“Wonderful weekend in Austin”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderful weekend in Austin”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We brought some friends to visit Austin for the first time and they were blown away by both the city of Austin and the Four Seasons Hotel. The location, on the lake, was perfect and the Four Season staff were pleasant, attentive and helpful in every way. If you get a chance to dine in the restaurant, TRIO, with its' fun menu and wine list, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for the Lake view room - well worth it for the beautiful view and balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Typical Four Seasons service and staff friendliness and responsiveness. We had a super evening in the Trio bar ....food was exceptional and the wines were expensive but well worth the money.
We had a boys evening in the bar area and had a number of items from the bar menu. Overall the food was outstanding but of particular note were the scallops and crab cakes and the rib eyes and steak fries.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Need the perfect corporate offsite or client getaway in Austin, Texas? Then please look no further than the Four Seasons Hotel. You can do no wrong in choosing this picture-perfect location in the heart of downtown Austin. A beautiful hotel with the best staff on the planet, who will ensure and guarantee your executives, clients and employees will be well-cared for during their stay. Whether it's a room block for 10 or 150, the Four Seasons can handle it all with catering, A/V equipment and all the amenities needed for a successful conference or event. Did I mention that it's situated right along Lady Bird Lake? Well, it is and your guests and travelers can walk the trail and enjoy everything the facilities has to offer. Their friendly team will make your guests feel right at home all within the surroundings of a luxury hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dina B
Tustin, California
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Execution typical Four Seasons. Responsive staff. Good facilities. Location superb near downtown's dining establishments. Go for a room with a river view. Overlooks Lady Bird Park and the Texas Colorado River. Rooms comfortable with the expected amenities, but could not get the temperature regulated. Would love opening windows. At least they have firm pillows.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The staff at The Four Seasons made our wedding guests feel like it was their weekend too. They helped our guests with reservations and directions to Austin hot spots, gave us a block of rooms for our family and friends and treated all of us to an amazing stay. I have to make a point of saying that even though our wedding party was small and we didn't have a huge block of rooms it didn't seem to matter to anyone there. One woman in particular went out of her way to make sure my wife and family were taken care of and pampered. Christie Ingram is the large event groups sales manager and even though we did not quite fit that description she helped us smooth every issue that came up. Thank you the The Four Seasons staff and to Christie, You made our special event even better.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake are very romantic and quite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Scarsdale, New York
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We just spent a long weekend at The Four Seasons Hotel in Austin. We had gone there to meet our daughter and wanted to find a hotel that had a suite so that we could all share a larger space without having to get two separate rooms. The cost of finding two adjoining rooms in even the moderate priced hotels was almost as expensive as booking a suite. I did do some comparative shopping and while my initial reaction was not to spend as much as we did, I felt that if we were going to spend a few days together and fly a few thousand miles, why not stay in a hotel that is famous for pampering their guests. I liked the idea that it had a heated pool outside on their grounds and thought that my daughter might use the spa and health club facilities. The master bedroom had a king size bed and the living room area had a comfortable couch that opened into a queen size bed. While the suite only had one bathroom, it met our needs and if I had been asked if I wanted to spend more money for a larger room, with an extra bathroom, I doubt I would have wanted the added expense, even though I would have preferred that the bathroom had been part of our bedroom area, I didn't think to ask for a floor plan before booking!

My one complaint was that our room was next to a freight elevator and we could hear it whenever it made a stop on our floor or was moving up and down the building. One evening before going to bed, I timed how many times the elevator passed by our bedroom wall and it seemed to be every two minutes! Fortunately it only kept my wife and I awake when we first got into bed and while it was annoying it didn't ruin our vacation. Had I known that our bedroom shared a wall with the freight elevator, I might have considered paying a little more for another room. I did feel that for the cost of close to $500 a night, the hotel should try to rectify the problem. I imagine that for a cost, the elevator shaft could be lined with some kind of sound proofing material. Or the wall of the master bedroom could be altered in someway to buffer the noise. By the sound of the elevator it may also be old and in need of refurbishing. However, as you can see that while I found the noise to be a nuisance, I still gave The Four Seasons 5 Stars.

I never said anything about the noise to the staff, because there was nothing to do other than demand another room and by the time we arrived late Thursday night, we were too tired to do anything besides unpack and go to sleep. On Friday morning after a lovely breakfast on the hotel patio, that faces Lady Bird Lake we went for a walk on one of the many trials that surround the water. While we were out walking, my wife turned her ankle and we returned to the hotel. When i asked the concierge for some ice, she assured me they would bring an ice bag to the room. A few minutes later, one of the staff brought us a few disposable ice packs and Advil and then returned a few minutes later with some chocolate truffles and a note addressed to me and my wife wishing her a speedy recovery and only wishing that they had met us under different circumstances .The handwritten note was personally signed by the two members of their "risk management staff", Maybe the staff of The Four Seasons is encouraged to make every guest feel special, regardless of whether this was their first visit or are long term residents of the hotel, but I was impressed and moved by their thoughtfulness. I took a photo of the note, but I think the staff might be embarrassed if I posted it on this review. And the next day when I was inquiring whether to take a taxi to the ballet, one of the members fo the concierge staff, urged us to take one of their courtesy cars so that my wife wouldn't have to worry about any unnecessary strain to her ankle. The hotel was booked and I never saw the same staff person and yet, even without me identifying myself, somehow the attentive and incredibly skilled staff knew who we were!

Is the Four Seasons Hotel one of the more expensive hotels? No question about it, but for our hard earned dollars, the staff made our experience.(even with a noisy freight elevator and a sprained ankle) a wonderful way to spend a few days living luxuriously while vacationing in Austin Texas.

Room Tip: Although the photos of the hotel show it facing the Lady Bird River, if you don't ask for a room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I just returned home from a trip to Austin and my stay at the Four Seasons. This was my second visit to the hotel, and it once again did not disappoint. The staff are warm and friendly and always willing to help with advice on what to do and see in the city. I look forward to my next trip to Austin and I will again stay at the Four Seasons Austin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business