“Bit expensive, but comfy!”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #47 of 200 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, United States
“Bit expensive, but comfy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

The beds are fantastic, though I'm not sure there's anything totally different about this hotel as opposed to others in the area that are slightly cheaper. It's very nice, very comfy, free Wi-Fi (which was great!), nice view, and it's on 6th Street. But you're probably paying more for the name than the amenities. Would've been nice if they had food available longer in the day and if the pool could fit more than 3 people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Danny M,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.
Michele Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Potomac,MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

The hotel is clean and comfortable with a amazingly friendly and halpful staff. Only glitch was that parking was not free as originally stated which was Expedia problem. The hotel was wiling to waive the fee had I booked through them. And not expedia. Breakfasts great, clean hotel and super friendly. Staff

Room Tip: Don't take one overlooking the interior courtyard. I like to see if it is sunny or cloudy in the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear psdunner,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I was hoping this hotel was going to be near 6th street and it's right outside the door. Meaning you can easily eat and drink anything/everything you can imagine and never need to get in a car. The trip from the airport to the hotel was only about 15 minutes. The room was a great size, and the staff was nice. With the hotel being so close to all of the bars, I expected it to be loud as the nights went on, but it was never a problem at all. The only bad thing I found about the hotel was the breakfast buffet. The view from the restaurant is amazing, but the breakfast food was definitely a letdown. I would definitely stay here again. I would just eat elsewhere.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear MLNC,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown. It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests. We take tremendous pride in the service and quality of our hotel. However, I am disappointed to learn that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. Reviews like yours are the ones that help us improve in areas where we have fallen short. Again, thank you for your review. If there is anything I can do for you in the future, please don't hestitate to call me directly.

Assistant General Manager
Dallas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family has been staying at Hilton family hotels for years. When we travel, we always know that as long as a Hilton family hotel is in the area, we'll have a great place to stay. This was not the case in Austin, TX. The staff was incredibly rude to us. They were not helpful during check-in, they sold us a broken umbrella and then blamed us for the rip, and did not honor our Hilton rewards. The location and the room were nice, but not worth the disrespect we received. I would not recommend this hotel to friend or foe.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Stephanie M,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. We're so glad that you found our location to be desirable! We always try to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our normally high standards. I have passed your comments along to the staff to make sure this does not happen again. Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Best regards,

Blake Doran
Amesbury, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I tagged along on my husbands business trip to check out Austin. The location is perfect to 6th St. I was able to walk everywhere. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The restaurant breakfast was great, service excellent. At night, loved the bartender, she was awesome. Can't beat the view from the restaurant. Our room had everything we needed. If I get to visit again, I would gladly stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Tracy K,

ASsistant General Manager
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The people were great. The hotel is near the convention center and the Austin downtown Hilton, so it was walking distance for everything I needed to do. However, the mattress on the bed sagged and the water temperature never got very hot which makes showering a drag.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Laura N,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests. I sincerely apologize for the areas where we fell short of 100% guest satisfaction. I have shared this review with the team in effort to improve on opportunites we have missed.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent service and all the staff were very accommodating. The room was very clean and in good condition and great amenities. The food in the restaurant is TOP NOTCH and even the breakfast its a wow!. All employees deserves a bonus! Good job guys!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo