Adams House Bed and Breakfast
$219
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$142
$123
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
The Driskill(Austin)
$241
$219
  • Restaurant
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
All reviewsquiet neighborhoodbeautiful hyde parkhomemade baked goodscoffee shop and bakeryincluded fresh fruitbeautiful bedinn keeperscontinental clubdaily breakfastthoroughly enjoyed my stayyogurtvisited austinwithin walking distanceexcellent breakfastfour nightsgreat place to staymini fridge
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Great location, great breakfasts, great owners/hosts.
Liz and Eric are the best. Look no further, you won't be disappointed.
They are super helpful, offer great ideas on where to eat, what to do and more.
We'll be back.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Everything was terrific. The neighborhood, place, room, breafast, but most of all, Eric's help with places to eat, to hear music, to see museums, and even to take bat boats was quite incredible. We didn't have a car and really enjoyed taking the bus (It was easy). Hyde Park neighborhood has great dining options. One of the best bed and breakfasts my husband and I have ever been in.

1  Thank BetseyDenver
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This B & B is in a lovely old timber home in an historic suburban neighbourhood of Austin. Some B & Bs overdo the coloniana but this one is simply and beautifully decorated with bare floorboards, paintings and antiques. There is a bungalow room and the rest of the rooms are close together upstairs, so you will run into other guests coming and going and sitting down to breakfast, which is nice. Adams House is run by a young couple who really went out of their way to be helpful. For example, they found me a room at another hotel for the weekend when they couldn't fit me in. There are some very good restaurants a couple of blocks away, a laundromat, etc and the bus service made for a quick ride downtown to the university where I was working. The only minor downside was that I was suffering from jetlag and found there was too much light coming in from the shuttered windows. I highly recommend Eric's excellent breakfasts! Good value and a good place to stay in Austin.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2011

We were so impressed with the wonderful innkeepers of the Adams House before we even arrived. This was our first visit to Austin, we were in town for a limited amount of time, and my husband and I wanted to make the most out of our short stay. Eric and Liz were both in contact with us ahead of our trip, giving us many recommendations in order to help us better plan our trip. Eric even emailed a friend with special knowledge of (vegetarian-friendly) restaurants in San Antonio! They could not have been more generous with their knowledge of the city and surrounding area. When we did finally arrive, we enjoyed several of their recommendations. Liz even printed out a bus schedule so that we could easily find one of the restaurants she recommended (Guero's on South Congress...so much fun!). They really went out of their way for us (and it wasn't just in response to requests - they obviously care about their guests and anticipated the information we might need or appreciate, without being overbearing or intrusive in the slightest). The house itself was beautiful, breakfast was delicious, and we loved their adorable dogs! Before coming to Austin, we were worried that Hyde Park would be too far from downtown, but we found that it was the perfect base from which to explore the city, quiet and safe yet close to everything. We had rented a car, but found public transportation in Austin to be so easy, inexpensive, and convenient that we often used it instead. Parking was free and plentiful around the Inn. There was plenty to do in the neighborhood, as well. We hope to return to Austin and we will certainly be reserving a room at the Adams House when we do! Thank you, Eric and Liz!

2  Thank rdumsp
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The Adams House is a beautiful house in a lovely, quiet neighbourhood. Liz and Eric are the kindest hosts who went out of their way to make my (long) stay comfortable and enjoyable, and made me feel very welcome. They were a font of knowledge about things to see and do in Austin. My room (Hyde Park) was comfortable, clean and homely. Breakfast was delicious in the week; the weekend breakfasts were especially fantastic and I met some really interesting people.
The local shops and restaurants are lovely; only two blocks away from the Adams House, as is the bus stop! Austin is a great city but it was the Adams House that made my stay so great. I'd highly recommend staying at here; I will be staying on my next trip to Austin.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business