“Not cheap but a solid 5 star hotel”

Four Seasons Hotel Austin
Ranked #9 of 201 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersBronze level
UK
“Not cheap but a solid 5 star hotel”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Spent 3 nights here at a conference in the hotel.

Good location and nice lake views.

Check-in easy. Room good size and well appointed.

Shame no tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms.

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Lake view is worth it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Matt,
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin! I was pleased to read your positive comments about the Hotel's location, rooms and view, but most of all to hear you say you'd stay with us again.

I sincerely hope another Austin visit is in your future and wanted to let you know we've noted in your profile that you'd like a coffee/tea maker in your room on subsequent stays. This is a complimentary amenity available to guests upon request so I'm sorry we didn't realize earlier that it would make your stay more enjoyable. Next time I assure you it will be there!

Until then, please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other feedback or if there's anything else we may do to personalize your next stay.

Rob Hagelberg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

What other hotel would you stay at - there is not rival to the Four Seasons when visiting Austin, any place else is a compromise.

I've stayed here for both business and pleasure, with my wife and family and alone. It is the most comfortable, hospitable Four Seasons on the planet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Jim

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback about your recent getaway to Four Seasons Hotel Austin. I’m delighted you enjoyed the service during your stay; our employees pride themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so your compliments mean a lot. I will be sure to pass them along. I, too, like to think we are the best Four Seasons hotel on the planet, but then I'm a bit biased-it's wonderful to hear when someone else agrees! Come back and visit us anytime; we look forward to having you.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Four Seasons in downtown Austin. From start to finish everything was just about flawless, it was a great experience. We chose this venue for the gorgeous outdoor space overlooking the lake, well appointed interior space, legendary Four Seasons service, the included wedding night stay in a suite at the hotel, and great location from all the fun downtown has to offer.

Meredith Hill was our point of contact and coordinator, and she did an absolutely amazing job responding promptly to emails and phone calls, making great suggestions, and accommodating special requests. The day of Meredith and the staff worked tirelessly to make sure everything was executed according to the schedule. We hired great vendors which definitely helped make the experience great, but Meredith and staff were the glue that made everything run seamlessly.

As I said before the property is beautiful, and between the bar, spa, restaurant, outdoor area, etc. there is little reason to leave. But if one were so inclined, it is minutes away from downtown Austin fun, so that guests can explore and do as they please after the reception.

Amazing experience overall. Thanks Meredith!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear DelPiero12,

First of all I’d like to say congratulations! I’m delighted to hear your big day was as you’d hoped it to be. Our property means a great deal to us, with the views we provide and the grounds we keep, so I’m flattered on behalf of our staff that it aided in your special experience. Meredith Hill loves the work she does and the people she gets to meet along the way, so I know she will be happy to hear your compliments-I look forward to sharing them with her. It means a lot to me to hear your experience at the Four Seasons Austin lent itself to an already perfect vision of your wedding day and I hope you and your family will visit us again in the future. A one-year anniversary, perhaps? Congratulations again!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Austin Four Seasons is absolutely the best hotel in Austin. Stay here for both personal and business trips and you will treated like a Queen or King. The staff is the best: from the parking valets (love George), front desk, bar & restaurant staff, sales (Ashley is the best) staff and the conference services staff (love Marji). Everyone is professional and there to make sure you have everything you need!

Hotel is in a great location downtown close to great restaurants and bars, but you don't even have to leave the hotel to have the best meal in town. Go to TRIO for dinner (let Mark select your wines) and the brunch is wonderful!!! Favorite new item on the dinner menu is the brussel sprouts.

Room Tip: Everyone always wants a room on the lake to see the bats, but I also love the rooms with a city view...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dscarbo
Dear dscarbo,

It was great to read your review of your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, thank you for taking the time to share. Our staff truly prides themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so I am truly delighted to hear you felt like royalty during your stay. I will be sure to thank George, Ashley and Marji on your behalf; I know they will be flattered by your compliments. If you experienced a wine pairing by Mark in TRIO, then I know it was memorable, he is extremely talented and I agree, the brussel sprouts are fantastic my favorite item on the new menu, too! It makes my day when guests take the time to send us positive feedback, thank you once again. Whether for business or pleasure, I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel numerous times and it always is a pleasure. It starts with the guys out front! They are efficient and helpful and seem to be pleasant EVEN when they are slammed with cars and people and luggage!!! The ambiance of this particular Four Seasons is warming and Texan all the way! It happened to be a football weekend (UT vs WV....we almost had 'em though!!) so the hotel was decked out in it's BEST orange!! It was also busy BUT the vibe was just plain old FUN!! The bar can get crowded and I'm not so crazy about how they have it set up seating wise...if you don't get a little table, then you are sort of left to just stand around- would be nice if they had more "up" tables and bar stools. The weather was GREAT so we were able to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL grounds! It really is worth every penny to stay here. Beds were super-d-duper comfy. (have you guys done something different to them cuz they were more comfy then I remember??) My kids ordered room service in their room AND it came in a timely manner and looked YUM!! They had no complaints!! Papers delivered every morning. Coffee in lobby. Just very relaxing!! Haven't stayed anywhere in Austin in a LONG time and have no desire to either!!! Just a great time! Thanks Four Seasons staff!

Room Tip: Having a room with the step out balcony is worth it on the lake side!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Ann,

Thank you for taking a moment to share some feedback about your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Austin. It's a great feeling to learn that we can still exceed the expectations of even our return guests. I’m delighted you enjoyed the service during your stay; our employees pride themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so your compliments really mean a lot. Admittedly, the beds are one of my favorite features too- no, we haven’t done anything to change them-so I’m happy to hear you slept well! Our property means a great deal to us, with the views we provide and the grounds we keep, and I’m flattered on behalf of our staff that you noticed and enjoyed. I always appreciate it when guests take the time to send us positive feedback, so I look forward to passing along your compliments to the staff. We certainly hope you will visit us again in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Overall a very good property for both personal and business purposes. The pros to this are location, views, staff and well appointed rooms. My recent stay involved being part of a meeting planning team. The convention services staff are very professional and accommodating. The following people are an asset and should be recognized Sarah H. (CSM), Karen K (Guest Services), Liz and Daisy (Concierge), Ricardo & Jay (Bellstaff), front desk and valet staff.

I was able to enjoy an evening in the lounge bar area and I must say it is one of the warmest and more inviting I've come across in a long time. It truly does call you to come in and is comfortable both during the day and evening. Mornings are great along with the complimentary coffee service. The food in the bar/lounge was one of our better meals in Austin and by far FRIENDLIEST staff wise. I have been a fan of Austin for some time but this trip left a different taste in my mouth over any others, a slightly bitter one.

We enjoyed 2 breakfasts at TRIO their migas were fantastic and the fresh juice combinations daily were great, loved the cucumber/honeydew was delicious and refreshing.

Room Tip: Lady Bird Lake (funny looks like a river) views are nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear TwinFoodie

I’m so pleased to hear we helped make your trip to Four Seasons Hotel Austin a memorable one. What a great review! I appreciate the comments about our service, location, even the views, and I’m happy they contributed to the quality of your stay. Our staff truly prides themselves on being helpful and accommodating in every way so I will share your compliments with Sarah, Karen, Liz, Daisy, Ricardo and Jay personally, they will be most appreciative. We do our best to create and warm and welcoming environment at our property and I couldn’t be more pleased that you felt so at home. I, too, love the fresh juice combinations in TRIO; they are one of my favorite menu items! Again, I sincerely appreciate it when guests take the time to send us positive feedback, so I look forward to sharing your compliments with the staff. I hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have stayed at this property several times and always recommend it when someone mentions they are going to Austin. From the moment you arrive to the time you leave, impeccable start to finish. I love to walk or just sit out back,it's very serene. If you're there during bat season, it's unbelievable to watch at sunset. Don't miss it! Enjoy~

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Nikitaager
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Nikitaager,

It was great to read your review of your recent experience at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, thank you for taking the time to share. I appreciate the comments about our service, location, even the views, and I’m happy they contributed to the quality of your stay. I sincerely appreciate your recommending our property, hearing this makes my day! Come as often as you’d like, we’re happy to have you.