“Austin's Own Irish Hospitality”
Review of Fado Irish Pub

Fado Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #328 of 3,833 Restaurants in Austin
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Colorado and Lavaca
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love Fado's, hands-down. It's dark, warm and cozy as you would expect of an Irish pub (or English or Scottish pub, for that matter). It is one of the few places in Austin where you can rely on catching a game of footie, even at 6am on a Sunday morning, thanks to the time difference. Do not worry, the pints will be waiting for you on game days even if the sun hasn't yet come up. The food is actually really good, but I think it's a little over-priced. It is my go-to place for any Premiere League games (Man U vs. Liverpool always brings out a great crowd!) and they never fail to show all matches between Barca and Real Madrid. They have a ton of imports on tap (see their website), and when the weather is nice, you can enjoy the outdoor patio. Weekend nights include live music (sometimes a cover, but minimal) until 2am. The Blaggards are always a good time if you get the chance to catch their show at Fado's. It's casual and laid-back, and the bartenders are always friendly.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Cozy ambiance but the food is very average. I got a dirty set of cutlery and our wait staff seemed to know this as soon as I held up my set. Evidently this happens here quite a bit! Not much of anything for a vegetarian.
Would I return? NO.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Most pubs we've visited (and we visit pubs wherever we go on vacation) are locally owned and have a genuine homey feel. Fado is nothing like that. It is a manufactured pub "experience." Now, there is nothing wrong with this. It is a VERY cool place and it was the only restaurant/pub that we visited twice while in Austin. It has separate alcoves/nooks (whatever) around a central bar. Each nook is a little different with quaint booths in one area, fireplace in another, etc. Between us, we had 7 different dishes--all were great and well presented. We also ordered 6 or 7 different draught beers. Each brand of beer was served in a glass specific to that beer. If you order a Guinness, it comes in a Guinness branded glass. If you order a Smithwicks, or Hoegarden, or Carlsberg, you get a different glass for each. I point that out as an example of how every detail in Fado is covered in order to present the ultimate pub experience. It would not surprise me to find out that they send their cooks to Ireland to train. It's a great place and highly recommended.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nice little Irish bar off 4th street. Huge selection of beer and great atmosphere! Try one of the "Boxties" on the menu. Fantastic! Highly recommend.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a great place to watch the Texas football game (or Rugby game) and have dinner. Not too loud like a sports bar, it has a cozy laid back feel to it. The food was great, I would recommend the lamb sandwich. I had never had lamb before but it was delicious. Very comfortable setting, they do have a patio with live music also. Food priced in the $9-$16 range. Staff was very helpful, give it a try.

Been to Fado Irish Pub? Share your experiences!