“Overpriced but nice”

Ranked #47 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
“Overpriced but nice”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights while attending a business conference. Hotel is clean- staff not overly friendly. Check-in was fast but again, front desk female registration clerk was not friendly and leaned to the snooty side. Rooms are nice, not overly huge but big enough. Bathrooms were cleaned and updated. No refrigerator in rooms except for mini bar. I'm a Hilton Honors member and usually receive complimentary newspaper and bottled water daily but this was not the case here. Food served by the hotel was very good. Beds and furnishings for beds are above quality levels. Location of the hotel is convenient to 6th street and we were able to easily walk to several restaurants as well as check out the people watching on 6th which is always entertaining. Parking is expensive--self park is over $20 a night but it's a covered parking garage and elevator access to the hotel was easy to reach. I think valet parking is close or at $30.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear DKLT,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown,
It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.

Michele Thomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
El Paso, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My dinner experience was awful. I was directed to go into the bar area to order dinner. I waited 15minutes and was never acknowledged. I got up and went into the dining area and ordered dinner and waited 45 minutes befor I got up and left. there were 3 other people in the restaurant.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Russ V,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fallen short, I am sharing this with the other departments so that we can take the necessary corrective measures to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience.
Again thank you for your review.

Always at your service;
Assistant General Manager
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference and I loved that it was close to everything I needed. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast buffet was delicious, and when we were looking for pizza delivery at 1:30 am, the staff made it happen.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Trish D,

kingston
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just passing through Austin we decided to stay. As it was Pecan Fest weekend which we were unaware of, hotels were down to their last rooms. We got the 10th Floor overlooking 6th St. Wonderful view. Parking is $28, valet only. We are assuming it was added into our bill as we didnt have to pay it on leaving.
Breakfast is $12.95 on 18th floor, NOT included in the room stay unless your a Hilton Honours member.

Room Tip: Room 10-02 overlooks 6th St.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Tammybaxter,

Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and was very pleased with the staff and service. I would stay here again. The staff was super nice and helpful. I think the $28.00 per day for parking is excessive but that would be my only complaint. On the other hand, the valet crew was awesome and courteous.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Stacey H,

Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just wanted to share that my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn on the 20th was perfect! When I arrived, the valet service greeted me promptly. The friendly front desk agent, whose name I think was Mustafa, was able to get me a room in a great location! The breakfast in the morning was also delicious with a nice view of the city. Upon check out, we called for our car from valet and it was ready by the time we got downstairs. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. I recommend this hotel to others. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance from attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michele T, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Victoriat01,

Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The room was okay - kinda small, but kept clean. The property sure could use renovation, particularly the hallway carpets. My service animal thought there were great scents in the hallway which means the carpets likely haven't been cleaned much. Staff was excellent and this is an easy hit to downtown Austin's pleasures. I find the $28 nightly fee for parking usurious but was lucky enough to score parking on the street. While I was a guest of a business associate, I did get to see the cost of the room and found it a bit on the pricey side as well. The morning breakfast is great and the view from the 18th floor dining area is majestic. Looked like the pool was neat (rained during my stay) and wish I could have had time to check it out.

Room Tip: if you book a room on the inner corridor, you'll never know what the weather's like outside...