Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, United States
“Stinky”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The water at this hotel was horrid. It smelled like sewage water and this in turn made all the linens stink. I was so glad to get home and take another shower to get the smell off. Also there is ONLY valet parking at this hotel. You are pretty much forced to pay their $28 a night and you can not access your car. Their valet team will for you but you yourself can not.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Paul H
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Paul H,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fallen short. I am sharing this with the other departments so we are able take the necessary corrective measures to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience.

Again, thank you for your review.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
LA, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The hotel has goals of adequacy and fulfills them. Obviously, an older hotel converted. The location is good and within walking distance of downtown. The staff was friendly and tried hard. Value/Price was not quite there.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Robert E,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. We strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests and I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations. Should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, I hope you will give us another try. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to call me directly.

Again, thank you for your review.

Always at your service;
Gonzales, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Upon arrival I had to unload my luggage which is fine but i was struggling with a few pieces and a little help would have been nice. I was then told to return the cart when I was done. Upon getting into my room there was a large wet spot on the ground. I was rushed out at check out and didn't enjoy the service one would expect from Hilton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Tania J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have passed your comments along to the staff to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Rooms were nice and bathrooms updated with granite countertops. Staff were very pleasant and reponsive. Valet was $28/night... not too unreasonable. Go ahead and sign up for a Hilton Honors card. It's free and you get complimentary wi-fi.

This hotel is right off I-35 downtown. It's not too hard to find and fairly easy to get back onto the interstate once you figure out all the one-way streets. It's walking distance to 6th street and its restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: I had a room on the west side overlooking the state capital. The west or north sides would both hav...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Gubes,

Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review about your recent stay at the HIlton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. It is always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. If I can of of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me directly.

Hartford, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed just one night on business. My room was clean and comfortable and had a lovely view of the capitol building. Staff at check in was very friendly. Breakfast offered upstairs was very good and much better than many hotel breakfast buffets that I've had. My only complaint was there was a band playing late into the night that kept me awake. I think it was on the street so definitely not the hotel's fault and this is the live music capitol of the world. Bring your earplugs just in case. Other than that my room was very quiet the rest of the time. Staff helped me grab a cab to the airport when I left. I would stay at this hotel again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear ccpeters,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to call me directly.

Gerroa, Australia
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Two Hilton's to consider. I was at this one for a conference. Everything was above average and the conference and business facilities were excellent. Thanks to the very helpful staff. A comfortable stay at a great rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Losrobos,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. We strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future, please feel free to call me directly.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My family came down to Austin for the Thanksgiving game between Texas/Texas Tech. This is our (now) annual custom. For many years we would spend Thanksgiving in the State Parking Garage just every other year. I was totally satisfied with the Hilton Garden. It's location to the school, downtown dining and easy access to freeway - all excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Darla W,