“Extremely Satisfied”

GreenLeadersGold level
houston, United States
“Extremely Satisfied”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel provided me with the perfect stay. I brought my lady friend here for her birthday. From the moment we arrived we were treated politely, courteously, and made to feel important. The hotel is located in between 5th And 6th streets in downtown Austin which was absolutely perfect. The hotel has a really nice bar and restaurant on the 16th floor with a great view of downtown Austin. I will be back

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Robert R,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review about you stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown,
It's always refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue to strive to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests.
We look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to call me.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Lancaster, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn exceeded my expectations in quality and service. The location of the hotel was great. It is right next to Sixth street, so you can unwind and have some fun. I was extremely surprised by the quietness of the room, due to the fact that we were next to Sixth St and the Interstate 35. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Jose A
Dear Jose,

austin, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The service was so accommodating and they made me feel welcomed. The hotel it self is beautiful, clean, comfortable and inviting. From service to the rooms they exceeded my expectations. Very reasonably priced for the experience provided which was FIVE STAR! Very satisfied and I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jane K,

Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Good location if you like to party the night away and are not bothered by highway noise, bands and over all noise that comes with said partying. Being that we don't (flt crew ) I'd say it was ok to stay but won't next time. The room was ok, average on all levels. The food was marginal including the so called breakfast buffet. Service is average nothing special. Over all, not a bad place to stay, unless you NEED to sleep, then I'd give it a pass.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Albyfli

Stephenville
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My son and his wife planned their wedding reception at this hotel. They had blocked several rooms for the guests to stay. The rooms were very nice and clean. The stay was extremely helpful during the checkin and checkout process. The staff helping at the reception provided excellent service in providing the meals, cleaning up the plates, filling up the glasses with water, tea, etc. The bartenders were quick with filling up the drinks for the guests. I would recommend this place for your wedding event.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recent trip to this hotel was pleasant, helpful staff and nice rooms. Be sure to include the breakfast buffet which is included in some room packages. The variety and quality is outstanding. The view from the restaurant overlooks downtown Austin and is spectacular. The rest of the day the menu is limited and ok.
Although the hotel is located down town there really is not much to do without a car during the day (no shopping,but a few interesting buildings including the capital.) At night you are walking distance to the many bars playing live music and it is a wild scene.

Room Tip: Interior rooms around the atrium are quieter than those facing the freeway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Phals,

Bakersfield, California
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This property is well located in Austin. The party and music scene of 6th street is a 3 minute walk. The hotel itself is attractive, clean, and well appointed with many modern touches in each of the spacious rooms. Rates are very reasonable for a downtown hotel. The staff was extremely helpful; check in was quick. I used the valet parking and the bell staff literally ran to insure cars were brought to the front in an expeditious manner.

If I have a criticism it is that the business center computers are a bit slow when trying to print airline boarding passes. Other than that this was an outstanding experience and I travel regularly for my work.

Room Tip: "Outside" rooms on the upper levels afford outstanding views but the "inside" ro...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business