second day there they were cleaning carpets to the room next door to us and it reeked of a strong smelling chemical. On top of it, we asked for a quiet room, yet the staff kept opening and closing the doors and bumping into the walls making loud thuds during the process of that. Not relaxing at all or quiet. I understand they need to do maintenance; however it was quite disturbing when you are trying to nap off all the BBQ you just ate at the salt lick. The pool was small and needed to be cleaned badly. Lots of floating bugs. It was colder outside (low 70s) so maybe it got neglected since not as many people were using it; however, we did and it was a lackluster experience. Not one staff interaction while being down there, which is a problem. The lobby seating was overrun with families with small children. We wanted to get a drink but the bar was tiny and full. We ended up going downstairs to trio since we didn't want to be around loud children and couldn't get a seat at the bar. That was fine, but I would have preferred another option in the hotel.

I love four seasons and have had great experiences yet this property wasn't stellar like other four seasons I've been to. The staff didn't get to know us or greet us by name. It was just blah.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lauren S
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear lolofosh0sh0,
Thank you for sharing a few details about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I appreciate your feedback on the property and am pleased to advise you that we are currently in the design phases of a refresh that's anticipated to break ground this summer.

I was truly disappointed, however, to hear that our service was not up to par with your expectations as we pride ourselves on our staff and the personalized attention they provide. In particular, recognizing and getting to know our guests by name is something we usually excel at, so I will be following up personally to ensure this detail is given the importance it deserves going forward.

I would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a better experience based on your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of assistance now or in the future.