Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Best Western Plus Austin City Hotel(Austin)(Great Value!)
$133
$125
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
$93
$219
$170
$189
  • Breakfast included
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Pool
Wyndham Garden Austin(Austin)(Great Value!)
$99
1,338 results
All reviewseasy tigertop floorvalet parkingwithin walking distanceper nightsixth streetnice hotelaustin downtownnight lifebreakfast buffettwo blocksvalet servicebars and restaurantslocation is greatbusiness tripwould definitely stay here againcapitol building
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our first day we woke up to a plumbing problem in the bathroom and we complained to the management and were well taken care of. I want to especially put in a good word for Fitzroy Mason the front office manager. He was very helpful and nice and went out of his way to right things with us. This hotel is in a good location close to the state capitol and lots of restaurants. Though it's right next to I-35, you don't hear any noise. A number of rooms have a great view of the capitol which is very beautiful at night. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Philfourthirteen,
Thank you for your kind and favorable review about your stay at The Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center. I must apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and though the incident was an unforeseen one, I am delighted that we were able to resolve it in a timely and favorable manner. Thank you for staying with and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Always at your Service;

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The ease to get to this hotel from 35 had me sold right away. Plus it is a short walk to most of the city night life. The staff was extremely pleasant to the point my girlfriend thought I may have been up to something. After many assurances that tonight was in fact NOT the night I was purposing we went and took in the music and night life of Austin. Walking back we stopped at a sandwich shop on the 6th street side of the hotel. Can't remember the name but it was the perfect way to finish off the night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Tyler,
Thank you for your favorable 5 star review, its always refreshing to hear that we have met and exceeded the needs of our guest.
We continue to strive to provide our guests with a friendly, clean and safe environment, we look forward to your return visit here in the near future.
If I can be of any assistance please let me know.
Always at your service;

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Excellent location of hotel just one block from 6th Street and all the restaurant and bar close by to hotel, hotel have awesome view and swimming pool, nice and comfortable bed. Service was excellent too

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Member,
Thank you for your favorable review of your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown.
It is always refreshing to hear when we have met the expectation of our guests, we welcome you to visit us whenever your travels bring you into the Austin area, if I can be of any assistance with your future reservations please let me know.

Always at your Service;

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Quick review of the HGI Convention Center. Different kind of HGI, more artsy. Hotel is on top of 5 floor parking garage between 5th and 6th St. Desk/Reception is on the ground floor, rooms are above the garage. We had an excellent HH breakfast buffet on the 18th floor. I recommend parking the car in the Austin Convention Center garage ($12/12hrs) They have a flat $8 rate from 1800 to 0600. (HGI=$28). You can walk to restaurants and clubs. Yes, you can hear the bands at night, but if you want quiet, stay in Waco. Rooms are solid, big TV, mini frig and good AC. Pool is more of a big hot tub with a cool waterfall. Not a hotel for families with kids. Check out the "Tears of Joy" store on 6th for your hot sauce supplies. We stayed in room 1529. Great view of 6th St below and the TX State Capitol afar. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Park in the Convention Center Garage. Get a room on the 6th Street/Capitol side.

Dear Cactus_Pete,
Thank you for taking the time to share your favorable review on the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown.
It is very refreshing when we hear that we have met and exceeded the expectations of our guests, we continue striving to provide our guests with a clean, friendly and safe environment amidst the LIVE music in Austin.
We hope that if your travels bring you back to the Austin area that you will choose our hotel again, and if I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Hope to see you soon. Always at your service;

Reviewed June 23, 2013

When I reserved a room for a week long conference held at the convention center in Austin, I thought I was making a good choice with the Hilton Garden Inn (just down the street from the Hilton). I was expecting it to be as nice as the Hilton Garden Inn in my hometown. Unfortunately, I was disappointed at the cleanliness and the horrible beds. Let me put it this way, do not sit in the bathtub facing the toilet - - under the rim view is disgusting. Specifically the bathroom cleaing was unacceptable. That is a deal breaker for me. The swimming pool is tiny and the restraunt (except for the view) is mearly average and closed for lunch. By the way, there is no complimentary breakfast or happy hour. For the conference price, I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn or Court Yare Marriott and at least had a complimentary breakfast and happy hour. It is also not the closest hotel to the convension center. I recommend the Hilton if you want to use your honors rewards. Valet parking only $20.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Quicktripchick,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown, I am disappointed to learn that we did not meet your expectations.
Reviews like yours are the one that help us to improve in areas where we have fall short, I am sharing this with the other departments so that we can take the necessary corrective measures to ensure that no other guest has a similar experience.
Again thank you for your review.

Always at your service;