“Accommodations, Service, and Location AAA+++”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #7 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is my absolute favorite hotel in Austin. It's located on the beautiful Colorado River Parkway that runs through downtown, with sweeping views of the river, beautiful landscaped corridor, and the old Constitution Avenue bridge, a.k.a. "The Bat Bridge", which is an attraction unto itself.

Room Tip: Be sure and request a river view room. Even if you haven't in advance, you can upgrade on arriv...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Walt,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback on your recent stay at Four Seasons Austin. I’m delighted to learn we are your favorite hotel in town-what a wonderful compliment! We are very grateful to have the location on Lady Bird Lake that we have, and to be able to share the special views with our guests. I hope you got a chance to see the bats fly while you were here; it’s quite a sight! Whether for business or pleasure, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Rob Hagelberg

Write a ReviewReviews (1,904)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Perfect location, beautiful facility, the helpfulness of the concierge really puts this one over the top. Perfect for active couple and families who want to have access to jogging trails, kayaks and be able to walk to nearby restaurants.

Room Tip: If you like to jog, this is the perfect place. It sits right on a picturesque waterfront trail. Also...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our location on the banks of Lady Bird Lake is a truly special feature that we feel privileged to share with our guests-the running trail being one of my personal favorites, I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Austin is home to a constant stream of marathons and races, hopefully we’ll see you again soon for one of these events, if not a leisure stay.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was my first time staying in a hotel with my twin daughters and the staff at the Four Seasons were wonderful. The hotel accomodated our twins by providing cribs, baby-proofing the room, washing baby bottles and even providing milk and cookies at the end of the night. The hotel went far beyond anything my wife and I expected and we will definitely stay at this hotel when we return to Austin.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room and it was an excellent choice.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Jason,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. It’s not always easy to travel with children, so we do our best to help our little guests and their parents have as smooth and easy a trip as possible. I’m delighted to hear we exceeded your expectations! We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Quick and timely service when necessary. Great access to all that Austin has to offer both downtown and south of the river. Great scenery and ambiance created by the lake and landscape. An all around pleasant experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Mr. Meela,

Thank you for taking a moment to share some feedback about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. Our property means a great deal to us, with the views we provide and the location we keep, so I’m flattered on behalf of our staff that you found it enhanced your trip. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope you’ll visit us again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My employer sent me to Austin for official business, but this hotel made this effort seem so wonderful! The resturant Trio was amazing- the wine bar on my arrival was such a treat for a tired soul. Later in my stay, after a days work, I went to the spa, taking my dtr in law along for the experience. We both were so relaxed - and the happy hour discount was a plus for me. I have not mentioned the great room, awesome bed, and viewing the acitivities over Lady Bird Lake,including the daily sunset bats flying overhead from under the Congress Street Bridge. ( It's an Austin lovers paradise) The location was close to everything I needed. The staff was fantastic. Returning to reality was a bummer, work had never been so much fun.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake view! And take a stroll there even if you get street side.

Dear Indiansummer64,

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. And a work trip at that! I’m delighted you enjoyed the food in TRIO so much and that we could provide comfort for a “tired soul”. Traveling to a various cities for business can be taxing, I’m so pleased we could offer a spa experience to give you some reprieve from work! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Whether for business or pleasure, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My Husband and I just recently had our wedding reception at the Four Seasons Hotel in Austin, Texas. This was a wonderful experience! The staff was amazingly gracious and helpful. The catering staff was wonderful and worked with us to tailor our dinner to our dietary needs (my Husband and I are both Gluten Free). The food was incredible, and the waitstaff was very professional. The facility was beautiful, and we just cant say enough about this amazing hotel!

Vanessa and Brendan Flood

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Flood,

First let me say congratulations to you and your husband on your recent union! I’m so pleased you chose to spend your special day with us at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. And I’m delighted to hear our service left such a positive impression on you. Our catering and banquet teams work very hard to ensure perfection for our brides, right down to the last detail, so I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. Wishing you both a healthy and happy life together, may your paths find you back to visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our firm hosted two special events at the Four Seasons, Austin recently for our clients and could not have asked for better service. The service was impeccable from dealing with the catering staff to set the menus and provide a good layout to ensuring we had a great room block for our guests. And, everyone from the front desk to housekeeping was responsive, friendly and helpful. Look forward to booking our next event at the hotel.

Room Tip: There is nothing more spectacular than the view of Lady Bird Lake in the morning.

Dear Susan_ATX,

It was great to read your review of your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, thank you for taking the time to share. Our staff truly prides themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so I am delighted to learn you felt their efforts from Catering all the way to Housekeeping. I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff, as I know they will be happily received. We certainly hope to see you again for your next event- there is always a room overlooking Lady Bird Lake waiting! I agree, the view in the morning is hard to beat!