“Love FS Austin”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Love FS Austin”
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Any Four Seasons is a great stay...but there's something about FS Austin that is just a nice getaway. The staff is exceptionally courteous, and the rooms and view are great. Not to mention the always comfortable FS bedding. Four Seasons is definitely my favorite hotel in Austin.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (573)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Stayed here for a business conference for a week. Didn't arrive until almost midnight the day of check-in. Valet was excellent.

Checked in at front desk with one of my friends who was also staying there. He got his room key and was on his way. I was chatting with another friend and didn't check-in right away. My friend came back shocked because he was given the key to a room with someone already in it. We all had a good laugh.

I then checked-in and went to my room. As soon as I entered a man started screaming at me to get out (this is why I always use the deadbolt!). Anyway - went to the front desk and told them they once again gave a room key to an already occupied room. Not at all what I would expect at the Four Seasons.

Housekeeping was fantastic the entire week!!! Can't say enough about them. Only downer was that there is no treat on your pillow after turn-down :(

Service in the bar was also excellent. Conference food was very good.

Would have given it a 4 out of 5 but I could not get past the check-in issues.

2 Thank sjhanlon
fsaustin, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Austin, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the food during your conference and I'll be sure to share your positive comments with both the Housekeeping and Lobby Lounge staff.

I am however, extremely disappointed to hear of the situation with the room keys for both you and your colleague and I sincerely apologize for this error and want you to know that the hotel is taking this incident very seriously. After learning of your experience, we have re-examined our check-in procedures and taken steps to ensure such an occurrence does not happen again in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Austin.

Rob Hagelberg
-----------
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 22, 2011

If you going to Austin, this is the place to stay.
The staff is great.
Trio is a great place for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Walking distance to town and a bit further to the Capitol.
The Concierge service is wonderful and they will help with day trips or a rental car.
Plenty of good BBQ near by and Austin has great trails for walking or running.
If you are a foodie, it is worth noting that Whole Food is based here and the Austin store is a sight to be seen.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Gulfport
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I've always dreamed at staying at a hotel the caliber of the Four Seasons. I surely wasn't disappointed when I stayed here. A couple friends & I stayed here during a weekend shopping trip to San Marcos (only 30 mins away on I-35 S). From the valet helping us out of car and with our bags to the front reception desk staff, everyone was friendly. And, it seemed genuine. The room looked very nice, bathroom and all. Although some desired TV stations were missing (which I notified the front desk about), there was a variety of channels to view. The beds felt wonderful - they swallowed us. When we requested a rollaway bed, it was promptly brought to us and set up quickly. When one of us needed our leftover dinner reheated, the kitchen staff came to get the meal, heated it in the kitchen, and set it up on a tray with a plate and utensils as if the food was originally from the hotel. We were offered evening turndown service, but politely refused it. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Everyone at the four seasons is friendly and beyond helpful. The staff make you feel as you are the most important guest at the hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds are delightfully comfortable. I love the l'occtaine shampoo and conditioner. The hotel is located right off of a running trail which makes it great to exercise yet doesn't cause unwanted guests. Be sure to stay for Sunday brunch. It's the best Austin has to offer! I can't wait until my husband surprises me with a trip again.

• Stayed May 2011
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I recently spent 4 nights at my favorite hotel- Four Seasons, Austin, TX - and was absolutely blown away by the consistency of the quality and attention to detail by its management and staff. Every aspect of my stay from check in to check out was handled with a smile and made me feel as if I was the most important guest on the property. However, I am certain that other guests received similar treatment. The pool and spa services were fantastic and as always the food was remarkable. And I cannot say enough about the staff- always helpful and always working hard to ensure a pleasant stay.

Denton, Texas
Reviewed August 17, 2011

From drive up - to drive out - all staff was friendly, professional, courteous, helpful and seemed genuinely glad that I was staying with them for my visit. All services by all areas of the hotel was excellent throughout my stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good