“Convenient location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Tempe, Arizona
“Convenient location”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to the FFF Fest which was at Auditorium Shores. The hotel was in a great location compared to the fest and the after parties. (also very close to the convention center if traveling for work)

6th street is very close. The upscale downtown is close too.

Cons: no safe and the bar next door was very loud at night

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear WWPaci,

We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Michele Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Meitar, Israel
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very clean. Big rooms. The staff is very friendly.
I did not like that in such hotel they do not have glass cups in the room. Also no safe and shoe shine pad.
The breakfast is fair.
If you R Hhonor you get free wi fi. If not need to pay.
In genetal liked it.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Dear Itain,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary wifi which is available to all of our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area. if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.

Coronado
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We just got back from the hilton after a girls weekend. Aundre McCullen at the front desk made our visit perfect! He gave us fabulous recommendations for things to do and restaurants to dine at. He also made our stay so enjoyable with special personal touches he provided for us. Our room was beautiful and very clean. Great views and very close to everything that Austin has to offer. Thank you Aundre and the Hilton for a perfect weekend!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear CoronadoSha,

Gainesville, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This hotel is at a great location if your destination is 6th street. I arrived at lunch time and asked where was a good spot for lunch. I was directed to 6th street...not really a good recommendation for a woman on her own. 6th street is full of bars, most not even open at lunch. It would have been nice to know the hotel had a restaurant on the top floor before I headed out and walked up and down 6th street. It was also a bit of a hike to get to Congress street (to see the bats on the bridge at dusk), and to attend customer meetings downtown. The main part of the room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom is the part that needs updating - wallpaper was curling and the ceiling had some patches that looked in the midst of half-done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Susan C,

Tthank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We're so glad that you found our location to be desirable. We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. Our restaurant is open for breakfast and dinner only, therefore, you were directed to 6th Street for lunch; I apologize that our recommendation made you feel uncomforatable as a woman traveling on her own. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Assistant General Manager
Manchester
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Firstly, I have to say that any disappointment I feel with my stay here is not in any way staff-related. To a person, everybody I dealt with at the hotel was very helpful, friendly etc..

Check in was smooth enough, it's valet parking only so out of the car, luggage on a trolly and straight into reception. I had a little wait, but the hotel was busy and so, well, that's the way it is sometimes.

.. and, whist I remember, as it gets busy at times, it's best to factor this in when (for instance) you need your car retrieved by the valet..

The room was, well, I'd say it was OK. My rate wasn't cheap and the room I was allocated seemed a little dated and in need of a good freshen up. I got the impression that, being in a conference area, the rooms get used a lot and so it's important to keep on top of things. Everything worked, but it seemed a little tired and jaded.

I was by an elevator and, I have to say, they was some associated noise impact from that. My normal preference to be away from elevators is normally passed through with the booking but I guess that, this time, that accommodation wasn't possible.

I could not get on with the adjustable bed that was in the room (AFAIK some GI's have moved away from this?) and whatever setting I set it at seemed to mean I was stuck on one side, unable to roll on to the other side as the side I was on had set to me. If I put my side on soft, rolling over to the other felt like rolling up a hill..!!

Breakfast was pretty good and tasty and, again, good staff (not sure what value $$, though, because I get it free as Diamond Honours). The high floor location of the dining room is nice and you can look out over the city.

Location was OK. Right next to the main highway, easy enough to find, and within walking distance to all I needed. Desk staff helpful with recommendations.

Overall, the staff are great, but I would't really be tempted to stay here again unless it was fully refurbished or I got a really cheap rate…

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Juninho_pp,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We're so glad that you found our location to be desirable! We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Assistant General Manager
Charlottesville, United States
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel is in a quiet location and has comfortable beds. Nice resturaunt with a beautiful view and a buffet breakfast. Room could use a real bureau and bathroom could use a fan/vent for the steam. Helpful friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank Betty L. N
Dear Betty L.N,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The beds are fantastic, though I'm not sure there's anything totally different about this hotel as opposed to others in the area that are slightly cheaper. It's very nice, very comfy, free Wi-Fi (which was great!), nice view, and it's on 6th Street. But you're probably paying more for the name than the amenities. Would've been nice if they had food available longer in the day and if the pool could fit more than 3 people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Danny M,