“Elegant Hotel with Excellent Restaurant, Service and Spa-Downtown Austin”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #8 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in Austin for a conference and stayed at the Four Seasons and had a wonderful peaceful stay. Being able to jog around the Lake was a huge plus. We had an amazing Dinner at TRIO. The beds are super comfortable- they property is clean and well kept. Staff Friendly, on-point, helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear MLL313,

I’m delighted to hear your recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin was a memorable one, thank you for taking the time to post your review. Being located on the banks of Lady Bird Lake is one of our hotels wonderful features we get to share with our guests and having the jogging trail so close is one of my personal favorite features. I’m so glad you enjoyed. Whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The location, setting, presence, attention to quality and detail are exceptional at the Four Seasons Austin. I have been going there for 10 years and have not had a complaint. Truly a 1st class experience.

Room Tip: Lakeside View side is spectacular with the view of Lady Bird Lake, conoes, joggers, bikers. We have...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HummerNewYork,

It’s always a good feeling to learn we continue to impress even our most seasoned travelers. I appreciate you taking the time to share a review about your most recent stay with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our attention to detail and quality is a great source of pride for our staff, so I’m delighted you take notice and comfort in them. Please visit us anytime; we’re happy to have you!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We scheduled our annual Supervisors Meeting for the end of November. I was put in contact with Megan, the catering manager, to plan for it. Though it was a small meeting, we had guests that were coming from out of town that were also going to stay at the hotel. Megan made everything VERY easy, from deciding what types of snacks/drinks we'd have at the meeting, to helping out with booking the rooms we needed. She even offered to have the concierge contact me regarding transportation to dinner for all of the guests. The meeting space was warm and the snacks were excellent. Everyone was extremely professional and made planning this meeting as easy as possible. I'd definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Bianca,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your annual Supervisors Meeting at Four Seasons Hotel Austin a smooth and easy one. Our staff prides themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so I am delighted to hear Megan took such great care of you. As the wonderful catering manager she is, Megan will be extremely flattered by your compliments, and I look forward to sharing them with her. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Last weekend I had my entire extended family from my mom's side down to Austin for the weekend. The whole crew stayed at the Four Seasons, and I heard nothing but outstanding things about the hotel and the staff!

The front drive manager has gotten to know my dad over the years and greeted him at the door. He then went out of his way to check my dad's accommodations and ensure he had the best available room. Talk about going above and beyond!

Later in Trio, we had a very nice lunch. The service was stellar, as always, and I was even surprised by a few new items on the menu. GET THE STEAK SALAD! We sat right by the windows and had a beautiful view of the lake on a gorgeous afternoon. It was a great way to catch up with everyone.

Lastly, I was really impressed with the holiday decor. Each year they do a ginger bread village in the front entry and auction them off for charity. Great cause and really is a fun way to decorate for the holidays.

I have been spending a lot more time at the hotel recently, and I must say it is one of my favorite upscale places in Austin. Whether it be lunch/dinner in Trio, drinks in the Lobby Lounge, or happy hour, the Four Seasons is second to none in Austin.

Room Tip: Lake side suites have a great view and you might even get to see the bats from your window!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Bressler31

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Austin. What a lovely review! I’m so pleased to learn that you and your family enjoyed your stay so much, and that you got the opportunity to visit during the holiday season. The gingerbread village is my favorite features of the holiday décor as well and this year, the Pastry team has really outdone themselves! I’m delighted you choose Four Seasons to host your family gathering and that we’re seeing you more often these days. It means a great deal that our local friends enjoy spending time with us; we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my absolute favorite hotel in Austin. It's located on the beautiful Colorado River Parkway that runs through downtown, with sweeping views of the river, beautiful landscaped corridor, and the old Constitution Avenue bridge, a.k.a. "The Bat Bridge", which is an attraction unto itself.

Room Tip: Be sure and request a river view room. Even if you haven't in advance, you can upgrade on arriv...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Walt,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Austin. I’m delighted to learn we are your favorite hotel in town-what a wonderful compliment! We are very grateful to have the location on Lady Bird Lake that we have, and to be able to share the special views with our guests. I hope you got a chance to see the bats fly while you were here; it’s quite a sight! Whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Perfect location, beautiful facility, the helpfulness of the concierge really puts this one over the top. Perfect for active couple and families who want to have access to jogging trails, kayaks and be able to walk to nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: If you like to jog, this is the perfect place. It sits right on a picturesque waterfront trail. Also...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our location on the banks of Lady Bird Lake is a truly special feature that we feel privileged to share with our guests-the running trail being one of my personal favorites, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Austin is home to a constant stream of marathons and races, hopefully we’ll see you again soon for one of these events, if not a leisure stay.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time staying in a hotel with my twin daughters and the staff at the Four Seasons were wonderful. The hotel accomodated our twins by providing cribs, baby-proofing the room, washing baby bottles and even providing milk and cookies at the end of the night. The hotel went far beyond anything my wife and I expected and we will definitely stay at this hotel when we return to Austin.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room and it was an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jason,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. It’s not always easy to travel with children, so we do our best to help our little guests and their parents have as smooth and easy a trip as possible. I’m delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to having you with us again in the future.