“great hotel and helpful staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #47 of 203 Hotels in Austin
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“great hotel and helpful staff”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The rooms were very clean are comfortable. The staff was very helpful with all our questions regarding downtown area. Loved this place and will definitely stay here again when I visit downtown Austin.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Jbannani,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us and we truly appreciate your business and excellent comments in regards to our hotel and staff! Our mission is to be the cleanest and most friendliest hotel in Austin and we will continue to improve our products and services for you, our most loyal guest! Please contact us in the future for reservations or special requests, so we may be at your service, See you soon.

Blake Doran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
South Korea
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is in great location right next to 6th Street. The beds are very comfortable, but the pillows are very squishy, it will take three to get any support. Two main problems I have with this place is the forced valet parking at $28 per night even if you car just sits in the garage. No self parking. And there is no room service during the day, only morning and evening. You can't stay in your room and order brunch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fitzroy M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are aware that parking in the area can be a bit high, which is why we strive to offer the lowest price for parking in our area. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The highway outside my window was a constant noise.

The entire hotel is starting to fray at the edges and needs a complete refurbishing.

There was effectively no restaurant on the 18th floor and the salad I finally settled on because I had to eat something was the worse salad I have ever been served. The breakfast was better, but when I checked out they couldn't print me out a bill for verification of what I was paying.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
Dear Tim B.,

I sincerely apologize for the 18th floor being closed for a private event during your most recent stay with us and as well as for the salad you experienced while dining with us. We are going through some upgrades this year to improve the condition of our hotel and will continue to improve our products and services for you, our most loyal guest. Thank you for bringing these areas of opportunities to our attention and I would love the opportunity to make this right for you. Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and I will personally make this up to you.

Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Good location close to 6th street.
Rooms and Lobby were clean but not spotless.
1 block over is a massive homeless center and there were several homeless outside the hotel grounds. They weren't pan handling just hanging around.
Staff was very friendly. I did not have much interaction after check in but they seemed guest oriented and I was always looked in the eye and greeted when passing or in the elevator.
I Could hear the highway in my room.
The in room internet was on the slow side, I could never get above 2mbps download.
$28/day parking hurt.

Dear Wadekind,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us and we appreciate your business! Location is critical and we are located near 100 plus restaurants, the convention center, museums, and many outdoor activities. We appreciate your wonderful comments in regards to our team members and the excellent service they provided. In regards to the homeless, the City of Austin is working on the Waller Creek Project that will improve the entire image of our area by creating a version of the San Antonio River Walk. This is going to be remarkable and we cannot wait for this project to be completed and for you to enjoy very soon! We look forward to seeing you back soon and please let us know how we can be of service at anytime.

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at the Garden Inn for one night. All staff are professional and very helpful, check in/out was quick, room & bathroom was clean and reasonably fresh. AC in the room was very noisy and shut off each time with an annoying clunk. Breakfast on the 18th floor has great views and food was good.
Overall the stay was ok, the staff try very hard but the hotel is just average.

Dear Coughton54,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay with us and we appreciate your outstanding comments in regards to our team members! They take tremendous pride in providing superior service and we operate the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town! We are going through some upgrades this year to improve our hotels overall appearance and look forward to seeing you back soon to experience our newly improved hotel! Please contact me directly for future reservations so I may be at your service!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Traveled for work and stayed here. A co-worker recommended it. There was a couple block walk to get to the convention center. A little scary at night. A nicer hotel with a better location is Hilton Austin on 4th street. This hotel will do if the Hilton is unavailable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Good Morning Dallas_Family,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your visit and we appreciate your review from your most recent stay. I want to address your concerns and inform you that the City of Austin is currently working on the "Waller Creek Project" which will improve the ambiance, image, and security around the downtown Austin area. They will have this project completed by 2014 which will create a mini San Antonio River Walk throughout our area with boutique shopping, cafes/restaurants and much more to ensure your experience is extraordinary! We look forward to these changes and we also would love to see you back. Please contact me directly at anytime so I may book your next reservation and/or accomodate any special requests you might have. Thank you for your business and have a wonderful week!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week. The facilities are very dirty and dated. Bath tube has fungus. Carpet hasn't been clean in ages. Room service did not vacuum floor as i see my own hair accumulating day by day in the bathroom. The conference rooms have very old equipment and chairs are extremely uncomfortable. The location is ok if you want to walk to 6th st. However, be aware that loud music stars playing around 9:30 pm on week days and last until midnight. Very nice if you have to be up 8 am! Front desk does not care and just offered hear plugs...i still hear the music and i am on the 12th floor. I definitely won't stay here ever again.

• Stayed February 2013
GeneralManagerDallas, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Austin Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Paloma-Voladora,

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay and I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies. I hope you consider staying with us again. We also apologize for the noise disrupting your sleep. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever. Thank you again for informing us about your stay so we may immediately improve our services and processes for you and all future guests.