Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Bynum, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Although our room was on the 17th floor and when we arrived our room was warm. Never really got the temp down even at night for a comfortable sleep (I like my room cool at night). Otherwise staff was very friendly and ready to help us with whatever. I will come back to this Hilton.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Justin,
Thanks for taking the time to post the review of your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, I do apologize for the fact that your air conditioner was not cooling the way you liked it to be, I have looked up your reservation and we are having our maintenance engineers check the rooms that you occupied so that corrective can be taken.
We continue in striving to provide a friendly, safe and clean environment for all our guests, I do hope that if your travels should bring you back to the Austin area you will allow us the opportunity to be of service to you. If i can be of further assistance with future accommodations please let me know.
Always at your Service;

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The Staff were awesome! Everyone was very friendly and spoke to you. Room was clean and overlooked 6 street. Great restaurant on 18th floor and what a view!! Great excersise room with nice view of stream. I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Ironman91
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Ironman,
Thank you for taking the time to post your favorable 5 star review, it's always refreshing to learn whne we have met and exceeded our guest expectations.
We continue to strive on providing a friendly, clean and safe environment for our guests, we believe our location is ideal for either the business or leisure traveller.
I look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance with future accommodations please let me know.

Front Office Manger
Houston, TX
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two nights with my wife after getting a great rate from a discount website. The location of the hotel is nice in that you have easy access to I-35 and are walking distance to the core of 6th street and the other fun areas of downtown Austin. This convenient downtown location also results in outrageous downtown parking rates. At the time of stay the hotel charged $28 per night. Since my wife and I are pretty familiar with Austin, we took our chances with hourly meter parking and ended up parking overnight in the Convention Center garage across the street for $8.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were greeted very warmly by a number of staff members and checked into our room quickly and efficiently. The lady at check-in even gave me a free bottle of water after I inquired whether there were any in the room (there were not). I forget which floor we were on, but it was higher up and our room faced 5th street and I-35. The room was a decent size. It looked as if the hotel structure was old, but the room had been recently renovated. The room was furnished with 2 Queen beds, a minibar, work desk, computer chair, lounge chair and ottoman. Everything was in good condition and comfortable as you would expect from the Garden Inn. There was also free wifi in the room, which I believe is standard in Garden Inns. I found the bathroom to be on the small side and recall the water pressure not being the best. But otherwise it was clean and tidy and served its purpose.

My biggest complaint with the hotel is the lack of insulation between rooms. It was quite obvious that the guys next door were having a grand ole time on 6th street and returned to their room at last call. I could hear their conversations in the room and even clearer in the bathroom. They were very loud in the hallway as well and all of the door slamming interrupted my sleep. I realize that the hotel cannot control how drunk their guests get on a Friday night, but the rooms should be better insulated so that I cannot hear every word my neighbors say.

Overall, I found the hotel to be a good value for the room and a comfortable stay. I would consider returning the next time I need a hotel in Austin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rocketsfan007
Dear Rocketsfan007,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I am pleased to learn that we met your expectation and your experience was a great one.
I do want to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced from your neighbors, we strive to do everything in our control to reduce the noise issue in our hotel, unfortunately we are not able to get to every situation.
I am glad you were able to find parking at an affordable price outside the hotel as Valet is our only option.
I look forward to being of service to you should your travels bring you back to the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Thanks again

Natick, MA
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This "fortress by the highway" has the basics for a business traveler. I heard no highway noise on the12th floor, but the slightly noisy (and barely effective) air conditioner helped disguise it. The hotel's location is at least a few blocks from the nicer downtown areas. Comfortable bed, but the shower was not very hot and the bedside table lamps were pretty dim. Has the goal of "sustainability" gone too far? The bathroom size is quite small. The dining room on the 18th floor was nearly empty at 7 pm on a Tuesday evening. The chicken picata was simply prepared and tasty. I might return to this hotel, but not for a romantic weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Rollcaster,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review related to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown.
I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the air condition system in your room, we continue in striving to provide a clean friendly and safe environment for our guests.
I trust that you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you should your travels bring you in the Austin area.
Thanks again

houston
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The same great quality and customer service I have come to love about the Hilton brand. Plus this hotel is in the middle of it all. Right off Austin's major freeway and walking distance to 4th, 5th, and 6th streets where all of the action is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Blondyandy6
Thank you for your review related to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, it is very refreshing to hear when we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests.
We continue in striiving to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests, I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel should your travels bring you in the Austin area again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance for your future accommodations.

Houston, TX, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hotel is clean and vibrant, view from the 18th floor restaurant is grand. The pool is pitifully small, but that was not a factor for me as I was on a business trip and did not have time to swim. I will definitely stay here again. My only gripe is the $28 valet parking per night. Valet is your only option at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steven S,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review related to your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown.
It's always refreshing to hear when we have meet the needs and expectations of our guests, we continue in striving to provide a clean, friendly and safe environment for our guests.
I am happy to learn that our Hotel will be your choice when your travels bring you to the Austin Area, if I can be of any assistance in helping with your future accommodations please let me know.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Made a weekend trip to Austin and stayed at this hotel, From the point of contact with the Valet and Bellman I knew this stay was going to be great. Everyone we encountered had a smile on their face and asking how they could help us. We even got to speak with the GM who was meeting and greeting guest.

Our guestroom overlooked the downtown area which was awesome at night.

Being on 6th Street we were able to walk to all the hot spots, the music sceen was awesome.

Anytime I go back to Austin this will be my first choice. Love their tagline,"Where the Music Lives"

Thanks for making this a great weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a City view